How did you decide Chinese versus Tensor rubber on FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Anything above net or with with top or side, I loop. But I'm not "true" both wing looper, more defensive on BH. Is the XP2008 best, or anything else you suggest I try?

Do you really wanna keep doing this? What is the reason you don't loop balls below the net? It is not hard at all, at least soft loop. And you can add power to those balls with time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ok, i will. I have a quick question on backhand. Coaching has evolved me to this style - I chop a lot of backhands and do heavy brushing back spin. Anything above net or with with top or side, I loop. But I'm not "true" both wing looper, more defensive on BH. Is the XP2008 best, or anything else you suggest I try?

It was suggested to me at club that Tibhar Power Wood may be a little easier to use than shake hand YEO. Not sure what rubbers to try on it.

XP 2008 is fine. Der Echte has an all round backhand and played with it at 1900+ level.

I personally prefer SPW to YEO but you need to try SPW (borrow one) and see if it fits. I personally would recommend that you stick with what you are using now for 4-12 months, ideally at least 6 months. Changing too quickly doesn't allow you to accumulate knowledge and keeps you going round in circles. Equipment will never fix anything completely, only practice will. But changing equipment can produce fresh perspectives after a long period as the change in feeling can make one think differently. Also, sometimes, slower and softer is what the doctor ordered or harder and faster too. But you have to accumulate experience with the setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Do you really wanna keep doing this? What is the reason you don't loop balls below the net? It is not hard at all, at least soft loop. And you can add power to those balls with time.

I am coached to chop lower balls to BH right now. It has helped me beat more players and make less mistake. I can generate heavy spin with it. I think coach is teaching me the proper way to spin the ball. I make mistake when I try and loop backspin off BH side right now. This is because I have not been taught slow BH loop yet. Only on FH side do I do that.

XP 2008 is fine. Der Echte has an all round backhand and played with it at 1900+ level.

I personally prefer SPW to YEO but you need to try SPW (borrow one) and see if it fits. I personally would recommend that you stick with what you are using now for 4-12 months, ideally at least 6 months. Changing too quickly doesn't allow you to accumulate knowledge and keeps you going round in circles. Equipment will never fix anything completely, only practice will. But changing equipment can produce fresh perspectives after a long period as the change in feeling can make one think differently. Also, sometimes, slower and softer is what the doctor ordered or harder and faster too. But you have to accumulate experience with the setup.

I agree equipment will not fix anything. I also really like the YEO. So I think I just need a higher throw rubber on FH and I will try battle 2. The Skyline is almost perfect. I will buy battle 2 and then maybe get the SPW later as alternate blade (i just have 1 blade now). Would the same rubber work on it? I know it is high throw.

To begin with I haven't decided that I'm going to stick with chinese rubber but I decided to try it and today I received it and played a bit. So first impression is that it's not too seriously different. ( comparing to T05 and Sigma I europe ). I will write an extended review on the rubber soon. But I think if someone doesn't have the money to invest to an expensive rubber and have easy access to DHS h3 neo It's a fair rubber. Keep in mind though, I am a beginner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Yes the H3 rubber is nice. Its not a forgiving rubber though and it can be low power which sometimes is a bad thing. This is why I try the Battle II. 729 make very good chinese rubbers and I think it may have a little more speed than the DHS. I found I'd like higher throw with the skyline 3 neo. It take a lot of lift to loop backspin. A little more than I want. But Skyline is great rubber too. Just some small difference that I notice after a week or two of play.

Last edited:
Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Have to say a big thank you again to Carl. I have finally beaten one of the better players close to my level (he play 1400) multiple times since switching to Tibhar and Vega Pro rubber. A few reason why.

Every shot is easier.FH push is a lot easier for me. Backhand chop is even more heavy. I loop a lot more and have no fear it going long, so I have more confidence to go for the shot. My blocks just go over when I want with no extra pushing needed.

I truly amazed at how many loop i can hit in a row now compared to before. I can go from one corner to the other. I played close to table for angled blocks and medium distance back for counter loop when needed and both styles working for me.

This Vega pro rubber is the real deal for me. VERY easy to use coming from the chinese rubber. The Tensor (rhyzm) I use in past was not nearly this easy for me to control. Maybe because I switch to 2.0 both sides, I don't know. But the soft feel of the blade and the great play of the rubber has become a winner for me.

So I start this thread with question on chinese rubber and find out for myself that I prefer a bit slower tensor over the chinese rubber for my game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Have to say a big thank you again to Carl. I have finally beaten one of the better players close to my level (he play 1400) multiple times since switching to Tibhar and Vega Pro rubber. A few reason why.

Every shot is easier.FH push is a lot easier for me. Backhand chop is even more heavy. I loop a lot more and have no fear it going long, so I have more confidence to go for the shot. My blocks just go over when I want with no extra pushing needed.

