Who do you think will win the 2015 Men's World Cup?

• Ma Long

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tang Peng

• Gao Ning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Was Dima very bad today? or was ML playing very well?

That's what i'm trying to work out. I generally think Ma Long just doesn't let Dima play. He plays so tactically well whilst being incredibly shot efficient and making no unforced errors!

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
That's what i'm trying to work out. I generally think Ma Long just doesn't let Dima play. He plays so tactically well whilst being incredibly shot efficient and making no unforced errors!
As I wrote before - it is all about serve receive. ma long served all to dimas FH and Dima pushed it high or his flick was to weak and easy to counter.
GO JUN!!!!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
As I wrote before - it is all about serve receive. ma long served all to dimas FH and Dima pushed it high or his flick was to weak and easy to counter.
GO JUN!!!!

Yeah agreed but even when Dima was serving, Ma Long had no problems really with them. Haha yes Jun Mizutani is fantastic to watch I hope we see a 7 setter! :)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Ma Long has decimated Ovtcharov on many occasions. The only really close encounter they had was at the 2009 Danish open which was full 7 sets. In their last 7 matches Ovtcharov has only accumulated 3 sets. I can't see Ovtcharov beating Ma Long in his career the way things currently go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ma Long has decimated Ovtcharov on many occasions. The only really close encounter they had was at the 2009 Danish open which was full 7 sets. In their last 7 matches Ovtcharov has only accumulated 3 sets. I can't see Ovtcharov beating Ma Long in his career the way things currently go.

IF we put aside the obvious technical issues that he has made work at a high level, the problem Dima has is how to find an practice partner that has as much power as Dima does and plays a better short game. Those do not exist outside of CNT.

Reactions: redonix76
its still part of the point so its not a let. thats just the rules

oh really? I didnt know that? :eek: can you tell me which point on ITTF handbook?

2.09.02.04 because the conditions of play are disturbed in a way which could affect the outcome of the rally.

doesn't ball breaking in the middle of the rally disturb and could affect the outcome of the rally? D:

Last edited:
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Congratulations to Dimitrij Ovtcharov the 2015 Bronze Medal Champion at the World Cup defeating Jun Mizutani 4-2!

CRmvZtyWUAImMZC.jpg

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
oh really? I didnt know that? :eek: can you tell me which point on ITTF handbook?
dont think they specifically state it anywhere but the ball is technically still in play even if it breaks upon impact hence still being part of the rally therefore section 2.09.02.04 cant really apply cos thats when the playing conditions are impacted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
the umpire during jun vs fzd is a retard... The ball broke in the middle of rally and he didn't call a let

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

broken ball during a rally should be a let. Some umpires call it some dont. Its a matter of personal judgement
2.09.02.04 because the conditions of play are disturbed in a way which could affect the outcome of the rally.

So if the ball breaks the conditions are disturbed, but the "tricky" thing is if the ball is not completely broken but has undetectable cracks, some points may get affected untill it cracks open. Ovtcharov and mizutani changed 2 balls, that is crap manufacturers should harden them more