• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi, is the list of the players from each country available? I just wondering who else is playing. thank you for your help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I aint gonna vote in here..
Because if I would, I would have to vote for Zhang and I hate the fact, that even though Ma Long is the best player, Zhang will have all the titles..
Gosh, not all, Ma Long at least won Pro Tour Grand Finals, yeah :)
Still, no vote from me..

Reactions: LethalForehand
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I aint gonna vote in here..
Because if I would, I would have to vote for Zhang and I hate the fact, that even though Ma Long is the best player, Zhang will have all the titles..
Gosh, not all, Ma Long at least won Pro Tour Grand Finals, yeah :)
Still, no vote from me..
you are absolutely spot on....Michal_Z...couldn't agree more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
i dont mind if jike win the olympic, as long as there is ma long in the way. seriously, being a world and olympic champion without the presence of the best player around is soooo... erm, if i could describe it in 1 word it is soooo zhangjike lol...

on the other hand, i would be cheering for boll. a slight upset to the chinese may be good for the sport :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Too bad Wang Hao isn't in top form lately, looks like the odds are for Zhang Jike and with low probability of upsets

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i dont mind if jike win the olympic, as long as there is ma long in the way. seriously, being a world and olympic champion without the presence of the best player around is soooo... erm, if i could describe it in 1 word it is soooo zhangjike lol...

In fairness to Zhang Jike though, Ma Long was at the World Championships. He was playing great. He destroyed Oh Sang-Eun after struggling with Bojan Tokic. When he faced Wang Hao in the Semi-Finals, he was on FIRE. He was up 2-1 and looked unstoppable. And then Wang Hao used the old-pro gamesmanship on him and slowed the game down, kept Ma Long from launching the first attack, and beat him with brains instead of power.

Zhang Jike beat the guy who beat Ma Long. And when Zhang Jike was up 2-0 and Wang Hao changed the game tactics and tried to do to Jike what he did to Long, Zhang Jike adjusted and took care of Wang Hao.

ZHANG JIKE BEAT THE GUY WHO BEAT MA LONG IN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. You cannot take that away from him. It is true that Zhang Jike has more trouble with Ma Long than he does with Wang Hao, but, it is not Zhang Jike's fault that Ma Long could not figure out how to adjust to Wang Hao's game tactics. They don't just give you tournaments like the World Championships. You have to turn it on and win those.

So hopefully, at the 2013 World Championships we will see what happens in the men's singles event. :) I will be rooting for Fang Bo. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Wang Hao has a good chance, still in awesome form.
ZJ obviously has a good chance, nr1 always has a chance haha ;)
Boll has a good chance i think, he was in good form at the WTTTC and could possibly defeat WH or ZJ.
Jun Mizutani has been really good lately.

Other than those 4, there won't be many that have a real chance imo.
Maybe Dimitrij can do something spectacular? ;)