TTX is what the 4th August is all about - the new revolution of table tennis!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Just read the rules and it said winner keeps serving. With a time limit of 2 minutes per set and win as many point as you can, I don't think that is a good idea. It is better to let the loser serve so they can stop any time wasting by the winner. Who wants the other side to catch up if you are in the lead?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
There's also a rule that referees can banish players for time wasting. Okay, not banish but pretty close. We wrote an article on the rules for those who are interested - sign up at http://arghk.com and I will send through.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Just read the rules and it said winner keeps serving. With a time limit of 2 minutes per set and win as many point as you can, I don't think that is a good idea. It is better to let the loser serve so they can stop any time wasting by the winner. Who wants the other side to catch up if you are in the lead?
Referees (I guess in official matches) can deduct points from timewasters - any number of points. In unofficial matches I'm not sure how that will be policed but it's a good deterrent...

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
How to play TTX - Poster via ITTF

ttxnewtabletennis.jpg

How many of you play Horseshoes? Didn't think so...

Sports will come and then they'll fade away. Some are fads, some take a foothold.

This appears to be just a branding, speeding-up TT and calling it an 'extreme' sport. Just that word ('extreme') conjures up the vision of being fast and wild. If it picks up, it will be in the US and Europe because it's a faster paced society as opposed to traditional societies like Asia, Africa, Middle East.

Just like having a hardbat player come to your club, you would embrace them for playing correct? This could grow TT for the younger generation.

If the ITTF wanted to provide me with 'seed money' I'd be glad to start a few school programs in Virginia (USA) and work with Der-Echte....

Reactions: Der_Echte
In addition, this (TTX) is no different than all the regular TT product advertising. Name your brand and look at the whizz-bang infomercials (and production costs) ! Does the infomercial really make you a professional if you buy that rubber/blade? Really?

Bottom line: looks flashy, may have appeal, but will it bring in the players? Only time will tell.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
No rules on how to serve? Does that mean I can stand right next to net and just serve overhead like in tennis and not have to worry about the ball hitting my side? #freestyleserve :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
No rules on how to serve? Does that mean I can stand right next to net and just serve overhead like in tennis and not have to worry about the ball hitting my side? #freestyleserve :D

No, that rule is still there, but apparently everything else is OK: over the table, hiding serve, no toss, serve while opponent is not ready etc. It's 'Extreme' !!!!!

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
What's all the fuss about? Table tennis still exists, will always exist. TTX is a completely different sport and from what we can gather - it is not for the purist / nothing should ever change table tennis players. TTX is for a generation or a player base that currently has no farghking interest whatsoever in table tennis. I know what those people are talking about because I love table tennis but when I go to my local club I come away from it thinking, WTF. If TTX has more atmosphere more excitement (and yes, agreed, table tennis can be very exciting too), it will create appeal for a new generation and type of player. More players. More competition. More money behind the sport. More success. More interest from different countries. These are good things for table tennis.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
@Arghk

Please tell us more about your WTF experience at your local TT club (care to name it?). Given that your account appeared on every TT forum on the day of TTX release and you are the only vocal promoter of TTX I've seen so far - are you paid to do this? You were asked that same question by few people on TTD, but you avoided it there. Anything else we all should know?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
@Arghk

Please tell us more about your WTF experience at your local TT club (care to name it?). Given that your account appeared on every TT forum on the day of TTX release and you are the only vocal promoter of TTX I've seen so far - are you paid to do this? You were asked that same question by few people on TTD, but you avoided it there. Anything else we all should know?

Haha. Shrill ALERT !!!

Haha, Der_Echte is a Nexy Shrill, but you already knew me and my ways well before I got with Nexy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Haha. Shrill ALERT !!!

Haha, Der_Echte is a Nexy Shrill, but you already knew me and my ways well before I got with Nexy.

Shill, Der_Echte, shill is the proper word. :)

Although Shrill Nexy 'Shill' does have a nice sound about it. But, your affiliation is prominently listed in your signature, so no ambiguity there.

When are you in Boston next time? We still need to have a match you proposed couple of months ago.