Old Stiga OC WRB Value and Advice - with pictures

I got my hands on an old blade in a pretty bad shape, but with some TLC I brought it to a decent condition that you can see in the last image.

A quick search on the forums suggests that this is almost definitely a 1990s Stiga Offensive Classic WRB with Koto outer layer that they don't make anymore. It had "Offensive Classic" written in white rather than the current black. It weights 82g and maybe 5.2 mm thick.

I would like to understand more its value and desirability - I am an enthusiastic intermediate player that recently started playing with a Butterfly Primorac (5-ply wood). What is this model of Stiga best for? Would it make sense to switch to it?
2b7012b012da9c81243fa51dd4012ef9.jpg
346a008edd4f8cf4dc5a0166a340da48.jpg
5656739506b319345abe46bbc46d0ad2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It is damaged already. You will not get much.
I'm not interested to sell it, I'm trying to find out more about it like what exact model it is and if people feel it's superior to the current one.

Yes the old stiga oc's are much better and with more solid feeling then the new ones.
BTW would you consider the old Stiga OC superior to the current Primorac? Would it have more or less vibration? Since I don't have any rubbers to test it with atm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
As I understand it, the old Stiga Offensive Classic was very similar to the Avalox P500, (koto face, spruce medial, ayous core) which is still available. (And the various equivalents, like the Xiom Fuga, many of the DHS Hurricane King variants etc). These are good blades, great touch and speed. The Primorac is more like the current all round Classic (limba outer. limba medial, ayous core cf Limba, ayous, ayous, but the Stiga Off Classic current still has the spruce medial, which differentiates it from the All Classic), still a good blade but quite different.
Personally, I would prefer the koto outer blades, and it is one of the classic blade compositions. Many of the old Chinese top players used it. YMMV, of course.

Reactions: JulianTT
So I slapped some rubbers on it (Friendship 729 and Stiga Mantra M) and took it for a spin today. At 175g it's lighter than the Primorac with similar rubbers (188g). It is significantly faster in spite of being lighter, and louder. Very nice balance, comfortable in the hand, great looping and recovery.

I'm feeling a lot less vibration and feedback compared to the Primorac. Actually it's very comparable with the Palio Energy 03 which has 4 layers of carbon, except the Palio is more (head) heavy. Very intriguing.