Who will win the Pro Tour Grand Finals!?

• Ma Long

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Gao Ning

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Lee Sang Su

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other - Comment below

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Well Ma Lin out as I thought.. :)
I was thinking he will go out in the next round, but Gao Ning made the job earlier, nice..
Ian - question for you: How played Joo against Xu Xin?? Was it Joo playing bad or was it Xu playing supreme??

i think it was both. chinese player can play against chopper. xu xin let him no chance and joo didnt came into his game :p

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
lol another loss for Ma Lin, surely this is the end! Shame about Mizutani, I like watching that kid play

It does look like it. I will not fully count him out, but it is hard to argue with the facts. That is 4 times that he has lost to a much lower ranked player in a fairly short period of time.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
yes but the goal is to show strength. and ma long won 4-0 while the other players had some problems ;) (wang hao, zhang jike)

Yeah, I noticed this too. Ma Long did not look very good even though he won 4-0. In a way it is funny. As if 4-0 is not enough. :) But he was not really playing up to his usual standard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Yeah, I noticed this too. Ma Long did not look very good even though he won 4-0. In a way it is funny. As if 4-0 is not enough. :) But he was not really playing up to his usual standard.

yeah thats true, but i think it looked that way, because oh sang eun is not a real topspin player from behind the table. he often plays in front with hard counters and blocks. and ma long had to handle this ;)

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Ian - question for you: How played Joo against Xu Xin?? Was it Joo playing bad or was it Xu playing supreme??
This match was on the table furthest away from me, so I didn't see much. Whenever I did have a look though, it seemed Xu Xin's forehand was too strong for Joo.

Here's a panoramic photo from where I was sitting.
excel_24nov2011.jpg

I've also scanned the Floor Plan from the programme to give those of you going a heads up.
floorplan.jpg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This match was on the table furthest away from me, so I didn't see much. Whenever I did have a look though, it seemed Xu Xin's forehand was too strong for Joo.

View attachment 895

I've also scanned the Floor Plan from the programme to give those of you going a heads up.
View attachment 896

Amazing panornamic photo! Looks so nice in there. I can't wait now!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

View attachment 895

View attachment 896

Nice. I am jealous of you guys who can get to go watch in person. But I am happy for you that this tournament is in London. It must be a treat.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
hm.. liu guo liang was answering some fans' question on his webblog. Looks like he still not satisfy with wang hao performance, and pointing out that there is some serious issue on Ma Lin in term of skill and mentality.

Well there is definitely something going on for Ma Lin. And I would be willing to bet that a lot of it is mental.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Yea, I think one of the reason is that Ma lin just focus on his webblog (the china's twitter/facebook) too much instead of training lately lol

I remember that when I check it during WTTC, he seldom update it. But these days he just post the update like once or twice everyday.