Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Patrick, do you think the thinner 1.8 would be a little easier for smashing, driving?

personally when i use tenergy i find i can actually drive better with 1.9 than max on fh, max is too bouncy.

I know they are different rubbers and you can drive with the 2.0mm blue turbo, but i assume this might be a tad better with 1.8?

I think we discussed before that the rubber is so hard it wont bottom out on power loops!!

Given that it is unlikely that any the speed during driving/smashing comes from a sponge catapult effect, I wouldn't be surprised if driving/smashing actually is a little faster with the thinner sponge. I don't know it for sure though.

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
Hi everyone,I joined up this forum to give my two cents input with regards to Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Turbo Blue Sponge or Nitakku H3 blue for sport.I bought this rubber in Jan 2020 as an experiment just to feel how the heaviest and hardest rubber feels ( let us call it EJ disease ).

At first, I could not play this rubber at all as I was never very good back then.Now, in 2021 my skill have improved and I am revisiting this rubber. I have boosted it with Falco Long Tempo and it sits on the FH side of my Butterfly 5 ply wood Primorac blade. The backhand side I am using Friendship Battle 2 provincial blue sponge 38 degree hardness sponge ( also boosted ). The total combined weight of my set up is 213.7g.

Now, after a year, the tackiness is still there and each time I remove the non-sticky plastic protection cover, the cover clings to the surface of the rubber very strongly ( to my delight! ). On top of that, do note that I use the Falco Life Extender on both rubbers once in a while; around four times a year, even when not playing with it regularly. The play frequency may increase as I am get more use to this setup.

As for game play, I must say it is a wonderful combination now. It is a spin monster and is easy to lift underspin. I know it is heavy setup but I love it as it gives me the confidence to power loop from mid distance. The power is there especially when you use proper body mechanics. The ball trajectory is curvy & low. In a nutshell, it is a looping monster now.

NB: I am just a club level player.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Late to the party but wanted to give my 2 cents. Have playing with this rubber for 1.5 years on an Stiga Infinity VPS and Fastarc G1 on BH.

For the better part of the 1.5 years playing with it it was really challenging, but on the plus size I knew that the effort would help me develop the strokes correctly and use my body more when hitting. I noticed because after training most of my partners were sore or tired mostly on the arms and shoulder while my poor knees, legs and hip felt the strain.

Given that I knew I was developing along the lines I wanted. Another thing that is good and bad is that you get better at cardio and burn more calories but at the same time you feel exhausted, specially lifting underspin without stop and looping far from the table.

Since the rubber is so hard and tacky you will also learn when you're not doing the full stroke and the ball goes long or into the net so that's good. Also humidity is terrible for this rubber, sometimes in my club when there's tons of people and you just feel the humidity the rubber simply dies on you.

All in all i do recommend IF you are willing to commit or in my case I had the plan to eventually transition to a carbon blade with H3, I think this rubber on a fast carbon blade wouldn't be a goo idea, specially if you're developing your strokes.

Reactions: Choosikick