Towel problems or a new trick ???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yes, I have seen him do this many times but the idea is to get rid of any possible moisture and ""maybe"" even the very strong factory stickiness but surely NOT to leave half the bloody towel on the rubber surface, right ?
The idea is as you describe to leave have some fluff on the rubber. Not to decrease the stickiness, it's just about decreasing moisture on the surface of the rubber.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The idea is as you describe to leave have some fluff on the rubber. Not to decrease the stickiness, it's just about decreasing moisture on the surface of the rubber.
My personal experience is that when I apply the "towel-trick " to a brand new rubber it definitely will remove the factory stickiness. Just done it to my Rxton9 works fine. But I rather stick a toothpick into my eyeballs than play with a fluffy rubber................🤣

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
It seems to me that such a story may be plausible. After playing with the new rubbers, she felt a lack of speed and decided to reduce the stickiness with a towel, as Ma Long does, but she came across a very soft and delicate towel with thin threads, which played this cruel joke on her.

Reactions: lodro