LIEBHERR 2012 Men's World Cup

Who will win the MENs World Cup 2012???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Xu Xin will win this. Ma Long still hasn't overcome his problems (which I think is innate).

1) Not enough spin, too much speed, which results in many errors
2) Playing too fast which results in more errors.
3) No "sting" whatsoever, i.e. he doesn't have that game winning shot.

From his loss to Chuang, we can see that his game is indeed not invulnerable.
I have to say - you were completely wrong..
Obviously he just had a bad day..
Ma Long destroyed Xu Xin, leaving him just 20 points in 4 sets, which is 5 per set average..
Ma Long the beast is back, the way he played I cant see anyone beat him. . uff that was just fierce!

My god, I hope now he wins the final, Timo will have some rough tough time :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Not at all. In this way they wont get 1st and 2nd. What do you guys think that is in the head of Liu Guoliang? Who does he want to win in the semi final Ma Long or Xu Xin? Xu Xin has not lost any game while Ma Long has already. It might be a dilemma because they want Ma Long to win the world cup but what if Ma Long beats Xu Xin but loses the final. I really hope this does not happen but those might be some of things that Liu might be thinking...
Who knows..
From what I know, Liu Guoliang is not even there..
I saw just some interview with Qin Zhijian, who is obviously coaching the Chinese duo in here..
Anyways - I think they just want the best one to win :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
And its all over..
Wov!
Samsonov beating Xu Xin that was like a dream come true!
But he played so well!!!
And Ma Long, the beast, Timo had just no chance to beat him, not at all..
Brilliant, Ma Long got his deserved title!

Now just wait for German open in late october, that will be some to watch too ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Yeah. the beast is back !!! .. superb performance from him .. counter loops. powerful forehands (as always) and deadly backhands. absolutely love it. Plus, he didn't even drop a single set while playing semi and final in the same day with world top players. anyway, what happened to Xu Xin. I've expected him so much :-(

This user has no status.
I have to say - you were completely wrong..
As I said in my comment I dont expect that to happen. I am a fan of Ma Long and I am so glad that he won as he was when he went to talk to his coach after beating Timo Boll. This is just the first of his major events wins. Something Ironic is that in the award cermony he was between the guys that stopped him from winning the world cup previously.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
As I said in my comment I dont expect that to happen. I am a fan of Ma Long and I am so glad that he won as he was when he went to talk to his coach after beating Timo Boll. This is just the first of his major events wins. Something Ironic is that in the award cermony he was between the guys that stopped him from winning the world cup previously.
Well, they didnt stop him today :)

Finally Ma Long got it, and he totally deserved it after what he has shown today. It's just sad for Xu Xin that he had to play Ma Long in this form in the semis, and I think that played a role in his match with Samsonov as well. Nevertheless Samsonov played amazing today.
Agree, Samsonov played like it was 10-12 years ago, when he was at top form!
Honestly in the beginning of this year I thought that Samsonov should probably retire after Olympics, his form went down and down..
But lately, he is playing pretty good!
I am very surprised! He gave tough time to Zhang in the Olympics and now this, well, yeah, amazing!

But I am happy for him, I always liked Vladi :)

Reactions: WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
[Final+Award] BOLL Timo - MA Long [Full Match/Short Form]

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
That 3rd place match was a thriller!
Kudos to Samsonov for another medal @ the World Cup.

Congrats to Ma Long too, a long haul finalized in a success.. For now..

I was shocked by Samsonov's performance such a big shock considering both players recent performances. I think Xu Xin was always playing the ball to late and gave Samsonov to much time, what do you think?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, they didnt stop him today :)

Agree, Samsonov played like it was 10-12 years ago, when he was at top form!
Honestly in the beginning of this year I thought that Samsonov should probably retire after Olympics, his form went down and down..
But lately, he is playing pretty good!
I am very surprised! He gave tough time to Zhang in the Olympics and now this, well, yeah, amazing!

But I am happy for him, I always liked Vladi :)

Indeed, Vladi was amazing this World Cup. Would've loved to see Ma Long win his group and face his 2009 nightmare ;) I think Vladi would have had a good shot! Also Maze would've had a nicer opponent hehe, kinda sucks when you win your group beating Dima and Joo, only to find out your very next opponent is Ma Long.. =\

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Maybe that was the case, but Samsonov was so agressive, he usually plays that block defense with some forehand attacks..
But what was that ?! Forehand backhand topspins with minimum blocks, very positive play, even from the deep he was trying to get back into rally, simply sensational! I like this new Vladi!

But mostly I like this fact:
Chinese got 2 losses! From a non-chinese players I mean!
Finally its not just pure dominance, they can lose!
And that is interesting!
This can affect German open in a huge way!
Imagine to have non-chinese final, lol, that would be some!
Cant wait for the full list of players, should be on tomorrow..