Hurricane 3 Provincial VS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
oops sry for wrong information.....i thought only speed glue is banned....hurricane NEO is boost by the factory....tats y it is softer....

All good. Hurricane NEO also has a different sponge. But I tried a new version of regular Hurricane and they have made it to be much more like the NEO now. They used to have a different sponge and a different topsheet. I think the topsheet is the same now. But I am not sure if the sponge on the newer regular Hurricane is the same sponge as the NEO. It might be. In which case they would be the same aside from the factory tuning.

says Hi, no thanks, I've found a place where I can get one...
Jan 2012
I would rather know the rules and disagree with them then be naive. I personally do not care if people boost. It is a stupid rule and I can disagree with it. I boost when I put my rubbers on. But I will not say it is legal, and if you look at the post I was responding to:

iLove4X says: "...and it is legal......"

AND, NO, IT IS NOT LEGAL. When you are breaking the rules on purpose, you should know it. If you are boosting and think it is legal, you don't know the rules.

It is just as illegal as speed glue. I personally don't feel like there is anything wrong with speed glue either. I just think it is a pain to reglue every time you play. I would rather just use what I have or boost when I feel like it. BOOSTING IS JUST AS MUCH AGAINST THE RULES AS SPEED GLUE IS. If you know that, you can do what you want. I know people who still speed glue. I don't care.

But it is foolish that the ITTF originally said they are banning speed glue because it is harmful and then banned other substances that are not harmful as well.

But, Boosting is still against the rules. :) Do with the information what you want. I like the way Hurricane plays boosted and I think it plays just fine without boosting. It is all just what you are used to.
`

Ok! :eek: No problem ! I firstly thought by answering to iLov4X you were also criticizing people speed gluing and boosting. Oops

Jan 2012
All good. Hurricane NEO also has a different sponge. But I tried a new version of regular Hurricane and they have made it to be much more like the NEO now. They used to have a different sponge and a different topsheet. I think the topsheet is the same now. But I am not sure if the sponge on the newer regular Hurricane is the same sponge as the NEO. It might be. In which case they would be the same aside from the factory tuning.

That's a nice info.. I just ordered today a sheet of H3 provncial regular, 38° on TTNPP to try out on my TBS to see if I could like it more than my H3 neo prov... I was a bit afraid concerning the huge tackiness people talk about, and the harder sponge... I hope I'll get something like the H3N but without the factory tuning and a little bit less springy out of the package

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's a nice info.. I just ordered today a sheet of H3 provncial regular, 38° on TTNPP to try out on my TBS to see if I could like it more than my H3 neo prov... I was a bit afraid concerning the huge tackiness people talk about, and the harder sponge... I hope I'll get something like the H3N but without the factory tuning and a little bit less springy out of the package

I would love to hear what you get when you have played with it. I would be interested to hear also. And if the sponge is 38° then, that is a really good hardness for Hurricane. It is fairly soft for Hurricane without being too soft.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
`

Ok! :eek: No problem ! I firstly thought by answering to iLov4X you were also criticizing people speed gluing and boosting. Oops

Yeah, sorry for giving that impression. :) I should have made clear in that post that I am not against boosting or speed gluing. It is unfortunate that it is against the rules. But I feel like educated TT players should know that it is against the rules, even if it should not be.

I am glad that they seem to be ignoring the presence of boosting throughout the International circuit and are letting the guys play. But I do wish they would change that rule so that, what is banned is chemicals that are harmful to your health. Not chemicals that simply make your rubber play better and can make your rubbers last longer. Don't let me get started on some of the foolish rules or moves that the ITTF seems to make.

Jan 2012
Yeah, sorry for giving that impression. :) I should have made clear in that post that I am not against boosting or speed gluing. It is unfortunate that it is against the rules. But I feel like educated TT players should know that it is against the rules, even if it should not be.

Totally agree, people should know.

I am glad that they seem to be ignoring the presence of boosting throughout the International circuit and are letting the guys play. But I do wish they would change that rule so that, what is banned is chemicals that are harmful to your health. Not chemicals that simply make your rubber play better and can make your rubbers last longer. Don't let me get started on some of the foolish rules or moves that the ITTF seems to make.

True. But unfortunately they WILL NEVER go back to the old rule where we could play as we wished with what we liked or even, as you say, just keep the VOC banned but use a VOC free glue with speed increase characteristics. This is why I say the rule is a swindle, because it was approved not at all for the players' health ; but only to start a new production of high quality tensor rubbers that costs a lot of money. I would be VERY curious to see the sales figures (or the "gross" not sure of the right word to use here) of the Butterfly company and the ITTF since the ban of the speed glue (sept 2008) and now (summer 2012). That should enlighten us...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
As someone who has moved from Tensor/SPI rubbers to DHS rubber, i would say that my move was a tough one.
With regards to DHS Hurr3 prv, i must say that the rubber is of no use without tuning.

Read this thread for more : http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51345&PID=633288

I love the spin once it 'break-in', also, the sound that it makes is awsum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
carl how come do you know so much about the distribution of hurricane rubbers?

as far im concerned there are actually 3 "grades" of hurricane topsheets? 1st grade goes to national team along with best quality blue sponges (how exactly do we know that buying a "h3 national version" is true product?i mean lets say they produce 100 national rubbers per week and national players are 20 . so the rest 80 national oriented rubber go to the market ?

then with the same proceedure , 2nd grade provincial rubbers are produced and the leftovers of the provincial players rubbers go to the market? and finally the great leftovers of the whole process that didnt pass the quality tests are tagged as simple hurricanes commercial version? am i correct ?

please enlighten me because i dont wanna waste my prescious money

p.s. can you also please tell me who told you all that prescious information ! thanx very much dude