Which cleaner do you like?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I was just browsing rubber cleaners. I never realized that cleaners were so cheap. I imagined them being much more expensive, like $20 a bottle. but $5 seems really cheap.

Which cleaner do you use or which do you like best?

The Yasaka cleaning is $4.36 and Neottec is $3.18. These prices surprised me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
ITTF rules allow only water.

This is not the reason why I only use water to clean my rubbers ,I do it because that is all it really needs.
Yep, but I already have 2 bottles which I paid for so I have to use them up lol. After that though I'll just keep the spray bottles and replace them with filtered water.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
My favorite cleaner is demineralized water in a small spray bottle.

Most cleaners are so cheap because they're just water with a little soap, the soap is completely unnecessary and actually wears out your rubber faster.

I do use the Rev3 Rejuvenator once in a great while to restore some grip or tack, especially on tacky rubbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My favorite cleaner is demineralized water in a small spray bottle.

Most cleaners are so cheap because they're just water with a little soap, the soap is completely unnecessary and actually wears out your rubber faster.

I do use the Rev3 Rejuvenator once in a great while to restore some grip or tack, especially on tacky rubbers.
Oh really? I was thinking of getting the Neottec cleaner, but do you think its even worth it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Water is OK for most uses but it doesn't cut the oily sweat from your hand. A little soap will cut the oils. Paraffin oil is a good cleaner too and it dries rapidly and doesn't leave a residue like soap may. I don't use paraffin oil for boosting. I don't boost.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Water is OK for most uses but it doesn't cut the oily sweat from your hand. A little soap will cut the oils. Paraffin oil is a good cleaner too and it dries rapidly and doesn't leave a residue like soap may. I don't use paraffin oil for boosting. I don't boost.
Methods for making the skin less oily
  1. Cleansing regularly. ...
  2. Limiting alcohol use. ...
  3. Using salicylic acid products. ...
  4. Using blotting papers or medicated pads. ...
  5. Moisturizing regularly. ...
  6. Making a facial mask. ...
  7. Using products with green tea. ...
  8. Making dietary changes.
More items...

• Love
Reactions: thomas.pong

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have the Butterfly "Spin Refresh" (Amazon), I'm not sure I like completely, I'll try to explain why.
I normally use just water after a session at my club.
Every month or so I use the Spin Refresh (it's a foam) and what I noticed is that when it dries it leaves a thin layer of "something" on the rubber that is actually detrimental to grip. But! If you then clean the rubber again with just water and remove this thin layer then the rubber looks "rejuvenated" and grip is restored, or so it seems. 🤷‍♂️

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Water is good and I've used it for ages, but for a year back I use the TT Revolution Cleaner, and I feel that it give my rubbers a little better grip than using only water. Now I sell these in my store, so feel free to trust me or not :) but I feel that this one might be about 5% better than water, and I haven't noticed that the rubber wears out faster either.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Or use soap on your hands before cleaning your rubbers with water.

Reactions: lodro
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Water is good and I've used it for ages, but for a year back I use the TT Revolution Cleaner, and I feel that it give my rubbers a little better grip than using only water. Now I sell these in my store, so feel free to trust me or not :) but I feel that this one might be about 5% better than water, and I haven't noticed that the rubber wears out faster either.
Hey, what's your store's link!!?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I have the Butterfly "Spin Refresh" (Amazon), I'm not sure I like completely, I'll try to explain why.
I normally use just water after a session at my club.
Every month or so I use the Spin Refresh (it's a foam) and what I noticed is that when it dries it leaves a thin layer of "something" on the rubber that is actually detrimental to grip. But! If you then clean the rubber again with just water and remove this thin layer then the rubber looks "rejuvenated" and grip is restored, or so it seems. 🤷‍♂️
Do you wipe the foam away with the dense foam side?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
yes, but the rubbers remain still a little wet
I use the inside of my lower arm to wipe the rubbers clean after the wash. It is , I admit , a bit of a performance. 😂 I hold the grip of the blade with a towel that I throw over the arm that holds the blade then I wipe the water off the rubber with the underside of my other arm , wiping excess water off on the towel.
WHAT !!! You want a video 🤣........ain't gona happen
🤣🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Methods for making the skin less oily
  1. Cleansing regularly. ...
  2. Limiting alcohol use. ...
  3. Using salicylic acid products. ...
  4. Using blotting papers or medicated pads. ...
  5. Moisturizing regularly. ...
  6. Making a facial mask. ...
  7. Using products with green tea. ...
  8. Making dietary changes.
More items...
Sweat is oily. It is also corrosive. We make a product that has a brushed aluminum case. It is very pretty out of the box. Our in house assembly people use white cloves. Some of the older units we have used for demos or come back for repairs have clear finger prints on the aluminum. I am sure sweat doesn't do the rubber any good.

I have relatively dry fingers/hands but I do get sweaty if I am working/playing hard. When playing TT, cleaning using sweat may be all we have but once play is over, the sweat must be cleaned off.

Also, when I got camping it is often hot. One time I went camping and it got to 115 degree F. I used water spray bottles and fans to keep cool. I would often clean and cool myself with rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol is great during a heat wave or when temperatures are too hot. Rubbing alcohol will clean rubbers to but I doubt it good for the rubbers in the long run. Paraffin/lamp oil seems to be good. I have lots of paraffin oil for cleaning rubbers and in case of emergencies for lighting and heat.