Short review of Glayzer 09c (don't buy)

I've put my Glayzer 09C back on FH of my main blade, Viscaria. On BH, Hybrid MK.

The result is simply great. Whenever I make a topspin open/drive I have this sense of grabbing the ball and directioning it wherever I want, which is remarkable. ZGX doesn't have this. ZGX is more powerful though.

DNA Hybrid H is also speedier and spinnier than Glayzer 09C, but the medium-low arc and the insecure hookup make it more difficult to control.

The ratio of control and performance on Glayzer 09C is very high, it really makes sense for intermediate / upper intermediate level (a lot of under 100th position in my country are using it)
I really like G09C as well and normal glazer too.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Fedex78
says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
Out of topic but... how is the Inner 75 compared to the Viscaria?
You might find my extensive review around here...anyway to summarize 75 inner has more dwell and a bit more control but it can't reach the speed and spin of viscaria in high quality shots, also on backhand topspin while 75inner is very very good, Viscaria is simply special.

Reactions: kapahoo
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Out of topic but... how is the Inner 75 compared to the Viscaria?
The sanwei blade? Here's my view, I've played with the v14 pro and my Viscaria.

Viscaria is softer, better more clear feel, better handle, weight and distribution. Viscaria feels a bit slower, but it's not. It feels that way because of the better flexibilty, softness and better feel. It's relatively unresponsive and more controled when you play slow, but when you hit, the carbon kicks in hard. Even so, there's tons of control, again, because it's softer.

Generally chinese Viscaria-like blades are harder because of the lower quality woods they use, hence the price difference.
The inner 75 is completely different because the carbon is around the core, not bellow the surface like the Viscaria.
If you want something closer to the Viscaria, then the Yinhe pro 01 is the closest you can get. Yinhe V14 is also pretty good but has kevlar. Yinhe v14 pro is stiffer and more closely resembles the Timo Boll alc and Spirit. Sanwei 75 pro is the outer version of the one you say, viscaria composition. And the 729 friendship blue carbon is cheaper but also good.

Reactions: kapahoo
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
There is no such thing, like best for everyone. This is not top end rubber, but it’s good if you like to spin everything you can. If you came from springy tensors, that doing half of the work for you - then it’s not gonna suit you. My all time forehand favourite is d09c, but I put two g09c on a Revoldia and its pretty good combination, I could say. Spin levels is high, if you put body into shot, you can hear a clicking sound - and ball speed is also became acceptable for a straight winners. There are plenty of faster rubbers, but g09c doing it work pretty well, it’s not even supposed to be the best - it is okay if you like to brush and spin

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
There is no such thing, like best for everyone. This is not top end rubber, but it’s good if you like to spin everything you can. If you came from springy tensors, that doing half of the work for you - then it’s not gonna suit you. My all time forehand favourite is d09c, but I put two g09c on a Revoldia and its pretty good combination, I could say. Spin levels is high, if you put body into shot, you can hear a clicking sound - and ball speed is also became acceptable for a straight winners. There are plenty of faster rubbers, but g09c doing it work pretty well, it’s not even supposed to be the best - it is okay if you like to brush and spin
I've played with hurricane, Tenergy, rozena, baracuda and everything in between. Glazer sucks.

The only thing that's wrong with Glazer and G09C is the dull feel. Its a great stepping stone towards Dignics...
If You (like me) don't want the speed of Dignics then Glazer is a good option. However I am currently leaning more towards boosted H3.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: SleepyMaster
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
The only thing that's wrong with Glazer and G09C is the dull feel. Its a great stepping stone towards Dignics...
If You (like me) don't want the speed of Dignics then Glazer is a good option. However I am currently leaning more towards boosted H3.

Cheers
L-zr
Yeah, this is a downside, top end rubbers gives much more feedback and better in gentle short strokes, moments when this feedback became very important. But it’s not a top rubber so it’s okay 👌🏻

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I don't like Glayzer 09c at all. I have two sheets and they are not attached to any blades. I mean, yeah, I would even pick Hurricane 3 commercial orange sponge which is not very tacky anymore but you can get a sheet under $20 with bulk buying discount over Glayzer 09c. I think it is the price that turns people off.

I have played with my clubmates' Glayzer regular. I like it on my backhand. But again I would not buy it because for $47 a sheet, I can buy an equally good ESN rubber such as C-1 in the $30 range. For example, C-1 is on the weekly discount list for $31.21 at TT11 right now. I would buy that.

On the other hand, Rozena I actually like. And for $34-$35, I think it is worth it. Rozena also lasts forever!

I personally like Rozena over Tenergy regular and Tenergy fx series. The latter is just too bouncy for me. Come to think about it, Rozena is the only rubber from Butterfly I would use. My table tennis fix can be satisfied by hurricane and a bunch of various ESN rubbers just fine.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I don't like Glayzer 09c at all. I have two sheets and they are not attached to any blades. I mean, yeah, I would even pick Hurricane 3 commercial orange sponge which is not very tacky anymore but you can get a sheet under $20 with bulk buying discount over Glayzer 09c. I think it is the price that turns people off.

I have played with my clubmates' Glayzer regular. I like it on my backhand. But again I would not buy it because for $47 a sheet, I can buy an equally good ESN rubber such as C-1 in the $30 range. For example, C-1 is on the weekly discount list for $31.21 at TT11 right now. I would buy that.

On the other hand, Rozena I actually like. And for $34-$35, I think it is worth it. Rozena also lasts forever!

I personally like Rozena over Tenergy regular and Tenergy fx series. The latter is just too bouncy for me. Come to think about it, Rozena is the only rubber from Butterfly I would use. My table tennis fix can be satisfied by hurricane and a bunch of various ESN rubbers just fine.
I agree with rozena, I love it and has good control. I prefer tenergy 05 and 05fx over it but it's just preference.

But for the price of a rozena or glayzer you can just buy a better esns rubber.

To me glayzer feels like a cheap old rubber and 09c is just a yinhe jupiter without the speed and effectiveness.