What should I buy??

This user has no status.
My friend is playing Andro Super Core Cell Off+ + Hurricane II and Airoc S and he's been only playing 2 weeks lol. Is it a fast rubber right??

Yeh thats fast but thats just not a smart thing to do. He will have a hard time learning the technique right. You have to make sure your technique is good before you go with these fast rubbers. Also when learning the technique its better to get softer rubbers.

Like in my club players will start with some premade Joola bat to just learn the basics and learn how to keep the ball on the table.

When their out of the beginning group they get their first custom bat. Just a cheap allround blade with Donic Twingo rubbers on both sides.

Once the rubbers are worn out they will get Mark V on both sides and if they have a good forehand technique already they will get Sriver FX on theirforehand.

Once these are worn out they look at how good the player is. So if he/she has good technique on forehand and backhand they will get Andro Impuls Speed on both sides as their first tensor rubber. This rubber is very soft but and has a big catapult effect but is easy to control.

So once they are done with that they will get Andro Impuls Powersponge on both sides.

And when they are done with that they get to test and chose the rubber they like the most. So most people chose for Hexer, Hexer HD, Rasant or Bluefire M2/JP 02 on their forehand and stick with Impulse Powersponge on the backhand.

This is how players develop in our club.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah okay. I have not played with it myself so I don't know. Just what I have heard from people around on tournaments and stuff. Doesn't know any pros that plays with it also.

Just saw the video about rasant, that was laughable. Hopefully it can be a alternative to T05. Would like to have some quality rubbers for less money than Tenergy. I play with Hurricane and Airoc which I think is perfect for my style of play and worth the money.

HWATT in Melbourne, Australia is sponsored by Andro and all the top sponsored players there uses Rasant.
Yes, you are very mis-imformed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello guys,

I'm going to buy my first table tennis blade and I need a bit of help. I'm an agressive player but I really like powerful topspin or effects in
the serve. What do you recommend for me??
I was thinking to buy Madera Andro Super Core Cell Off+ with DONIC Bluefire M1 Turbo in the forehand and DONIC Bluefire JP 01 Turbo in
the backhand, but I'm not completely sure and I don't want to do a bad buy.

Please give me your opinion. Is this blade too quick?? Will it give me spin, effect and powerful attacks?? I need your help please.

As many people have already pointed out, I see this is common with new players.
They think buying the fastest equipment will give you spin, effect and powerful attack.

Sadly, this is not a racing car game - the fastest engine wins you the race.

Slow down to a control setup and learn what is spin, effect and powerful attack.
Once you are able to tame that setup and do all wonders with it (normally 1/3 to 1/5 of the cost of the crazy fast setup), then you can start moving 1 level or 2 up.

PS - not even the top pros in the world use crazy fast setup as what you had in mind.
These "fast" is just marketing and comes with a high price tag. Don't fall for the bait, especially your skills (assuming you are a new player) is not any way close yet.

My recommendation
Blade - any wood only, 5ply blade, maybe 7ply - at most. So basically ALL to OFF wood blade
Rubber - you can go for more controled ESN type rubber. I like the Xiom Vega series based on performance vs price. Some would say this is still too fast for beginners. Then go for Chinese brand - Euro style rubbers like Yinhe Moon/Moon Speed, which is very cheap, and you can upgrade to Tensor/ESN rubber after 6 months of play.

Maybe after 1 to 2 years of play (with coaching), you can go for your OFF+ blade plus those Turbo rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeh thats fast but thats just not a smart thing to do. He will have a hard time learning the technique right. You have to make sure your technique is good before you go with these fast rubbers. Also when learning the technique its better to get softer rubbers.

Like in my club players will start with some premade Joola bat to just learn the basics and learn how to keep the ball on the table.

When their out of the beginning group they get their first custom bat. Just a cheap allround blade with Donic Twingo rubbers on both sides.

Once the rubbers are worn out they will get Mark V on both sides and if they have a good forehand technique already they will get Sriver FX on theirforehand.

Once these are worn out they look at how good the player is. So if he/she has good technique on forehand and backhand they will get Andro Impuls Speed on both sides as their first tensor rubber. This rubber is very soft but and has a big catapult effect but is easy to control.

So once they are done with that they will get Andro Impuls Powersponge on both sides.

And when they are done with that they get to test and chose the rubber they like the most. So most people chose for Hexer, Hexer HD, Rasant or Bluefire M2/JP 02 on their forehand and stick with Impulse Powersponge on the backhand.

This is how players develop in our club.

One of my students - before being my actual student ask me my opnion for his "first setup".
He wanted to buy a BTY JM blade with 2 x Tenergy 05 2.1mm.
His playing age is 3 to 6 months with no coaching.

I told him, don't waste your money on a $300+ setup.
Go for a $80 setup and learn technique first.

A year later, he joined my academy, and onto his 3 setup already.
Basically he went from OFF++++++ to OFF++++ to OFF++ and when he came to me, I told him to go even slower.
His technique improved and now he is able to use something faster.

All I can say is, some people must trust the coaches opnion. Especially an ethical one (as i'm not looking to sell the fastest - aka most expensive setup to my students and then they require 5 times the amount of time to learn TT -aka more coaching income lol, on top of the high invoice value setup)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A player new to the game (Agree with Tony) is wasting hiz money throwing it at the big name, big ad, high priced stuff.

Get a reasonable priced blade and rubbers SUITABLE for the desired playing style and call it a day.

