Marcos Freitas using Marcos Freitas ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Innerforce ALC is by no means a slow blade, it's definitely is as fast as TB ALC in looping. It's why I love innerforce series. You get carbon sweetspot and power with close to all-wood touch and feeling

Oh no, never meant to say IFs are slow. What I meant was that they are slower compared to some other carbon blades and it's great to be able to choose from wide range of good blades.

Reactions: Suga D
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
So many more choices in composite blades now that it's hard to generalize. Funny thing is some of the guys who advised me to avoid carbon blades in late 90s now play with Viscaria after trying mine some ten years later.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Of course things were different with 38 mm balls and speed glue and early carbon blades often felt like you were playing with a piece of glass.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Of course things were different with 38 mm balls and speed glue and early carbon blades often felt like you were playing with a piece of glass.

You make an interesting point. People often ask what made Schlager more potent in the 40+ era with speed glue, and this might be a part of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
How am I meant to do that?

I thought orks, hobbits and dwarfs are from New Zealand too, why not Trolls?
[That was a joke, I'm aware that Trolls have their origin in Norway]
[Emoji6]
Obviously, he is a New Zealander so if you know the table tennis scene, you should be able to chat with him about it. If you don't want to do it, that is fine, but please stop acting like a troll.

Oh shucks, i've first read New Zoolander...
[Emoji15]
i think it's about time to reduce watching crappy movies...

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Consider him vouched for, the mytt account is not related to him at all. He's a junior player from New Zealand and like most developing young players in my homeland there isn't a lot of education around equipment or always good available options. So ease off a little, he's not a troll, he's creating discussion for genuine purposes. If anyone has any issues with that I suggest they leave the thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Consider him vouched for, the mytt account is not related to him at all. He's a junior player from New Zealand and like most developing young players in my homeland there isn't a lot of education around equipment or always good available options. So ease off a little, he's not a troll, he's creating discussion for genuine purposes. If anyone has any issues with that I suggest they leave the thread.

Thanks. As for leaving the thread, I've already done that a couple of times already and won't hesitate to do so if I feel things are becoming unproductive. He is not malicious but he won't win style points with his approach.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Thanks. As for leaving the thread, I've already done that a couple of times already and won't hesitate to do so if I feel things are becoming unproductive. He is not malicious but he won't win style points with his approach.

Nobody is here to earn style points this isn't the X Factor it's a table tennis forum.

Reactions: scoops
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Cool. I had also come pretty close to the conclusion that the name Doraemon being in two forums really IS a coincidence, and a couple of subtle word usages I noticed when I went back on this thread did seem like the Antipodes. I mentioned that to Carl in a pm, who then wrote back to let me know that the ip address was from NZ. That's why I had already let it go. I don't think anyone else was pushing the point either.

Also, kids get extra patience. Now that we know he really is a junior.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Nobody is here to earn style points this isn't the X Factor it's a table tennis forum.

As someone who had complained about people who make negative comments about your videos, yours is an interesting statement to say the least.

In any case, thanks for vouching does him. I agree with Baal.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Matt, thanks for vouching for doraemon. Baal and NextLevel have been a real help in finding former members who have been banned for bad behavior pretending to be a new member.

Sorry to doraemon that some of his posts made them think that might be the case.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: doraemon
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This must mean that in spite of what manufacturers sometimes claim, players don't have all that much Iinput into the design of blades with their name on them . Otherwise the blade would be perfect for them and they would use at least one of them!

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
An interesting question is which players actually use the blades that have their names? I can name Boll and Drinkhal Not sure about many others Ma Long I think.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Jun Mizutani
Liu Shiwen
Tiago Apolonia
Jan Ove Waldner(I think, not sure it counts)
Wang Hao (retired)
Fang Bo
Quadri Aruna
Samsonov (not sure)

Thats a few. But there are so many more players which I can name who do NOT use them :)

This user has no status.
Is clever marketing to get us to buy. Aruna blade is a rossi emotion, identical except handle colour. Apolonia is basically new handle on innerforce ZLC. But we will try it or buy it for sure. Bet there are way more out there that are rebranded from the 38mm 40mm ball era now being sold as something else for poly poo ball hey??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I watched a match the other day from a very recent, as in few weeks, and could clearly see he was still using the Maze, deffo 100%

People need to bear in mind that Maze ALC = Freitas ALC in terms of their wood ply. Their handle shape is also similar (at least in terms of FL)

Maze somewhat retired and it makes sense for butterfly to stop using his name. But there's still a world class player that uses his blade, which for butterfly is a good opportunity to re-brand the blade and able to increase its price. It's purely marketing.

The same thing applies to TBS. You rarely see it being put on ads anymore because timo boll uses TB ALC and ZJK uses viscaria. At the same time, TBS is basically the same blade as those 2 and is cheaper