Looking for an advice for my new bat

This user has no status.
Hi, I am a beginner, I havent really played table tennis, I only played with my Butterfly Addoy C premade which is tearing apart. I wanna buy a new bat so after I do some research I gather a few custom setup for a new bat, but please give me a recommendation for a bat, I dont have too much budget as I am a student but most I can do is 30$, no more. Here is what I found:

Blade: Yinhe N11s
FH rubber: Big Dipper)(recommend a degree and thickness please)
BH rubber: Mercury III EURO(recommend a degree and thickness also)

Please, if you have any suggestion, just tell me. I am sorry if my english is bad.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi, I am a beginner, I havent really played table tennis, I only played with my Butterdly Addoy C premade which is tearing apart. I wanna buy a new bat so after I do some research I gather a few custom setup for a new bat, but please give me a recommendation for a bat, I dont have too much budget as I am a student but most I can do is 30$, no more. Here is what I found:

Please, if you have any suggestion, just tell me. I am sorry if my english is bad.
Get a Sanwei CC. its $11 on Aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804402084506.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

FH rubber BD is a good choice, get 39d hardness with max thickness.
BH rubber, I wouldn't recommend Mercury 3. Maybe Loki T3 or AK47 would be better choice.

Reactions: Hzwthrone
This user has no status.
Get a Sanwei CC. its $11 on Aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804402084506.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

FH rubber BD is a good choice, get 39d hardness with max thickness.
BH rubber, I wouldn't recommend Mercury 3. Maybe Loki T3 or AK47 would be better choice.
Sadly I cannot buy from aliexpress and can only buy from either local e commerce or local store from where I live due to how expensive trying to buy from other country. But Ill try to look into it. Thanks for the advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Sadly I cannot buy from aliexpress and can only buy from either local e commerce or local store from where I live due to how expensive trying to buy from other country. But Ill try to look into it. Thanks for the advice.
You live in Indonesia? Just try buying on Lazada or Shopee or Tokopedia. They should have the same equipment that I said.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
For a beginner and this budget I think a Sanwei - Accumulator S (5-ply wood, allround) and a double pack of Sanwei - T88-III Training or Kokutaku - Blütenkirsche 868 will be really good for you. This will certainly work for a year or two and then you could just change rubbers when you've developed your skills a bit, using the same blade for some more years.

This user has no status.
For a beginner and this budget I think a Sanwei - Accumulator S (5-ply wood, allround) and a double pack of Sanwei - T88-III Training or Kokutaku - Blütenkirsche 868 will be really good for you. This will certainly work for a year or two and then you could just change rubbers when you've developed your skills a bit, using the same blade for some more years.
Alright Ill try to look for it but most store here have the J version instead for the Accumulator.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I agree. Any cheap 5-ply wood blade made by Sanwei or Yinhe would be good. If you can get your hands on them, then black Mercury II medium hardness (I think it is 2.0mm by default) on forehand and red Sanwei T88-III training red (I think it is also 2.0mm by default?) on the backhand side.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
I agree. Any cheap 5-ply wood blade made by Sanwei or Yinhe would be good. If you can get your hands on them, then black Mercury II medium hardness (I think it is 2.0mm by default) on forehand and red Sanwei T88-III training red (I think it is also 2.0mm by default?) on the backhand side.
Should I use a Yinhe N11s then? (Sanwei is a bit hard to find in online store but probably available on some offline stores) and for the rubber I can buy the Mercury II but should the forehand and backhand rubber be different for beginner? Also why you should only use the red Sanwei T88-III rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Should I use a Yinhe N11s then? (Sanwei is a bit hard to find in online store but probably available on some offline stores) and for the rubber I can buy the Mercury II but should the forehand and backhand rubber be different for beginner? Also why you should only use the red Sanwei T88-III rubber?
You gotta get what you can get. If Yinhe N11s is all wood blade with decent speed, then yes, go ahead and get that.

Chinese rubber, it is known that black is more spinny, at least for DHS that is the case. So I am extrapolating that to Yinhe and Sanwei as well.

that's why I am specific that forehand be black Mercury II.

Everyone's forehand and backhand strokes are different. So it is my preference that if you are going to use Chinese rubbers (since they are affordable), then you should start with your forehand and backhand rubbers to be different.

I have both Mercury II and Sanwei T88 Ultraspin (not Sanwei T88 III but I imagine they play similarly).

Mercury II black medium sponge is quite tacky. It is about the same spin as Hurricane 3 but about 80% of the speed. I think it will be very good to develop a good forehand stroke.

T88 III or T88 ultraspin is semi-tacky. Good bounce. Good for developing backhand strokes.

that's the basis of my recommendation.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi, I am a beginner, I havent really played table tennis, I only played with my Butterfly Addoy C premade which is tearing apart. I wanna buy a new bat so after I do some research I gather a few custom setup for a new bat, but please give me a recommendation for a bat, I dont have too much budget as I am a student but most I can do is 30$, no more. Here is what I found:

Butterfly Falcima
Butterfly Rozena on FH & BH

Be Happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Sure. That's a really nice blade as well, and in the same price range as the Accumulator S. To keep the cost lower, I think you should use T88-III or something like it on both sides. It will be really good to begin with. The Kokutaku Blütenkirsche 868 is in the same price range and works as good as the T88-III. Also the 729 Cross General, LOKI Rxton I and Sanwei Ultra Spin could be good options.

Reactions: Hzwthrone and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
Sure. That's a really nice blade as well, and in the same price range as the Accumulator S. To keep the cost lower, I think you should use T88-III or something like it on both sides. It will be really good to begin with. The Kokutaku Blütenkirsche 868 is in the same price range and works as good as the T88-III. Also the 729 Cross General, LOKI Rxton I and Sanwei Ultra Spin could be good options.
Alright, I can easily find both the 868 and Ultra Spin, the 868 is in the same store that sell n11s so they could put it for me, another question (sorry), is it find for beginner to use tensor rubber tho? (868 I think from where I do some researches is a tensor rubber)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Yinhe N11S is a fine beginner blade. I'd get a Sanwei Fextra 7 though for the same price.

Your setup puts you in the $45 range unless you're getting the rubbers for a lot cheaper than usual.

If you want to keep it under $30 you can just go Mercury 2 medium for FH and Mercury 2 soft for BH.

Other options for under $10 rubber that are great for beginners are Rxton 1/3 and Reactor Tornado V5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Alright, I can easily find both the 868 and Ultra Spin, the 868 is in the same store that sell n11s so they could put it for me, another question (sorry), is it find for beginner to use tensor rubber tho? (868 I think from where I do some researches is a tensor rubber)
It's this one I mean, and it's not a tensor rubber.

It has got quite good speed and spin, so perfect for a beginner and not too fast. But Ultra Spin is really good as well.

This user has no status.
The setup you list is over $30. Are you getting any discounts?

I good cheap setup for beginners is the Palio 3 star racket with 2x CJ8000 rubbers. It should be under $30 including any shipping.
I dont have a discount, some brands are cheaper here, on the other hand, some other brand are expensive. Yinhe is one of the cheaper one here.