Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2013?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 76 37.4%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Chuang CHih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Was in Bercy yesterday and today, and somehow got surprised by what seemed to be a lack of interest/support for chinese players... Typically, hardly anybody seemed to follow the game between Li XX and Chen Meng... (ok maybe for this one also because it was china against china). Still I can't help wondering if it could be because people enjoy more balanced games, or to some extent because of a too rigorous playing style (sticking to the table and """just being faster""" than then opponent for quite a few let's say...) or anything else (including the mere fact that I simply could be over enthusiastic about chinese players -_-)

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Wow, I really loved Kreanga at this years worlds! His attitude is inspiring!

So many amazing matches I can't keep up! :) Looking forward to tomorrow's matches!

Reactions: Rhydian
Administrator
Oct 2010
The WTTC is definitely the biggest event TTD has ever covered! Today we just hit a staggering 6000 unique visitors for the very first time!

Reactions: WiWa and orlando

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I hate to say this, but if Zhang keeps the form he went into against Zhendong, noone will beat him.
Not even Xu Xin or Ma Long..

Was he that good? I missed his match. He seems to really perform in the big events. Ma Long was in godly form today to! If the WTTC final is between Ma Long and Zhang Jike, the world will come to a stand still!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Seems like everyone has forgotten Wang Hao at the moment. Looks like he only use half of his skill to beat Alamiyan comfortably. I wish to see him go further this time.

BTW the move of Xu Xin using a totally unfamiliar new blade in a big event like this is simply BOLD. Go for it world number 1 :cool: !!!!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
he looks great, as usual :) but he hasn't faced any """serious""" opponent so far (with all due respect of course) so it's hard to say

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
koki will try to copy kenta to win against a chinese

althought yan an is more favorable to win against ccy, but i think ccy got a chance this time because yan an is going to be very pressured

i think samsonov has higher chances of winning against kenta because kenta's style is better against penholders, not shakehand.

timo would most probably win against seiya..

xu xin against freitas... well haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Was he that good? I missed his match. He seems to really perform in the big events. Ma Long was in godly form today to! If the WTTC final is between Ma Long and Zhang Jike, the world will come to a stand still!

The problem of Zhang Jike is the motivation in small events and the early stages in big events. Now he seems to be enough motivated to do his best.
The Ma Long problem is actually the opposite - "overmotivation". He was so upset that he didn't participate in the Olympics singles so now he wants to win every event. The overmotivation can make him problems like in the Kuwait open final.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The problem of Zhang Jike is the motivation in small events and the early stages in big events. Now he seems to be enough motivated to do his best.
The Ma Long problem is actually the opposite - "overmotivation". He was so upset that he didn't participate in the Olympics singles so now he wants to win every event. The overmotivation can make him problems like in the Kuwait open final.

I was thinking the exact same thing! He may have to much burning desire to win. I am sure he will win the worlds this year, he has to. He will be the best player ever to not have won a major :)