Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Just wondering how good the fps and quality is for you guys on the live matches. The highlights on ITTF YouTube are pathetic. Don't know how soooo many people are gonna watch this.

the live streaming is fine and high quality, im not an expert but at least on derbies every TT fan should expect HQ highlights and not slideshows especially when the live match is great

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Round of 16 Results

3rd June

Ma Long 4-0 Chuang Chih Yuan
Marcos Freitas 1-4 Timo Boll

Tomokazu Harimoto 4-1 Lubomir Pistej
Lin Gaoyuan 3-4 Xu Xin

Lee Sangsu 4-0 Vladimir Samsonov
Jeoung Sangeun 1-4 Wong Chun Ting

Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Koki Niwa (play commences tomorrow)
Ruwen Filus vs Fan Zhendong (play commences tomorrow)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
So we went to, like, this tournament thing. There were a LOT of people (boysgirlswomenmen) dressed up in funny outfits, that for some or other reason did seem strangely unrelated to the primary reason of physical adornment, which is to enhance sexual attractivity of course.

The womengirls were groomed to perfection, every hair either in place or painstakingly removed and wore girly coloury outfits. Then again, so did the menboys, and in both cases the strange thing is, even the grownups wore SHORTS, apparently to give off the impression of being little children still. Another strange thing was, that while the girlwomym were groomed and dressed to a T, they had somehow TOTALLY neglected their body, subjecting it to GRUESOME physical regimes that wreaked havoc on that which makes the female body look luscious, curvy, female in appearance. Instead of what in Modern parlance is referred to as `sexy', these bodies were trained for ATHLETICISM and were hence sleek, slender, muscular, which is to say, how very unfemale.

The boysmen were even worse. They stubbornly applied extensive cloth to hide their gorgeous BUNS of STEEL and flawless PECS, yet did show off their overtrained, hideously grown out of proportion parts of their anatomy. That strange habit of adopting little children's dressing style accentuated that beyond repair.

Yet the worst thing of all was the lack of composure. Instead of graceful, modest and understated movement performed in full serenity, there was frantic waving, jumping accompanied by shouting and grimacing, distorting facial features beyond grace and measure. The reason for this is, so it seems, an unchecked impulse to perform sporting rituals of one kind or other, thereby entirely ruining grace, composure. Some players in particular marvelled in high-pitched moaning, even; a strangely comical thing, coming from adults wearing children's clothing and very, very, UNMANLY at that.

One wonders what this world is coming to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
So we went to, like, this tournament thing. There were a LOT of people (boysgirlswomenmen) dressed up in funny outfits, that for some or other reason did seem strangely unrelated to the primary reason of physical adornment, which is to enhance sexual attractivity of course.

The womengirls were groomed to perfection, every hair either in place or painstakingly removed and wore girly coloury outfits. Then again, so did the menboys, and in both cases the strange thing is, even the grownups wore SHORTS, apparently to give off the impression of being little children still. Another strange thing was, that while the girlwomym were groomed and dressed to a T, they had somehow TOTALLY neglected their body, subjecting it to GRUESOME physical regimes that wreaked havoc on that which makes the female body look luscious, curvy, female in appearance. Instead of what in Modern parlance is referred to as `sexy', these bodies were trained for ATHLETICISM and were hence sleek, slender, muscular, which is to say, how very unfemale.

The boysmen were even worse. They stubbornly applied extensive cloth to hide their gorgeous BUNS of STEEL and flawless PECS, yet did show off their overtrained, hideously grown out of proportion parts of their anatomy. That strange habit of adopting little children's dressing style accentuated that beyond repair.

Yet the worst thing of all was the lack of composure. Instead of graceful, modest and understated movement performed in full serenity, there was frantic waving, jumping accompanied by shouting and grimacing, distorting facial features beyond grace and measure. The reason for this is, so it seems, an unchecked impulse to perform sporting rituals of one kind or other, thereby entirely ruining grace, composure. Some players in particular marvelled in high-pitched moaning, even; a strangely comical thing, coming from adults wearing children's clothing and very, very, UNMANLY at that.

One wonders what this world is coming to.

You forgot to mention their strange ritual-dance around a platform while slapping balls around

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Round of 16 Schedule

3rd June

Ma Long vs Chuang Chih Yuan
Marcos Freitas vs Timo Boll

Tomokazu Harimoto vs Lubomir Pistej
Lin Gaoyuan vs Xu Xin

Lee Sangsu vs Vladimir Samsonov
Jeoung Sangeun vs Wong Chun Ting

Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Koki Niwa
Nam Pak NG vs Ruwen Filus

Alexander Shibaev vs Fan Zhendong

You have mixed match-ups between the upcoming R16 and the previous R32... :)

I guess you meant match-ups as below - MS R16 - SATURDAY, 03 JUNE:

Ma Long vs Chuang Chih Yuan
Marcos Freitas vs Timo Boll

Tomokazu Harimoto vs Lubomir Pistej
Lin Gaoyuan vs Xu Xin

Lee Sangsu vs Vladimir Samsonov
Jeoung Sangeun vs Wong Chun Ting

Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Koki Niwa
Ruwen Filus vs Fan Zhendong

Thanks for your head-up while the ITTF updater is still sleeping.

Btw I just hate that LGY needs to face his teammate, XX at this stage, so early, what a waste!! <sigh>

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Just wondering how good the fps and quality is for you guys on the live matches. The highlights on ITTF YouTube are pathetic. Don't know how soooo many people are gonna watch this.

GOOD ENOUGH to watch (I mean both the itTV and Laola1.tv, just pick the HD quality through Setting when watch there), don't visit google's youtube for this WTTC, just no need for that. Both itTV and Laola keep some replays atm.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
ZJK was really not good at yesterday's match, quite disappointing, his play level did not reflect any of his past reputation. Lee Sangsu might have played very well on that match, but ZJK's performance was definitely subpar too. Lacked of any accuracy, couldn't respond and only had few things that still worked. And at such level of plays he definitely CANNOT compete with the top players, be it Lee or any other 1st class players.

If ZJK cannot improve his plays any more, he better resigns to safe guard his past achievements and keep the reputation, as well as to give the limited precious slot to younger potential player. It is unlike China lacks of young generation players and needs to stick to ZJK resource for some more extended period.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
ZJK was really not good at yesterday's match, quite disappointing, his play level did not reflect any of his past reputation. Lee Sangsu might have played very well on that match, but ZJK's performance was definitely subpar too. Lacked of any accuracy, couldn't respond and only had few things that still worked. And at such level of plays he definitely CANNOT compete with the top players, be it Lee or any other 1st class players.

If ZJK cannot improve his plays any more, he better resigns to safe guard his past achievements and keep the reputation, as well as to give the limited precious slot to younger potential player. It is unlike China lacks of young generation players and needs to stick to ZJK resource for some more extended periodcn.

I think yesterday zjk lost to himself mostly although lee sangsu played well but zjk's every shot quality worth ten times more than lee sangsu's .... looking forward to see what him and CNT gonna do . really he could beat lee sang su like a piece of cake . but lack of training and errors was the reason behind his losing . even now i cant believe that he lost and i cant imagine a table tennis world without zhang jike . but even if he wanna leave table tennis i wish he leaves it with a championship . he is mostly plays for spreading table tennis as u know but a lot of fan were crying yesterday . so winning can be important . he's gonna participate in upcomming opens after wttc
http://www.old.ittf.com/ittf_tournaments/ittf_entries_web5.asp?Gender=M&Tour_ID=2729&

http://www.old.ittf.com/ittf_tournaments/ittf_entries_web5.asp?Gender=M&Tour_ID=2730&

. all i want now is xu xin's championship . but i'm afraid of that chinese behind a japanese mask kid

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think yesterday zjk lost to himself mostly although lee sangsu played well but zjk's every shot quality worth ten times more than lee sangsu's .... looking forward to see what him and CNT gonna do . really he could beat lee sang su like a piece of cake . but lack of training and errors was the reason behind his losing . even now i cant believe that he lost and i cant imagine a table tennis world without zhang jike . but even if he wanna leave table tennis i wish he leaves it with a championship . he is mostly plays for spreading table tennis as u know but a lot of fan were crying yesterday . so winning can be important . he's gonna participate in upcomming opens after wttc . all i want now is xu xin's championship . but i'm afraid of that chinese behind a japanese mask kid
Great champions sometimes fall to come back stronger than ever before fading into retirement. I hope ZJK still has fire in his belly to improve himself. 29/30 is actually when you should be peaking not retiring.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I think yesterday zjk lost to himself mostly although lee sangsu played well but zjk's every shot quality worth ten times more than lee sangsu's .... looking forward to see what him and CNT gonna do . really he could beat lee sang su like a piece of cake . but lack of training and errors was the reason behind his losing . even now i cant believe that he lost and i cant imagine a table tennis world without zhang jike . but even if he wanna leave table tennis i wish he leaves it with a championship . he is mostly plays for spreading table tennis as u know but a lot of fan were crying yesterday . so winning can be important . he's gonna participate in upcomming opens after wttc
http://www.old.ittf.com/ittf_tournaments/ittf_entries_web5.asp?Gender=M&Tour_ID=2729&

http://www.old.ittf.com/ittf_tournaments/ittf_entries_web5.asp?Gender=M&Tour_ID=2730&

. all i want now is xu xin's championship . but i'm afraid of that chinese behind a japanese mask kid

any web link for more info regarding yr last line? just don't follow the story. pm ok.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Scheduled matches for SATURDAY, 03 JUNE:

XD-SF
10:00 T1 YOSHIMURA Maharu JPN / ISHIKAWA Kasumi JPN - FANG Bo CHN / SOLJA Petrissa GER
10:00 T2 CHEN Chien-An TPE / CHENG I-Ching TPE - WONG Chun Ting HKG / DOO Hoi Kem HKG

WS-SF
12:30 T1 DING Ning CHN - HIRANO Miu JPN
13:45 T1 ZHU Yuling CHN - LIU Shiwen CHN

MD-SF
17:30 T1 FAN Zhendong CHN / XU Xin CHN - NIWA Koki JPN / YOSHIMURA Maharu JPN
17:30 T2 MORIZONO Masataka JPN / OSHIMA Yuya JPN - JEOUNG Youngsik KOR / LEE Sangsu KOR

WD-SF will be played on the last day, 05 JUNE.

PLUS MS-R16 matches today, schedules are not yet updated, as of 08:45 local GER (UTC+2) 2017.06.03
http://dr.ittf.com/competitions/tes...sp?competition_ID=2705&rnd=16&s_Event_Type=MS

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks. So which one of the 1995 Chinese Olympian is his mother? Liu Wei / Qiao Hong / Qiao Yunping... for it can't be Deng Yaping. Do you know his father's original name as well? He has surname Zhang 张. Just changed nationality in 2014. No wonder!

his mom is 張凌
Zhang something