New Stiga DNA Hybrid rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Stiga have released Hybrid rubbers in M, H and XH. Looking forward to try the M version (47,5). All aboard the hybrid train.. choooo chooo!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Weird, dont they already have dragon grip?whats the purpose of this

DragonGrip = 55°, Hybrid XH = 52.5°, Hybrid H = 50°, Hybrid M = 47.5°
If we believe the numbers from Stiga then the spin capability is more or less the same but the Hybrids are faster.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
All the hardness numbers aforementioned tell you little or nothing about real catapultive capacity on rubbers. You need the Schob rebound index to get the whole truth.
Be happy.

PS// Reference for your better notion.
- We have a standard instrument to measure the "catapultIve" effect on rubber sheets within a decimal accuracy. SCHOB pendulum weighing 300 grammes is used to imitate normal collision between the table tennis ball and rubber at speed 130 Kmh. Be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
All the hardness numbers aforementioned tell you little or nothing about real catapultive capacity on rubbers. You need the Schob rebound index to get the whole truth.
Be happy.

PS// Reference for your better notion.
- We have a standard instrument to measure the "catapultIve" effect on rubber sheets within a decimal accuracy. SCHOB pendulum weighing 300 grammes is used to imitate normal collision between the table tennis ball and rubber at speed 130 Kmh. Be happy.
wow!
While you have the solution to the whole truth of rubber "catapultIve"effect, why isn't the whole worlds table tennis company and fans coming to beg you to measure rubbers?
or you can start a measuring company and release total fresh content to the world and actually do a big favors to EJs, no?

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Poor, poor pimpsters. No chance for them to play serving of the type. Phisics is a stubborn thjng, the game of table tennis is all about Magnus effect. Poor, poor pimpsters. 🤧

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Stiga DNA dragon grip isnt true tacky. Its grippy. I like the dragon grip... However it has huge flaw which is its durability. Within just 2 to 3 months of 5x a week 1 hr a day use the dragongrip surface is already scuffed up so much its playing properties is imensely different from a fresh sheet.

I hope they solved that durability issue with the hybrids. Otherwise i hope they make it cheaper so people can enjoy it more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I don't think Stiga, back to its days of Stiga Mendo and Mendo energy, is not known for its rubber's long-term durability.

I have tried my friend's Dragon Grip. Yes it is slightly tacky. I don't think I would like that. Not tacky enough for me. And I can see how that tackiness can fade very quickly over a short period of time. I will stick with hurricane on my forehand.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33