ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony is sharing his anecdotes and knowledge about these subtle issues that we would not know about otherwise. It's interesting information that informs us about how the world of pro table tennis works, as well as potentially explaining some portion of Chinese dominance (even if it might be a fraction of percent). I don't see it as whining at all, and I'm pushing back against your assertion that it is. I think you could've sought more clarification on what his assertions were before going in so aggressively from the outset.
Thanks Tubozed
its okay

touching on CNT is always a risky subject
its worse on Chinese forums, you will be attacked big time for it

what is right is right, what is wrong is right

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
haha, if I didn't say all these things, would you know?
I thought knowledge is power and I like to share knowledge
maybe you should add me to the ignore list, so you don't benefit from my knowledge.

you should grow up, man up and do that!
Sadly with TTD, I can't do that, so you do it, PLEASE :)
I never put anyone on ignore, I see that as a childish move but I suppose you see that as the character of a man.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
What other sports does it happen in? And why do you want Tony to stop talking about it so much? He's not saying anything offensive or spreading misinformation. You can always scroll past his comments. Is what you're doing the 'grown up' approach?

I'm pretty confused about your motivations here, especially since I know you to be a generally reasonable poster.
Fine, I've said my piece, I'll just stop here. I just don't see the point of complaining about something that we all know happens and why it happens because it happens everywhere for the same reason.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Both Felix and LYJ excels at rallies. But I feel Felix tends to stay close to table a hit more often. With his height it gave him the advantage to hit early.

Like FZD, later in his career LYJ also shifted his playing field from close to table to mid distance.
well done to Felix,

TPE main mission is to get top 4 seed for OG teams
now they need to go work on individual rankings before (if I recall) May cutoff

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Amazing performance by Felix there.

How is he so rock steady in his mentality at such a young age?

I feel like the Lebrun brothers are like an experiment in sports psychology to show the world how important mentality is in success. It's crazy how big of a difference the two are in that respect.

• Love
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hindsight is 50‐50 but I was confused by the comments about how good Lin was playing as if Felix wasn't playing lights out as well (with no losses compared to Lin).
Felix was on top from the 1st point.
Both against Chuang and Lin
If Felix can continue tomorrow evening, he would win 1 or 2.
But his brother is a walking time bomb.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, congrats to team France! Felix looks unbeatable. In his current form and Ma Long's current form I think tomorrow might really be the time that team China finally falls from the podium. We can all see team Korea and team Japan challenging China, who could've guessed that it may actually be team France who finally takes down the goliath?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The thing with China is that they always have something for you. The crowd tomorrow will be Chinese since Korea is out. I think WCQ will be overprepared for Felix. It will be interesting to see the result.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I never put anyone on ignore, I see that as a childish move but I suppose you see that as the character of a man.
no, just do it
I dont want my information to be shared to you

man up and do it

@Dan @TableTennisDaily
It would be nice if I blocked dingyibvs, so that he can't read a single post of mine on TTD.
With ignore option, I won't see his, but he can still see mine and that defeats the objective of the feature imo

• Angry
Reactions: vivalavida320315
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, congrats to team France! Felix looks unbeatable. In his current form and Ma Long's current form I think tomorrow might really be the time that team China finally falls from the podium. We can all see team Korea and team Japan challenging China, who could've guessed that it may actually be team France who finally takes down the goliath?
Ma Long can still beat Gauzy, give me a break.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yes, Alexis is a walking time bomb, but sometimes he can take down a FZD when he explodes too! Last time it felt like China vs. Japan was the real finals, but this year it won't feel like China vs. Korea was the real finals. Psychologically, I can see team China being relieved that they got past Japan and Korea and can't be as mentally ready for France, who's possibly even more dangerous with both talent and experience and just gnashing on their team ready to take down China.

