European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Does anyone know why German players Franziska, Dima, Dang Qiu are not playing? I'd love to see Timo on the winning side, but is it likely against a strong Swedish side?
Germany sometimes does this, they did the same thing last year when their top players couldn't make it to China and it helped the growth of Dang. So far it is showing that Timo still has a lot left in tbe tank and that Duda is a quality player just pushed off the first team because of space.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Obviously Mattias wanted to win but you won't find a player more fair than Timo, no way he'd claim that point if it didn't hit the edge. Besides, the edge wasn't even that thin.
Also, isn't that the umpire who called foul on Ding Ning's serves in London 2012 final? "Please play" my ass, this isn't the time to enforce that rule.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Germany sometimes does this, they did the same thing last year when their top players couldn't make it to China and it helped the growth of Dang. So far it is showing that Timo still has a lot left in tbe tank and that Duda is a quality player just pushed off the first team because of space.
And Stumper as the 3rd singles player.

Jan 2018
The resistance of TO has been the downfall of Boll's career.

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
Jan 2018
2011 & 2021 WTTC bronze medalist > 2019 silver medalist
2011 & 2021 WTTC bronze medalist > 2021 silver medalist?

Moregard got owned by F. Lebrun. He has to prove here that Boll would've been just another player back in the days.

Kallberg can retire. Didn't win a match (and his only match). A freeloader.

Now the question is why did Boll choose to participate?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
2011 & 2021 WTTC bronze medalist > 2019 silver medalist
2011 & 2021 WTTC bronze medalist > 2021 silver medalist?

Moregard got owned by F. Lebrun. He has to prove here that Boll would've been just another player back in the days.

Kallberg can retire. Didn't win a match (and his only match). A freeloader.

Now the question is why did Boll choose to participate?
Kallberg won a match in the group stage vs Italy. Didn't change the overall result if I remember correctly.

I think Germany wanted someone experienced to give the team stability and to give it a realistic chance of winning every match (Dang was already the European champion last year, so he was the team stabilizer). Moregardh and maybe the Lebruns are probably the only people that Boll would have clear underdogs against. I probably would have added Freitas if they hadn't actually played lol...

Reactions: zeio
Does anyone know why German players Franziska, Dima, Dang Qiu are not playing? I'd love to see Timo on the winning side, but is it likely against a strong Swedish side?
From what I heard there in a training camp for the Olympics next year.

Cheers
L-zr