Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals 2018?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Liang Jingkun

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Jang Woojin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony you really want to argue your point by pulling out wins from 2013 ? We know Mima Ito hit another level last year ...

No.....
This is the first time I use the ITTF head to head feature
I didn't filter anything, just used what came up.

These 2 players hardly played each other on ITTF platform.
If you want to look at past 3 years, this is the 2nd time they played each other, one time Cheng lost 4-2, next time she won 4-3

If they are not familiar with each others style, then Ito lost isn't the end of the world and not sure what the fuss is about
Loopadoop made a valid point that a lot of Ito's previous win was coming back from behind

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ito had a busy 2018 (loving this ITTF stats section)

2018 - World Tour, Australian Open, Geelong (AUS) - Seniors - QF (lost 4-2 to HE Zhuoji)
2018 - World Tour, Swedish Open, Stockholm (SWE) - Seniors - Winner
2018 - World Tour, Austrian Open, Linz (AUT) - Seniors - Rnd of 16 (lost 4-2 to DOO Hoi Kem)
2018 - World Tour, Czech Open, Olomouc (CZE) - Seniors - QF (lost 4-3 to WEN Jia)
2018 - World Tour, Bulgarian Open, Panagyurishte (BUL) - Seniors - Rnd of 32 (lost 4-2 to WANG Yidi)
2018 - World Tour, Korean Open, Daejeon (KOR) - Seniors - QF (lost 4-0 to ISHIKAWA Kasumi)
2018 - World Tour, Japan Open, Kitakyushu (JPN) - Seniors - Winner
2018 - World Tour, China Open, Shenzhen (CHN) - Seniors - SF (lost 4-1 to WANG Manyu)
2018 - World Tour, Hong Kong Open, Hong Kong (HKG) - Seniors - SF (lost 4-3 to WANG Manyu)
2018 - World Tour, German Open, Bremen (GER) - Seniors - Rnd of 16 (lost 4-3 to SUN Yingsha) - If Ito won here, she could of faced Cheng
2018 - World Tour, Qatar Open, Doha (QAT) - Seniors - Rnd of 32 (lost 4-3 to SUN Yingsha)

Conclusion....She is very much beatable, especially a few times to players outside WR10

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Now we are getting references to games played when both players were in their wombs.

The point is simple- people were expecting great things from Ito given how she beat Liu Shiwen, Ding Ning and Zhu Yuling. Maybe you can explain to me when and where Cheng beat that level of player. Of course, WCT and Timo Boll are top 10 so if WCT beats Timo, it is not impossible. But to say that they are just the same level is pretty funny.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Now we are getting references to games played when both players were in their wombs.

The point is simple- people were expecting great things from Ito given how she beat Liu Shiwen, Ding Ning and Zhu Yuling. Maybe you can explain to me when and where Cheng beat that level of player. Of course, WCT and Timo Boll are top 10 so if WCT beats Timo, it is not impossible. But to say that they are just the same level is pretty funny.

Check my post before your post with Ito's 2018

I'm sure you should know that form is very crucial
Ito and Hirano were in top form when they did the "world record" of taking out Chinese players 3 times in a row
mens and womens you should know, it haven't happened much.

Yes, some people are seeing Ito as a god and expecting great things
but if you look at 2018, Ito has a lot of ups and down

You think her train has stop
I think she is still growing up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Check my post before your post with Ito's 2018

I'm sure you should know that form is very crucial
Ito and Hirano were in top form when they did the "world record" of taking out Chinese players 3 times in a row
mens and womens you should know, it haven't happened much.

Yes, some people are seeing Ito as a god and expecting great things
but if you look at 2018, Ito has a lot of ups and down

You think her train has stop
I think she is still growing up
Which was the point of my post. But for some reason you missed it only to get it later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
and you seem to still not get my point
or maybe you do, but just not wanting to admit

Cheng is good enough to beat Ito, otherwise she won't be WR8 (while Ito is WR7)

And my point is that Hoi Doo Kem was good enough to beat Ito as well, so maybe Ito needs to fix losing to Hong Kong and Taipei before focusing on China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
And my point is that Hoi Doo Kem was good enough to beat Ito as well, so maybe Ito needs to fix losing to Hong Kong and Taipei before focusing on China.

I hate to break the bubble, but this is table tennis

Player A can beat player B
Player B can't beat A, but can beat C
Please C can't beat B, but can beat A

anything is possible in table tennis
So please don't use the theory of Ito can beat China, and Cheng can't, so Ito can't loose against Cheng

And even if Ito trains to beat HK or Taipei (basically 1 lost this year to them each, and you making it a big thing), Ito could still loose to any other country. She can't win forever, so can't your Chinese players

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Zeio

I reliased something. I think it was something you said from a long time ago when the new point system that came out.
Where for Ito to win 3 Chinese on a trot, she didn't get the points when compared to the old system. Ito basically just got a world tour winners point, where in the past she could get 3 heavy weight winning points.

anyways, just something I realised when looking at Ito's win and loses.
I wonder how much of a difference the 2018 WR will look if still based on old system

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
What complete failure is the ITTF or the Korean federation handing to the world of Table Tennis? Look at the almost non-existent crowd in Korea for the wonderful game between Harimoto and Fransiska!!
https://youtu.be/CP0pf8pSKnQ
Pathetic.

Agreed. Not a good advertisement for table tennis.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Watching the Korean doubles' teams facing each other - who is the Korean national singles and doubles champ? We often get some video/reporting on the Chinese national champs and the Japanese national champs but not on Korea - wondering why, especially with this new competitive generation...

Kim Dong-Hyun and Jeon Ji-Hee are the current Korean National Champions. The next national championship would be held right after the Grand Finals. (Jeon Ji-Hee is Chinese by birth)

http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1110803053
Korean national rankings : http://www.kbttf.co.kr/ranking/doc01.asp

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
What complete failure is the ITTF or the Korean federation handing to the world of Table Tennis? Look at the almost non-existent crowd in Korea for the wonderful game between Harimoto and Fransiska!!
https://youtu.be/CP0pf8pSKnQ
Pathetic.
it's Thursday evening, what did you expect. There'll be a lot more people at the weekend.

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
For stealing game 3 from Hong Kong with an edge.
iiqosE6h.png

m6cKlAr.png

giphy.gif

KM97He5h.png

ZDerslPh.png

ZjyiCboh.png

gUKgDQHh.png

Last edited: