fathers day present,decision

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Butterfly Tamaropa, is that what you are using? Are you really using Sriver in 1.5?

What is your game like. A few months ago you hadn't played in a while. How are your skills now. Are you back up to speed?

If you are using Sriver, I would upgrade to Tenergy first before switching blades.

Also, a one ply Hinoki blade is going to feel WAY WAY DIFFERENT than a TB ALC or a TB ZLC.

One thing to consider. Lots of amateurs use the TB ZLC. Not too many pros do though. But lots of pros use the TB ALC. Think about what that might mean.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
UpSideDownCarl its my mistake that tamaropa is the fist blade i ever bought and the srivers i bought about a year ago just to have it as i did back in the 70's,80's ,but no at the moment im using a Timo boll spirit with tenergy 05 fh and dhs h3 bh,and although im older now i still like the attacking game and the timo works fine,i play 3 times a wk with buddies but the rest of the week i practice at home with robot ,but thanks Carl ill keep that in mind for now im just researching ,thnx again

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
UpSideDownCarl its my mistake that tamaropa is the fist blade i ever bought and the srivers i bought about a year ago just to have it as i did back in the 70's,80's ,but no at the moment im using a Timo boll spirit with tenergy 05 fh and dhs h3 bh,and although im older now i still like the attacking game and the timo works fine,i play 3 times a wk with buddies but the rest of the week i practice at home with robot ,but thanks Carl ill keep that in mind for now im just researching ,thnx again

Okay. How is the TB Spirit for you. If you are using TBS there is not much difference between that and TB ALC. Different handle, otherwise pretty much the same blade.

Have you tried the rubbers the other way? H3, for most people is a much better rubber for FH than for BH. But everybody is different. What do you feel you get from having H3 on BH?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FX-P and T05 feel slow for your BH but H3 does not? Wow. That is interesting.

If you have the TBS and you are looking for a new blade to try, then, based on that, TB ZLC would be a bump in speed if that is what you are looking for. TB ALC will be very similar to TBS. TB ZLC will be faster. If that is what you are looking for, go for it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
thnx UPSC,im not if its slow but more like soft sponge ,but that is the feeling , maybe was the blade i was using at the time ,anyways ill post as soon as i get the blade and play it

With your blade, try the T05 on BH for a few hits and see how it feels to you. I would be curious to see how T05 feels on BH to you.

Last edited: