Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hello everybody, i just registerd on this website. I really love the information about the Chinese team. So keep up the good work Dan!!
Also I have few questions for you.

- Can the players chose with who the will practise?
- Who decides what exercises they need to do, is there anything for themselves to chose?
- How is athmosphere during the matches? It's like real match?

Lucky boy, enjoy the nice time there!

Hey Boris welcome to the site! :)

Nice questions there :) I think Liu Guoliang and the coaching team already have planned who practices with who. They also had a team talk at the beginning of each practice, this probably included what practice was going to commence. Once a player was with someone, they didn't change much. They would practice with one another for an hour or so.

During the afternoon multi ball sessions, the players with the coaches had exercises set from the coaches. However, players who were feeding one another it looked like they set their own drills. I think they often kept a similar pattern tho. You will see in videos I upload, it's just taking time to upload them all atm :)

The matches are actually pretty intense indeed. Zhang Jike hit his bat on the table at one point in frustration. Lots of players were choing and celebrating.

This is a great thread thank you. Must be great to be there.
I would love to see more of Ma Lin.

Everyone please don't quote the whole messages with lots of pictures, it only makes the thread slower to load and read.

I have upgraded the site server and the attachment system is now cached so things should run so much faster now :)

I really wonder how other teams are getting prepared, Germany, Japan? haha, but Chen Weixing has safe place at WSA as I see in pics :)

Great question, I would love to know this to!

Hi again Dan. Really interesting to see how they prepare.

What is it they put on the table when doing service training? Is it just pieces of A4 paper?
Is there any evidence of working on their technique, or are they at a level where their technique is taken for granted and it is just about tuning up etc?
Do they use any video analysis ?
Have you infiltrated the team yet ? HaHa

JB

Hey John :) The serve practice, yes they use A4 sheets of paper. The players have a target and they have to serve and hit it. Very interesting actually isn't it :) Yeah they do have technical work. Often Liu would go up to a player and tell him what to do... whether it was to twist more, use wrist etc. They are at a level now where I think it's just the very small things that they work on.

They didn't use any video analysis,, but their welcome to use my videos hehe :)

Hahaha I like so much Chen Weixing standing like a boss there, he really fits into CNT, which is so good team that I can't beliave it anymore. This is amazing and thank you TTD for sharing so much, keep up the good work

No worries Dan, thanks for following, posting and getting involved :)

Who's that man against the wall? xD

That is Donn Olsen WiWa, he is a journalist and writes articles for the ITTF. He is a really nice man, a table tennis coach to. He wrote the ITTF articles for the China Training at the WSA. Great to see ITTF credit TableTennisDaily's videos to in his articles! :) http://ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=31402&Competition_ID=2190&

Great videos Dan!

Thanks Tom dude!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Latest video! I found this very impressive! Check out Ma Long using his left hand! I was watching this live and was so intrigued I forgot to film the start! Enjoy! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I am feeling the same way as Bollforte94!
Watching Ma Long pratice for the wttc is a priceless experience for me.
Thank you so much for informing us about the Team and especially Ma Long!
I am particularly intrested in Ma Long new Blade. Is it possible to get a close view of it?
In the video in WTCC 2013 topic from another forum member with Ma Long training you can clearly see at around 5:10 to 5: 30 that he is training with a blade with PG-ish handle so most likely back to 506 ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Dan, Do you know when they will left Austria, seems tomorrow the 10th...with which flight, or when they will arrive at Paris ? Maybe very nice information for fans who wants to wish them welcome at the Parisian airport :)

Thanks for all these great videos ! Maybe Ma Long will use left hand for the WTTC ;)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Immense! Have you finished there now dan, has the chinese team left for Paris?

I have finished their ripper yes, China team leave for Paris this Friday! How cool is the worlds going to be! :)

Every 2 hours they change balls right? Can I have the used balls? it would last for days for training lol.

I'm not 100% sure this is true now, we got confused on our first day. They changed balls during multi ball. What happened is this. They use Butterfly 3 stars during normal practice, and then when they do multi ball practice they swap balls to DHS 2 star :)

Dan, Do you know when they will left Austria, seems tomorrow the 10th...with which flight, or when they will arrive at Paris ? Maybe very nice information for fans who wants to wish them welcome at the Parisian airport :)

Thanks for all these great videos ! Maybe Ma Long will use left hand for the WTTC ;)

Hey buddy, they leave WSA on Friday, I have emailed the manager and will found out what time they arrive if he knows :)

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
NEW!

Ma Long's devastating forehand topspin and flick against a backspin ball! Enjoy this one guys.

You can really see how deceptive his forehand is in terms of placement and variety of speed and spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I wish I have multi balls too. I am not rich to buy multi balls and I cannot afford to pay clubs for me to experience proper training. I wish to have many balls :0