Dynaryz ZGR vs Rhyzen ZGR?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Not sure from which rubber you are coming. But ZGR in both cases means 56° sponge, which makes opening up against backspin not an easy shot. If you want to find out, how 56° feel, I would go with the cheaper Tronix ZGR (Rhyzen ZGR is discontinued) and if you can handle it and need more speed, go for Dynaryz.

If you want to go for a Dynaryz, I would suggest to start with ZGX. Softer sponge and a bit more forgiving in block and flat hit. If you then find out, that you still need more speed, go for the ZGR afterwards.

Reactions: Matt Hetherington
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Th
Not sure from which rubber you are coming. But ZGR in both cases means 56° sponge, which makes opening up against backspin not an easy shot. If you want to find out, how 56° feel, I would go with the cheaper Tronix ZGR (Rhyzen ZGR is discontinued) and if you can handle it and need more speed, go for Dynaryz.

If you want to go for a Dynaryz, I would suggest to start with ZGX. Softer sponge and a bit more forgiving in block and flat hit. If you then find out, that you still need more speed, go for the ZGR afterwards.
This is sound advice 😊

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I've heard that the ZGX doesnt have great durability, but I need arubber that can last 10 months around. Thats why I was thinking about the ZGR. I had a very brief knock with it and it felt nice on the BH. I currently use K3. How does it compare to the K3?
I think its just harder and has more power potential.

If you dont like K3, you wont like zgr. If you like K3 and want to hit harder, zgr may work for you.

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
The ZGX is not a good BH rubber - it is too springy/sensitive when pushing or blocking. I think it is mainly due to the long thin pimples.

Dynaryz ZGR can slow down the game "like Friendship 729" when you do not need speed - serving, pushing, passive blocking, slow topspin. But it can get really fast when you hit hard or when the opponent hits hard and you need to withstand the pressure while not backing up from the table (this is the main weakness of Rakza Z as a BH rubber). It needs a compatible blade, e.g. like Freitas as it might be just too hard to play/topspin on some blades. It has a low throw which is a possitive on BH in my opinion as it has pin-point accuracy on blocks/punches/smashes.

The opposite would be an MX-P - catapult monster not good for touch play.

K3 is easier to play - easier to open up and has more catapult in fast play, it is softer. But the ZGR should be very durable as the sponge stayes rock hard "forever" and the grip on the black rubber seems the same after 30 hours of play.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
If I was to use the dynaryz zgr on the forehand, how fast it it and what is the throw angle compared to hurricane 3 provincial OS unboosted?
Definitely faster than unboosted H3. Probably similar to K3.

I didn't notice the throw angle too much, but some say its a bit straight

says Inner Carbon is King
says Inner Carbon is King
Jun 2023
I heard that for K3.

But i havent really seen lack of durability for DG.
Yes, i agree with that. K3 was only a hybrid for like 2 months, but then u can use it like a typical tensor rubber so its not too much of a problem. In terms of the ZGR, do u find that u can still do the same full power/effort shot that u can do with chinese rubbers? Does that still work? Thanks for ur help btw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yes, i agree with that. K3 was only a hybrid for like 2 months, but then u can use it like a typical tensor rubber so its not too much of a problem. In terms of the ZGR, do u find that u can still do the same full power/effort shot that u can do with chinese rubbers? Does that still work? Thanks for ur help btw
For the most part, yes.

But Chinese rubbers have more dwell time and control, so you still feel more confident to hit hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Which is easier to loop backspin with?
I think the ZGR gives easier access to lift and speed, so in that sense it is easier to loop underspin with.

But again, if you want to hit hard and with more quality, Chinese rubbers give a better sense of confidence, so you can lift underspin with better quality.