Towel problems or a new trick ???

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
First observed on ShaSha's rubber but today also on MaLongs , why do they not
clean the towel-bits off the rubber ???
Is it done deliberately to get rid of excess sticky ???
Are these brand new towels that give off fluff that can not be removed easy ????
Would we take on this new technique ???

IMG20231102124711.jpg

IMG20231105105154.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Are these brand new towels that give off fluff that can not be removed easy ????

View attachment 27271

View attachment 27272
The new hurricanes I have been purchasing on the market are not that tacky. Do they have the special super tacky hurricanes?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The new hurricanes I have been purchasing on the market are not that tacky. Do they have the special super tacky hurricanes?
We will never ever know what the top of the world players have. Being ranked first in the world or close to it, we have to assume that the sponsor will make the rubbers exactly to the players liking. I have seen MaLong many times patting the rubbers with a towel, maybe to dry them , or to clean them or to take away some of the stickiness but i have never seen half the bleedn towel remaining on the rubber.
The mystery remains. :LOL:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Interesting speculation !!

Our local seller just posted his latest sale of two Star versions of H3. $120USD per sheet 😱

He said it’s more tacky than National but who knows!! Could be a sales tactic

Attachments

• 29379053-6E34-4E70-BB18-6AE6641C48AF.jpeg
    29379053-6E34-4E70-BB18-6AE6641C48AF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 7299A21F-E58C-42CB-A6D4-AB9619F0CB5B.jpeg
    7299A21F-E58C-42CB-A6D4-AB9619F0CB5B.jpeg
    973.1 KB · Views: 24
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Interesting speculation !!

Our local seller just posted his latest sale of two Star versions of H3. $120USD per sheet 😱

He said it’s more tacky than National but who knows!! Could be a sales tactic
ask the seller if you could try to put a nice fresh towel on it. If again half the towel remains on the rubber , it will be at least as sticky as the ones the world top players are using 😂

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews

View attachment 27271

View attachment 27272
I think that modern cameras are so good that in certain light those ultramegahd cameras picks up the dust on top of the rubber. So business as usual.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

View attachment 27271

View attachment 27272
It's against humidity.

Reactions: Lazer
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Have you noticed the size of Ma Long towel? He can go to the beach with that thing. I'm not surprised there is lint all over the place.
Indeed, one would think that with so much experience they would bring their own towels that have been washed multiple times so that they don't give off fluff anymore.
And see, now they both lost 😩

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
we all know what humidity does to H3. I lost a match yesterday in the club where the ball and the rubber were unplayable due to high humidity

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Judging by her results, this “trick” not only did not help her, but also hindered her. This is reminds me more of an indifferent and negligent attitude towards one’s inventory.
Agreed ! They both would have seen the towel residue on the black rubber but I do not know if they decided to live with it or if there would have been a possibility to go for the replacement blade and if of course the referee would have allowed it.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
we all know what humidity does to H3. I lost a match yesterday in the club where the ball and the rubber were unplayable due to high humidity
That is indeed true, it is like playing with the protective plastic still on the rubber and that is why they use the ""towel-trick". If I use an old towel this works fine but of course a brand new one will leave the fluff allover the rubber QED 😂