Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
fans in China on Weibo call Boll "the 1st Prince"aka"the Big Prince"[emoji6]

They consider cross-country doubles as peace-making "marriage".[emoji57]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Does anyone know why Eurosport are not bothering to cover this event? They always used to support and show the World Championships. It's a massive disappointment.

Also, I'm curious to know what European countries are broadcasting this event on their normal TV channels? I guess Germany and France will have it covered. Any others?

Watch the Liebherr 2017 World Table Tennis Championship - International Table Tennis Federation
http://www.ittf.com/2017-wttc-tv/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
fans in China on Weibo call Boll "the 1st Prince"aka"the Big Prince"[emoji6]

They consider cross-country doubles as peace-making "marriage".[emoji57]

Does anyone realize that China has NOT fielded any full indigenous pair of XD, just crossed-country ones, in the WTTC? And this already happened at least since two years ago (to my remembrance). Thing is still better in MD, aside from a crossed-country pair, China also fields own full pair.

Anyone knows the story behind this lack of full XD? Avoiding the clean sweep comes into my head immediately, max attainable result is 4.5 :D 0.5 discount!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Jeoung Yongsik and Kenta both lost. A bit of a surprise.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

Yes both outcomes are some kind of upsets!

So Kenta lost that R128 match eventually... watched the early sets 2-2 before switching eyes to other match then forgot to check its result. Daniel was quite aggressive in that match, more often he took initiatives to attack Kenta, no wonder he won.

49 MATSUDAIRA Kenta JPN
17:00 - 31/5/2017 Table 3 H Hhttp://dr.ittf.com/mobile/#/scores/match/2705/stats/6282216 3-4: HABESOHN Daniel
11-7,13-11,6-11,10-12,11-13,11-7,8-11
50 HABESOHN Daniel AUT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Caught the last set of XX round 1/64 against Tomas Polansky on YouTube (courtesy of coach ERT). He looks like he's in trouble already. The ball appears move in slow motion whenever he attacks it with his FH. Wth XX, why won't he upgrade your gear ??!!!
The way I look it, the penholder grip is just outdated thus facing lots of hurdles in today's game, amidst the keep on changing balls. Dunno why ITTF keep on tweaking the ball matters... what's its real motive / objective? Or simply business calculation that some company comes with new idea to introduce some new product to dominate the market, and ITTF simply facilitates, earning some kick back in return? ;) Money talks!

This user has no status.
Via CCTV-5, mind you it just covers some matches, so still need to combine with other medium, streaming esp. :)

Watch the Liebherr 2017 World Table Tennis Championship - International Table Tennis Federation
http://www.ittf.com/2017-wttc-tv/

Yes, I know where to watch :)
I was just curious if the ITTF managed to sell some TV rights anywhere in the world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Yes, I know where to watch :)
I was just curious if the ITTF managed to sell some TV rights anywhere in the world.

Of course, TO CCTV (CHN), Tokyo TV (JPN), ASTRO (MAS & Brunei) and so on :)

the Table 1 itTV specifically mentions broadcast is eligible to many parts of the world but not China, I guess some other countries are also affected by the geoban :D but frankly speaking, in some other sports, things are even worse!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Caught the last set of XX round 1/64 against Tomas Polansky on YouTube (courtesy of coach ERT). He looks like he's in trouble already. The ball appears move in slow motion whenever he attacks it with his FH. Wth XX, why won't he upgrade your gear ??!!!
I have been wondering about this for a long time. He still plays the 5-ply intensity NCT. It's hard wood but when far from the table you need more punch.

For XX who plays a lot of power loop away from table. I still don't understand why he doesn't use something like Viscaria.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk