Short review of Glayzer 09c (don't buy)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Quick review on glayzer 09c to save you time, because it's not worth even talking about it.

It has a very small catapult and very little tackiness.

Spin is very good and throw angle is higher than hurricane 3, maybe matching tenergy 05.

Speed on viscaria is still slow and feeling is like a dampened version of tenergy 80 if it had a harder sponge, so not the best.

Good for developing players, but if you're even slightly advanced, save for the dignics 09c or hybrid k3, you'll save yourself regret from buying this thing.

It's ok for what it is, grip is not as high as I expected and the only thing that gave it bite was the relatively soft topsheet and tackiness, or what's left of it...

Normal glayzer is trash, medium throw angle, ok grip but hard sponge and even harder top sheet. It felt like a chore on both forehand and backhand.

I'm not gonna be playing with them, they're not worth it even compared to 5 month old rubbers.

Do yourself a favour and buy a rozena or bluefire instead, they're a million times better. Even a hurricane 3 neo is faster than these things, even though the 09c is "easier" to play, it's not worth the tradeoff or the price. If they were 20 bucks I'd say whatever because they're not worth anything more.

I agree with most of that but still would recommend it
Setup: H3 39 boosted on FH, G09C unboosted on BH on a heavier 92g Falcima
Pros:
- light: 44g cut in 2.1 mm
- low catapult which I like
- low tackiness but better than no tackiness at all ;)
- short game
- not to reactive to incoming spin
- throw angle is higher than H3 but not too high for me
- topsheet grips the ball very well although that depends a bit on the balls used like with H3.
- enough speed to finish points even with BH
- same with spin. Not on H3 level but I would say at least the same or more than some older ESN rubbers like Vega Pro, G1, MX-S, V>15.

Cons:
- speed and spin only if the stroke is properly executed. Due to the sponge hardness this is far from easy to do when put under pressure in real matches.

Overall I would say: Good hybrid for FH. On BH it depends on playing style and how that rubber behaves boosted. Unboosted too hard and not versatile enough for me but good for training.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I agree with most of that but still would recommend it
Setup: H3 39 boosted on FH, G09C unboosted on BH on a heavier 92g Falcima
Pros:
- light: 44g cut in 2.1 mm
- low catapult which I like
- low tackiness but better than no tackiness at all ;)
- short game
- not to reactive to incoming spin
- throw angle is higher than H3 but not too high for me
- topsheet grips the ball very well although that depends a bit on the balls used like with H3.
- enough speed to finish points even with BH
- same with spin. Not on H3 level but I would say at least the same or more than some older ESN rubbers like Vega Pro, G1, MX-S, V>15.

Cons:
- speed and spin only if the stroke is properly executed. Due to the sponge hardness this is far from easy to do when put under pressure in real matches.

Overall I would say: Good hybrid for FH. On BH it depends on playing style and how that rubber behaves boosted. Unboosted too hard and not versatile enough for me but good for training.
It's an ok rubber, but a bit too expensive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
It's an ok rubber, but a bit too expensive

Depends on how durable it is. Sponge should not be a problem due to its hardness but the topsheet might be.
Glayzer 09C is 44,90€ over here and a Rasanter C53 or C48 64,95€ without discounts (goes down to 48 something when buying 10) and I would definitely choose G09C over these Rasanters on FH (coming from H3).
And as Jackcerry_ already said: boosted G09C is a lot better. Easier to spin, easier to play fast but still very controllable, the short game is still good and it's easier to play further behind the table.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Depends on how durable it is. Sponge should not be a problem due to its hardness but the topsheet might be.
Glayzer 09C is 44,90€ over here and a Rasanter C53 or C48 64,95€ without discounts (goes down to 48 something when buying 10) and I would definitely choose G09C over these Rasanters on FH (coming from H3).
And as Jackcerry_ already said: boosted G09C is a lot better. Easier to spin, easier to play fast but still very controllable, the short game is still good and it's easier to play further behind the table.
The topsheet is durable, but the c53 is a higher level rubber, faster and spinnier. With the donic c2 being the best of the bunch.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Personal preference regarding C2,
My personal thoughts are that there are better out there now.
The c2 is the top of the line regarding esn hybrids, donic made sure of it. It's a nice rubber, I don't think it's better than dignics, but there is a 30€ difference...

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
The c2 is the top of the line regarding esn hybrids, donic made sure of it. It's a nice rubber, I don't think it's better than dignics, but there is a 30€ difference...
C2 must have been released about 4yrs or so ago, so now there are newer Hybrids that may be better.
Xiom China Guang and C2 are very similar, released around the same time, ESN doubling up again!!

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I've put my Glayzer 09C back on FH of my main blade, Viscaria. On BH, Hybrid MK.

The result is simply great. Whenever I make a topspin open/drive I have this sense of grabbing the ball and directioning it wherever I want, which is remarkable. ZGX doesn't have this. ZGX is more powerful though.

DNA Hybrid H is also speedier and spinnier than Glayzer 09C, but the medium-low arc and the insecure hookup make it more difficult to control.

The ratio of control and performance on Glayzer 09C is very high, it really makes sense for intermediate / upper intermediate level (a lot of under 100th position in my country are using it)

Reactions: Lazer
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I've put my Glayzer 09C back on FH of my main blade, Viscaria. On BH, Hybrid MK.

The result is simply great. Whenever I make a topspin open/drive I have this sense of grabbing the ball and directioning it wherever I want, which is remarkable. ZGX doesn't have this. ZGX is more powerful though.

DNA Hybrid H is also speedier and spinnier than Glayzer 09C, but the medium-low arc and the insecure hookup make it more difficult to control.

The ratio of control and performance on Glayzer 09C is very high, it really makes sense for intermediate / upper intermediate level (a lot of under 100th position in my country are using it)
As I've said a million times, it's not a bad rubber. It's a bad rubber for the price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021

Out of topic but... how is the Inner 75 compared to the Viscaria?

Reactions: TT Lover