I suppose WCQ's new coach will have to get involved to make sure they're prepared ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The thing with China is that they always have something for you. The crowd tomorrow will be Chinese since Korea is out. I think WCQ will be overprepared for Felix. It will be interesting to see the result.
yeah, that is the crazy thing
but since its weekend still, I do believe there will be many Koreans in the hall and maybe all having Lebrun signage up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
no, just do it

man up and do it

@Dan @TableTennisDaily
It would be nice if I blocked dingyibvs, so that he can't read a single post of mine on TTD.
With ignore option, I won't see his, but he can still see mine and that defeats the objective of the feature imo
Heh, that's the nice thing about not ignoring anyone. I can expose myself to all information whether I like to read it or not! In fact, I think I'm gonna follow you so I get an alert every time you post :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: vivalavida320315
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
LYJ proven himself by winning Frankfurt against 2 very hot top CNT players (Wang Chuqin and Ma Long) imo. I think the threat level against CNT between Harimoto and LYJ are about equal at this point in time...
F. Lebrun: No, he has not achieved enough in the 3 majors.

As we have just witnessed, Harimoto and LYJ are FAR from equal. It's not just about China. One has to beat everyone else first and push China to the limit before one can make that claim.

XTWC 2023
Harimoto 3-0 F. Lebrun

WTTC 2024
Harimoto 3-2 LYJ
F. Lebrun 3-0 LYJ

It seems folks only remember the LYJ in Tokyo 2020. To be honest, his overall result should be much better.

巴黎男单夺冠概率分析 (Paris MS odds of winning analysis)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8786267669
咒術少校 灣林高了 實際上他除了上次冠軍賽勇奪冠軍 我沒記錯的話他完全沒有其他具含金量的成人大賽單打冠軍 連洲際冠軍的頭銜也沒有
摩托能連續擊敗小胖 他分也低了 應該跟灣林交換
IP属地:中国香港来自iPhone客户端5楼2023-12-12 14:56
[Tai]Wan Lin is overrated. In fact, besides winning the WTT CS, if I remember correctly, he has no other with-gold-content senior singles titles, not even a continental title.
Moto can defeat Xiaopang twice in a row. His odds are also underrated. He should switch with [Tai]Wan Lin.

麻辣虾尾: 湾林东奥发挥好,属于大赛体质,张本大赛拉胯
Wan Lin performed well in Tokyo Olympics and is a "major" player, and Harimoto falters in majors
2023-12-12 15:56
咒術少校: 回复 麻辣虾尾 :那摩托世錦世界杯也擊敗了國乒絕對主力阿 大賽方面我當持平 但其他高級賽摩托完全吊打灣林 灣林除剛的冠軍賽外完全沒有哪怕一座的高階單打冠軍 摩托別說冠軍賽級數了 光是總決賽冠軍 亞洲杯冠軍 在成績上已經足夠把灣林吊起來打了
Moto also defeated the absolute main force of CNT in the WTTC and World Cup. I'll rate them the same in majors, but in other high-level comps Moto completely creams Wan Lin. Except for the WTT CS, Wan Lin has no high-level singles title. For Moto, let alone the WTT CS, just being WTGF champion and Asian Cup champion are enough to cream Wan Lin in terms of results.
2023-12-12 16:19
枉此嘉言懿行: 回复 咒術少校 :摩托也就世界杯高光了一下,世锦赛水的一批
Moto only shone in the World Cup, and sucks in WTTC.
2023-12-12 18:16
咒術少校: 回复 枉此嘉言懿行 :世錦單打8強就跟前一水鳥一樣級數 在他日可不拉 何況世錦團體簡直有如神級 再者也沒打算討論摩托的事情就是比較一下摩托跟灣林的成績 何來灣林比摩托高分
2023-12-12 18:32
QF in WTTC singles is equivalent to Mizutani's level. It doesn't suck in Japan. What's more, he is simply god level in WTTTC. Besides, I didn't plan to get hung up on Moto, I'm comparing the results of Moto and Wan Lin. How come Wan Lin has better odds than Moto?

This user has no status.
no, just do it

man up and do it

@Dan @TableTennisDaily
If there is any say in this I would politely disagree with this suggestion. If you block someone its purely because you don't want or unable to accept their views.
If you don't think people should be allowed on the forum that is what moderators are for. I don't think I should be able to stop people engaging in a thread purely because I don't like them.

Overall, this is a historic day for team France and also now solidifies the use of penhold again at the world stage which could have awesome implications. I hope that with more exposure to penhold we will start to see some more diversity in the sport!

Go Felix!