I truly amazed at how many loop i can hit in a row now compared to before. I can go from one corner to the other. I played close to table for angled blocks and medium distance back for counter loop when needed and both styles working for me.

This Vega pro rubber is the real deal for me. VERY easy to use coming from the chinese rubber. The Tensor (rhyzm) I use in past was not nearly this easy for me to control. Maybe because I switch to 2.0 both sides, I don't know. But the soft feel of the blade and the great play of the rubber has become a winner for me.

So I start this thread with question on chinese rubber and find out for myself that I prefer a bit slower tensor over the chinese rubber for my game.

Rhyzm is a good high control spinny rubber but unless you use other rubbers or boost, you may not appreciate how hard it is to spin with it vs tensors with softer topsheets.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yes I think Rhyzm is excellent, but maybe better than I am. The Vega Pro feels more equal to my level of play, if that make sense.

Not necessarily true and probably not true for you either. You will find that level and style are not the same thing. Stronger swings are not the only thing that determine playing level. I would prefer Vega Pro to Rhyzm as well and it is not about my playing level. Some people prefer topsheets and sponges that deform more easily and some people do not. It all depends on how you want to play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
I guess I do not know the nuance well enough, but this combo has click very fast with me. Much easier to lift and attack third ball. It feels like the ball stays on the paddle a lot longer than YEO with the Chinese rubber. I can not explain it but the rubber is not tacky, yet the spin seems to be better since I can make the ball bounce earlier on the table. It just seems easier to use this blade and rubber for me at least.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I guess I do not know the nuance well enough, but this combo has click very fast with me. Much easier to lift and attack third ball. It feels like the ball stays on the paddle a lot longer than YEO with the Chinese rubber. I can not explain it but the rubber is not tacky, yet the spin seems to be better since I can make the ball bounce earlier on the table. It just seems easier to use this blade and rubber for me at least.

Spin is easier and better with Euro rubber than Chinese rubber and softer topsheet/sponge than harder topsheet/sponge. But maximum spin ability of harder topsheet/sponge is higher. Tackiness reduces the spin but it makes it easier to trap power shots so you can loop with power all the time if you have the physical ability.

So you need to know how you want to play (spin or drive or spin-drive) and how hard you swing in order to figure out what range of set up to make your preferences for spin/speed or the combination to show up. Me I like to swing hard but I also get lazy so I picked something that spins easily and decided to live with the fact that I can't get spin at the higher levels of swing speed because I can't play fast all the time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
This make sense. I am getting more spin and do swing hard on FH side. Not fast all the time either, but I play physical game with active footwork. Probably no active enough for chinese rubber. The Vega Pro seem to help me keep ball on the table more while still playing aggressive. I spend more time with it and see but these result are the best I have ever gotten after changing equipment.

This user has no status.
Thank god the Skyline 3 is what I wanted. Easier to use this rubber. Loops are staying on the table more often. Ball feel is so much better. I compare it to Hurricane meets Mark V, if that makes sense. Amazing rubber for the price. Just a little less power and more control which is a perfect match for YEO right now.
Hey,did you used to use h3 neo on yeo? I have the same set up, though not getting much time to play. So, do you suggest h3neo or skyline 3 neo on yeo ? Since I have both the rubbers,so interested in knowing.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Since I remember you recently put the rubbers you use I suggest you stick with them with as long as their durability allows you. I suggest that because, I didn't feel much difference changing from Tensor to Chinese rubber so I think you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Skyline and Hurricane, let aside it being worthwhile the money and time.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Hey,did you used to use h3 neo on yeo? I have the same set up, though not getting much time to play. So, do you suggest h3neo or skyline 3 neo on yeo ? Since I have both the rubbers,so interested in knowing.

I suggest maybe Skyline 2 - something with a higher throw. The H3 is supposed to be good too.

This user has no status.
I chose Chinese not so tacky control class rubber for years on my BH wing because it lasted months longer and I could make every shot well.

Everyone should discover and play with what is suitable or likeable.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Interesting, chinese,but no so tacky.
Can you list your 5 favourite rubbers amongst all you tried for backhand?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Interesting, chinese,but no so tacky.
Can you list your 5 favourite rubbers amongst all you tried for backhand?

Just about anything that wasn't anti. I can use many rubbers on BH and be comfortable. Middle of road speed with a premium on control seems to land me a few moar shots.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Really? I am talking shakehand set up. Don't you think skyline 2 neo would be very low throw?

YEO is tough for me to use SH compared to the Tibhar. It is a very nice blade, but hard and then you add hard rubber and it can be challenging. The Skylines are both rated as medium throw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
YEO is tough for me to use SH compared to the Tibhar. It is a very nice blade, but hard and then you add hard rubber and it can be challenging. The Skylines are both rated as medium throw.
This is exactly why I get confused about why the YEO has so many fans - the blade was one of my first blades before I knew anything about blades in general, and ever since I discovered limba outer plies, I realized the blade was too hard. So when I see people raving about it, I get confused.:confused: