Short review of Glayzer 09c (don't buy)

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Quick review on glayzer 09c to save you time, because it's not worth even talking about it.

It has a very small catapult and very little tackiness.

Spin is very good and throw angle is higher than hurricane 3, maybe matching tenergy 05.

Speed on viscaria is still slow and feeling is like a dampened version of tenergy 80 if it had a harder sponge, so not the best.

Good for developing players, but if you're even slightly advanced, save for the dignics 09c or hybrid k3, you'll save yourself regret from buying this thing.

It's ok for what it is, grip is not as high as I expected and the only thing that gave it bite was the relatively soft topsheet and tackiness, or what's left of it...

Normal glayzer is trash, medium throw angle, ok grip but hard sponge and even harder top sheet. It felt like a chore on both forehand and backhand.

I'm not gonna be playing with them, they're not worth it even compared to 5 month old rubbers.

Do yourself a favour and buy a rozena or bluefire instead, they're a million times better. Even a hurricane 3 neo is faster than these things, even though the 09c is "easier" to play, it's not worth the tradeoff or the price. If they were 20 bucks I'd say whatever because they're not worth anything more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Quick review on glayzer 09c to save you time, because it's not worth even talking about it.

Spin is very good and throw angle is higher than hurricane 3, maybe matching tenergy 05.

Speed on viscaria is still slow and feeling is like a dampened version of tenergy 80 if it had a harder sponge, so not the best.

Good for developing players, but if you're even slightly advanced, save for the dignics 09c or hybrid k3, you'll save yourself regret from buying this thing.

It's ok for what it is, grip is not as high as I expected and the only thing that gave it bite was the relatively soft topsheet and tackiness, or what's left of it...

Normal glayzer is trash, medium throw angle, ok grip but hard sponge and even harder top sheet. It felt like a chore on both forehand and backhand.

I'm not gonna be playing with them, they're not worth it even compared to 5 month old rubbers.

Do yourself a favour and buy a rozena or bluefire instead, they're a million times better. Even a hurricane 3 neo is faster than these things, even though the 09c is "easier" to play, it's not worth the tradeoff or the price. If they were 20 bucks I'd say whatever because they're not worth anything more.

Thanks for your honest review. Consistent with reviewers on Bilibili. You've saved people money and time.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I had one hit with it and could immediately know this rubber was optimized for loop driving.

Some players like that and this rubber will suit that well.

Some players like me do not make every shot a Pebbles and Bam-Bam BANG-BANG loop drive... some it isn't for players who want to spin first and ask questions later.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A pic for old days sake.

OIP.kfnnWSUIGmfy2neqPtPCGAHaFN

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
I felt these rubber were excellent on a inner carbon blade. Sure it was slower, but it had good consistency and enough speed to finish points.

On an outer carbon blade it was strange. There was a sort of "pop" that you would feel on a pickle ball paddle. Hard to time and activate, but when done properly you can get quality shots by just touching the ball.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I've had the same experience. I bought it after taking off a T05 because I wanted more control but the glayzer09C is really dead compared to anything else I've tried in the club. Even a 2 yr old rubber has more spin.
I found spin to be ok, close to t05, but not much else. It just didn't excel anywhere. It was like a 2nd grade chinese rubber that has a dull japanese feel.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I felt these rubber were excellent on a inner carbon blade. Sure it was slower, but it had good consistency and enough speed to finish points.

On an outer carbon blade it was strange. There was a sort of "pop" that you would feel on a pickle ball paddle. Hard to time and activate, but when done properly you can get quality shots by just touching the ball.
I played them on Stiga Azalea off and Butterfly Viscaris. They were twitchy on Viscaria and sub par on Azalea. They were dull and just din't have anything interesting.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
This is not a great rubber, but with one layer of booster, it becomes somewhat similar to C53. So not too bad if you boost.
I expected it to have some tackiness, but it's just like a very hard jap rubber with a soft topsheet. It's very weird.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Your observation matches with what my more club's advance player observation too. Although, don't ask me about the detail of it as this product is not under my radar hence I only hear briefly their thrash talking about it ( Glyzer ) but not in detailed.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I feel that Glazer has it's place in the BTY line up, it's not even marketed as a 'top end' rubber, if you take 'PAR' as being Dignics 05 / 09C then of course it's going to be considered 'SUB PAR'
It has the same level of tackiness as G09C and many other hybrid rubbers out there.
For the price point, when compared to the BTY line up, the difference in price out weighs the difference in performance.
Sure, it's not the top end, but neither is the price.

Reactions: kindof99 and pilami
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I feel that Glazer has it's place in the BTY line up, it's not even marketed as a 'top end' rubber, if you take 'PAR' as being Dignics 05 / 09C then of course it's going to be considered 'SUB PAR'
It has the same level of tackiness as G09C and many other hybrid rubbers out there.
For the price point, when compared to the BTY line up, the difference in price out weighs the difference in performance.
Sure, it's not the top end, but neither is the price.
Sure but I'd advise anyone to go with something different at that price point, lots of options that are much much better.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Sure but I'd advise anyone to go with something different at that price point, lots of options that are much much better.
At that price point you're not getting any 'Top End' ESN rubbers!!
'Better' depends on the individual!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I learned my lesson when I got burned by Rozena and Aibiss. The only reason Butterfly should get any business if the performance of their rubbers actually merits their price. If they try to sell lower performing rubbers on the strength of the name, only fanboys would happily pay for them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
At that price point you're not getting any 'Top End' ESN rubbers!!
'Better' depends on the individual!!
That is true but considering the discounts ESN products can get. I think a lot of rubbers fall into the same price range. MX-P? 3=4, I could get Victas V>20 for the same price as Rozena which is wild.

Reactions: IB66