Fh rubber for initiating loop from backspin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
There is no way that a different rubber will help you to lift backspin, unless your current one is worn out. What is your struggle? Consistency or power? Can you loop during multiball? Can you loop during serve & attack drills? Can you loop in a match? Anyway, you'd better film yourself and analyze your stroke and footwork to find the real culprit.

Reactions: Sims and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sali,

How about Donic Baracuda? High throw angle, very good price. Only a bit slow if you compare it with Tenergy 05.

Might be a good choice. I am just thinking about difference in softer or harder rubber. For instance T05 and FX version. Which is better to initiate attack and which is better to continue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
The Donic JP01 is already a good rubber the JP03 is the soft version and it is easy to lift chops.
If the balls going to the net you might need to moved your weight forward a bit more.
Just a thought.

I currently use Acuda blue P2 very easy to lift heavy back spin balls and it is also a soft rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Springy or spinny rubbers are not as forgiving of errors.

Lifting back spin is a matter of technique and matching the back spin on the ball with the tangential upwards motion of the paddle. If you do this you can return back spin with anything.
There are two things that get in the way off making good returns.
Getting into position.
Swinging too early and reaching forward instead of waiting to swing more upwards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Springy or spinny rubbers are not as forgiving of errors.

Lifting back spin is a matter of technique and matching the back spin on the ball with the tangential upwards motion of the paddle. If you do this you can return back spin with anything.
There are two things that get in the way off making good returns.
Getting into position.
Swinging too early and reaching forward instead of waiting to swing more upwards.

I know that, also if I relax my hand a lot I Can Even smash it from the table, but this is not the question. The rubber I use now is extremely hard to do this, while I was using t05, t05fx and rakza 7 was much easier.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The best rubber I know for looping backspin is Tibhar MX-S. It is fairly hard and slower vs. topspin, but if you power loop often and move fast, it is extremely rewarding - fantastic spin.

NextLevel, what made you decide to switch back to Baracuda?

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NextLevel, what made you decide to switch back to Baracuda?

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Might have told this story already but I played the final of the U2050 event in my club against a guy I play against often. He blocks power extremely well and spin well to, but not as well. While playing him in my last match of the day, I got to that point of frustration where I realized that I wanted to spin the ball lazily, but that MX-S required more juice than I was willing to squeeze to produce the kind of spin that would disturb my opponent. One of my other hitting partners had told me he preferred my Baracuda loops a while back so I decided to go for it. Also, someone had told me that a 2300 player in his club uses Baracuda, so I felt that there was still room left for me to explore it despite not having used it in over 2.5 yrs.

The biggest thing that it does for me now is that since it is slower than most and spinner than most/all in its class for what it does, it feeds my sidespin game to the T. IT took me time to realize it, and I am still learning, but a guy who is around 2200 who I could never beat, I beat him this past two weeks in my league. He used to wait at the end of the table to counter my loops, but now my loops either come more slowly or don't even get to him - they bend away. IT's been extremely satisfying. I block better because even though Baracuda is spin sensitive, it is also slower so I don't suffer as much from looping pace - only heavy spin that kills my timing. The only thing I do clearly do worse is counterloop, but that is just a work-in-progress. Baracuda was notorious for being a great rubber for attacking backspin as well, so while it is not MX-S, it is probably in the top 5 Euro rubbers for slow spinning and power looping backspin because of the lower catapult/speed. And of course, the rubber's raw spin improves my serves etc. But what I plan to do for the next two weeks before the Thanksgiving tournaments is work hard on dinking the ball wide as well as looping it wide. I want to see how effective that is vs looping juniors because I can't hit the ball past them.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl