World Table Tennis Day 2016

says what [IMG]
Adam Bobrow is celebrating World Table Tennis Day by sharing a new video on how to do the 'snake' shot. Adam is often asked what he does on the ball when he plays due to his crazy, unique style of shots, in the tutorial below you can see how Adam does just this shot which players such as Ma Long and Xu Xin have done recently.

Just one little correction:

What makes that so effective is that it's corkscrew, not really regular sidespin. The one at 44 seconds is a perfect example. See how it looks like it's just a lifted ball, but it breaks off to the side after hitting the table? It's a very big and obvious move required to get all that spin, but it's still effective and a damn good shot.

On other parts of the video, Adam is doing the snake wiggle to confuse the opponent as to what direction the corkscrew is rotating towards.

EDIT: Correction.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I hope i've understood you right.
Well anyway, here we go.

Suga D's TT-grammar lesson #7
To, too and two:

Suga D, I didn't know that you were really grammar girl in disguise. :) Nice one!!!!

You are spot on buddy! Perhaps this could learn the native Englishman, Dan, to tell the difference ;)

I gave Dan that grammar lesson 5 years ago and then gave up. hahaha. I am guessing this may not change either. But, it was worth a try. :)

I say, if Dan learns the difference between to, too and two, I will get Der_Echte to join me and we will post photos with each of us wearing a tutu. :) LOL. That might be the funniest post in TTDaily History.

Can you imagine Der wearing his Nexy Jersey and a Tutu!!!!!!

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

What makes that so effective is that it's corkscrew, not really sidespin.

Sorry Archo, corkscrew is a kind of sidespin. So what you said is not a correction and the way you deliver the message actually makes it so that you are incorrect. If you said you were explaining what kind of sidespin, then you would have a point.

But since you said: "What makes that so effective is that it's corkscrew, NOT REALLY SIDESPIN." That right there makes it so that you, and your argumentative little self, are the one who is incorrect. :)

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
Sorry Archo, corkscrew is a kind of sidespin. So what you said is not a correction and the way you deliver the message actually makes it so that you are incorrect. If you said you were explaining what kind of sidespin, then you would have a point.

But since you said: "What makes that so effective is that it's corkscrew, NOT REALLY SIDESPIN." That right there makes it so that you, and your argumentative little self, are the one who is incorrect. :)

It's a "kind of " sidespin, but it's not "the" sidespin. The brushy along the back kind of sidespin. ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It's a "kind of " sidespin, but it's not "the" sidespin. The brushy along the back kind of sidespin. ;)

And again your argumentative little self is trying to argue about this. IT IS A KIND OF SIDESPIN AND since you said it isn't REALLY SIDESPIN, 1+1=2 so you ARE WRONG, buddy.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

says what [IMG]
And again your argumentative little self is trying to argue about this. IT IS A KIND OF SIDESPIN AND since you said it isn't REALLY SIDESPIN, 1+1=2 so you ARE WRONG, buddy.

You got me at "you ARE WRONG, buddy."

Fooled me up until then.

But, just in case:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
@UpSideDownCarl : Its no point arguing with Archo , they have a saying "Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" , however in this case its even more difficult because when Archo starts losing an argument he starts pretending to be stupid, which surely he is not :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga D, I didn't know that you were really grammar girl in disguise. :) Nice one!!!!

Now my disguise is out of the window.
[Emoji14]

I gave Dan that grammar lesson 5 years ago and then gave up. hahaha. I am guessing this may not change either. But, it was worth a try. :)

I say, if Dan learns the difference between to, too and two, I will get Der_Echte to join me and we will post photos with each of us wearing a tutu. :) LOL. That might be the funniest post in TTDaily History.

Can you imagine Der wearing his Nexy Jersey and a Tutu!!!!!!
[Emoji23]
@UpSideDownCarl : Its no point arguing with Archo , they have a saying "Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" , however in this case its even more difficult because when Archo starts losing an argument he starts pretending to be stupid, which surely he is not :)

One of the most difficult things in life is admitting when one isn't right, especially when one is still adolescent...
As my jamaican friend would say: So forgiveth di youth dem

says what [IMG]
Suga D, I should have probably said "What makes that so effective is that it's corkscrew, not regular sidespin."

Then again, you can always argue that of course it's regular sidespin because I haven't turned around three times prior to hitting it and struck the ball with my foot, but I think you understand my point. Arguing against what I said is stupid because no one is right or wrong, we all mean the same in practicality.

EDIT: Scratch that, found the right font.
;)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Archo, when you said you were "CORRECTING" Adam Bobrow, and that what he is hitting "isn't REALLY SIDESPIN," you were in fact wrong. He did not specify a kind of sidespin. But you said you were correcting him which means you are saying he is wrong, and you said corkscrew isn't sidespin.

And, in fact, you are the one arguing.

As I said in an earlier post: "if you said you were explaining what kind of sidespin, then you would have had a point." But you didn't. You said Adam had presented a mistake and that you were correcting the mistake. And that corkscrew isn't really sidespin.

You can still say: "Okay, I was wrong. This is what I meant. The kind of sidespin Adam is using in those cool shots is corkscrew." And that would be totally okay. We would all probably think you got a little bit more mature in that instance.

But to continue arguing after you have implied someone was wrong and that corkscrew isn't sidespin, well, what Suga D said before comes to mind: "one of the most difficult things in life is admitting when one isn't right...."

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
Carl, no one was wrong. My speech was just not clear enough. I wasn't criticizing Adam: just clearing up something that I think might assist people in learning the shot.

I could easily point out your hypocrisy in your first post, when you didn't stop to think what I wrote and immediately jumped the gun onto what was written, but that's irrelevant. I understand the reaction, if one was to think I was trying to get at Adam.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Your post reads:

What makes that so effective is that it's corkscrew, not really regular sidespin.

The language is crystal clear.

You could say: "oh, sorry. This is what I meant. The kind of sidespin is corkscrew. Sorry that the way I said it implied things I didn't mean."

I won't add the technical details that would make that effective against someone who didn't or couldn't read the spin. But, against someone who does read the spin, those are actually pretty easy to handle.

And why am I still banging away on this, because you don't even get when you are rude and insulting. And you don't know how to say: "sorry if that came across in what I said. It's not what I meant."

You could end this well VERY EASILY.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now, I have to be honest, I am much more interested in whether Dan the man can take up the challenge and if Der_Echte and I are going to have to wear Tutus to play and get footage documenting the event.

See that, I nominated Der_Echte and I bet he doesn't even know he may have to wear a tutu to play TT soon enough.

Can Dan sort out the proper application of to, too and two!

If he can there is a bigger reward for proper application of reflexive pronouns that has to do with the Brooklyn Bridge.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
TableTennisDaily's video for #WorldTableTennisDay2016