Loki Rxton III Pink Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Yeah, I actually sometimes do a similar shot, when played against heavy topspin, it is a legit counter, the practice you did at 3:05 to 3:11 when he is actually looping into it with various degrees of spin and you are doing it is more when you should be using that shot. I also have a Nigerian friend who almost exclusively uses that shot on his backhand, it is a nightmare to play him when he is hitting it but because he doesn't vary it much, it is easy to play him when he is not hitting it. It is actually a good thing you are building an instinct for this early, most players learn to block and then struggle going to counter-offense. The challenge will be that your backhand may be so much more troubling than for your forehand if you can stay consistent with it so you may end up having to get a better forehand. But yes, as long as you don't miss much and the stroke is not causing injury, there is absolutely nothing wrong with such shots. Maybe I should try Rxton 3 Blue and hide it from my friend...
Thanks for the input @NextLevel. You're right the shot also works as a counter against slow spinny topspin shots that my coach feeds me.

I've been trying to figure out why I've developed this shot since it wasn't taught to me and I've never watched any videos showing the technique. My theory at the moment is that it was initially an adjustment to timing a BH loop too early. When my coach was feeding me slow balls, I started the loop too early and I'd instinctively adjust to the mistiming by keeping my hips loaded and then meeting the ball with a more forward stroke in a more sudden and explosive movement than a normal BH loop.

The result is more power concentrated on the ball in a shorter period of time. The topsheet of the Rxton 3 is pretty tough and it's a hard sponge, so the result is a more 'clicky' catapult as the ball is absorbed and released from the rubber quicker, though it manages to still generate some spin for a safe enough arc.

When I watch back tape of my BH pratice, I notice these shots come out more against slower blocks. They feel very natural and I can now pull them out at will despite me not being able to describe exactly what I'm doing. It's comforting to know that, despite them starting out as a technical mistake while trying a different technique, that it can be a good weapon in its own right. I also like that there's not much difference in the initial wind up between these shots and a regular BH loop, which is good for consistency and deception.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
How many using this pink rubbers are men/boys? For me, a bit weird to use a pink rubber, at least at the beginning.
I really like the color, and a lot of other guys like it too. maybe its cultural or generational since a lot of older men find it a bit weird or make little jokes about it :ROFLMAO:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
To me it sounds like qc isn't the best. But either way, I would't expect it to be for 10 euros.
Mine seperated almost immediatly and it did have a small hole near the middle of the rubber, going into the sponge. But again for 10 euros I can't complain, using it without booster or with minimal boosting seems to be just fine. I just went all in for 3 layers
I never went all in, in fact I will never do that on rubbers I haven't tested before.
even butterfly rubbers might not stand all in.

This user has no status.
Seems like a lot of people are bubbling. Loki needs to know about this and do a little better
I did tell them. They replied something along the lines of "they were out of stock of that rubber anyway", and 'they were releasing new colours' (so i assume that means revising the entire line of coloured R3 rubbers, and if I want to order some OEM versions, they can use stronger glue.

Make of all that what you will.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I did tell them. They replied something along the lines of "they were out of stock of that rubber anyway", and 'they were releasing new colours' (so i assume that means revising the entire line of coloured R3 rubbers, and if I want to order some OEM versions, they can use stronger glue.

Make of all that what you will.
Probably a production batch.

Reactions: Wakkibatty
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I never went all in, in fact I will never do that on rubbers I haven't tested before.
even butterfly rubbers might not stand all in.
True, though I don't think bty rubbers would react well to booster, I tried it with baby oil with moderate results, but esn rubbers were incredible in comparison.