A new player simply isn't going to learn the game by himself to an advanced level any time soon. An expensive as all letout bat or a cheeper one will (if the player is not getting coaching) still get a player to the same place. Lack of coaching and on the spot correction will not correct poor or ineffective technique and tactics. A faster bat (or even a SLOWER one) will not fix a player's inability to read spin, anticipate, have a good stance, bend the knees, use effective movement, use good balance and recovery, knowing when and how to strike the ball... You see where I am going with this?

The pundits recommend a slowish 5 ply wood blade with thin sponged control rubbers to learn the game. These pundits say that the reasoning is that it is tried and true, it forces the player to "hit through" the ball to create pace instead of being lazy and use the bat's overall fast rating to more lazily create pace.

On a level, the pace creating and striking the ball thing is right, but a player on their own without effective coaching will not learn the things I described above very quickly, if EVER, without a coach or someone who knows what they are doing next to them showing them what they did wrong and how to fix it. That is coaching anyway.

The problem with the OFF+ bats is that is mighty difficult to get the timing and feel right for learning how to topspin the ball without crush smashing through the ball. Many situations, one needs to control topspin or heavy slow/medium topspin the ball to create the chance to go ballistic on the next ball. An OFF+ blade with the fastest low throw rubbers does not exactly facilitate that. That is where I agree with and also depart from pundits' thinking.

Pundits say you need a slow setup and coaching. Of course that will work to get a player to a higher level, it has worked for eons, but it is NOT the only effective way.

Even with a ridiculous fast OFF++ bat, a player can learn the game and move up in level. Korean coaches allow or have their new players buy some of the fastest and most expensive stuff on the planet. Why? The Koreans believe in hitting through the ball and will have their players do brutal (Tony will tell you) multiball drills, and later single ball drills. The coaches will have many new players do endless shadow stroke practice in front of mirrors (ALL Korean clubs have HUGE mirrors) and the coaches are huge into correcting the flaws. They start out with the FH drive and the new players stay with that stroke forever before learning different topspins (if they ever pass coach's tough standards first) (like 500 FH drives high speed close to table) This system also works.

That is why I depart from pundits, because I know there is more than one way to skin a cat, yet I agree with much pundit thinking in that certain things are pretty much set and have to be reckoned with to play TT successful... like stance, balance, footwork, timing, how to use the body. You got to get these things down effective in order to play at a decent level.

An OFF+ bat or a DEF speed bat without coaching will get you pretty much to the same place... no very far, unless you got all your life or you are one in a million.

A blade in the All+ to OFF- or low OFF range with a control rubber for a player aspiring to be a flexible offensive player gives him or her the equipment suitable to learn and excel at that playing style. Combined with coaching, it will work.

Whether it is a $200 USD name brand job or one of my "Der_Echte Special" or a "Monster Modified 896" or an Allround Evolution or WHATEVER... Anything in the range of ALL+ to Low end OFF with modern (or old school) control rubbers is a sweet spot to learn the sport.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for the Andro Rasant, on the right blade, it is a fast powerful rubber with spin. It felt average to me on a BTY composite blade, but on the 896 ALL+ it was a counter-topspin monster beast.

I believe that Aussie club has its pro tell their players to play with an ALL+ blade & Rasant. Not a bad setup at all for an OFF game.

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Guys please

729 original rubbers
Galaxy 896

Eacheng 4ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I see! Yeah, I can totally agree with you on that Tenergy is way to expensive. In my experience, they don't last to long either. I used to play with tenergy for a while but I had to change like every 2-4 weeks. But they are good rubbers nevertheless.

I see that you play with Andro Rasant. Have you played it on the new poly ball? What is your experience? I have heard that Rasant is like the biggest flop rubber of 2014. But perhaps I have been miss informed?

The biggest flop rubber of 2014 I think is to exaggerate, I however must say I got a bit disappointed when i tried it with the poly ball, didn't get the touch i wanted and I felt a lack of spin. It was my teammates racket and he agreed with me. Nice to see that some are satisfied with Rasant, I am unfortunately not one of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
just beware, because a blade says off+ it doesn't mean anything.
I have an "andro csv off+" and it's not that fast.
actually it's slower than butterfly alc blades which butterfly says are off.
I'm sure super core off+ follows the same pattern because of number of plies (5) and weight (less than 85g).

tenergy, bluefire, rasant, evolution
are all competitors aiming to the same type of market/player so really it's up to you, you can have similar game with any of these.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 4 reviews
I recommend Stiga clipper Cr as a blade because it is light and suitable for an all round attacker.One of the two trainers in our club used it when he was palying in national tournaments of greece and it is still fine so it seems it has good durability.As for the rubber donic bluefire m1 is a great choice as it has good spin and control.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You dug this post up from the grave.... why...

NextLevel is right. You guys should not waste time posting here. This thread died a year ago and the original poster most likely got a racket about when the thread was done. Why give the guy blade and rubber recommendations when he undoubtedly is no longer needing them and may not even be reading info on the forum actively at this point.

This thread should remain dead. There was no need for waking the dead here.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
For your first blade try and maintain a good balance, something in the off- range or an off allwood blade. You could try a Stiga Rosewood NCT V or a Stiga Clipper and pair it with some faster rubbers.

The bluefire M1 turbo is quite firm, it can generate good speed but some players don't like the feeling too much, would suggest something like Donic Acuda S2 which is a touch softer and focuses more on speed through spin.