Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals 2018?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Liang Jingkun

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Jang Woojin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20181213/tab18121322260003-n1.html
…多彩なサーブが効いて3-2とリードしたが、逆転負けし「私の卓球をさせないようにプレーされてしまった」と悔しさをにじませた。
 最終ゲームは、集中力が切れたかのように連続失点で幕切れとなった。既に混合と女子のダブルスを2試合戦い終え、シングルスがこの日の3試合目だったことも影響したのか「今日は、ちょっときつかった」とこぼした。(共同)
Ito says she "couldn't play her table tennis." Losing 6 in a row after leading 7:5 in the final game against CIC might have to do with playing in 3 events, citing "it was a bit tough today."

http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=2863#2863
「相手がすごく単調な展開に持ち込んできて、私自身も単調になってしまった。そういう選手はあまりいないし、私もその中でいろいろ変えて対処できるんですが、今まで以上にできるようにしないといけない。もっと攻撃的にならないといけないし、新たな課題が見つかりました」(伊藤)
Interview with Table Tennis Kingdom reveals more.

"My opponent brought it to a very monotonous deployment and I myself became monotonous, there are not so many players, and I can handle it by changing a variety of things in it, but to be able to do more than ever I have to make it more aggressive and I have found a new issue. "(Ito)

Also, on Ishikawa and Hirano.

「Tリーグの時はうまくレシーブできなかった。そこを修正した」という石川が終始リード。

「もう少し何かを変えたら、良い試合になったと思う。勝ち負けよりも今日は内容が悔しい。試合でうまくいかない時にそのままのペースで行ってしまう。今年のツアーはいい試合が思いつかないので、来年は良い自分を、変わったところを見せたい」(平野)
Ishikawa leads the whole match, saying "I did not receive well at the time of the T League, I fixed it."

"I think that it got a good game if I change something a little more than today but the content is disappointing I will go with the pace as it is when the game is not going well.This year's tour does not have a good game so it's good next year I want to show myself what I changed "(Hirano)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
it's Thursday evening, what did you expect. There'll be a lot more people at the weekend.

Its not the first time where ITTF top events has little crowd.
I do think the LOC should of planned better.
They will know in advance if the ticket sales are sold out or not.
If not, they should of have on hand a backup plan, as they should know or have access to a few TT clubs/Schools etc, and dish out free tickets.

Lets just hope the weekend will full the stadium

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-12-14/doc-ihqackac6904054.shtml
  在训练馆热身的石川佳纯跟坐在垫子上的水谷隼聊了起来。凭借早年间看日剧的积累,能听懂她说的第一句话是:“怎么回事?”
  “我感觉……差不多吧,所以在前面的时候也是纠缠地挺激烈的,也是2分(胜出)这样的。等到后面突然感觉他们无谓失误很多,两个都是,要不然比分也不会这样了。”
  “我也不清楚,感觉他们无谓失误很多,我们也是抓住了很好的机会,继续去争取主动上手,给对方施加压力。”尽管赢得了这场比赛,黄镇廷表示并不会对这对日本组合掉以轻心,“他们水平也是很高,现在已经进入前四了。我估计他们平时配合也不是很长时间,以后会一直关注他们。”
  “对黄镇廷的球非常不熟悉,这位选手的变化非常多,不知道他下一个球过来会是这样,所以非常不适应,因为也是一次跟他们交手。”...伊藤认为自己与森园政崇的优势在于速度快,“这次自己状态不是那么好,会通过明年初的全日锦标赛进行加强。”
Kasumi Ishikawa, who warmed up in the training hall, chatted with Jun Mizutani, who was sitting on the mat. With the accumulation of Japanese TV dramas in the early years, I can understand her first words: "What is going on?"

"I feel...more or less the same. It was very tight in the first half, (winning) by 2 points. Then I suddenly felt that they had a lot of mistakes, for both of them, otherwise the score would not have been like this."

"I don't know either, I feel that they have a lot of mistakes. We also seized a good opportunity to continue to fight for the initiative and put pressure on the other side." Despite winning the match, Wong Chun Ting said that the Japanese pair cannot be underestimated. "They are also very high level. They are now in the top four. I don't think they have paired for a long time. We will always keep a close eye on them in the future."

"I am very unfamiliar with Wong Chun Ting's ball. This player has a lot of variations. I don't know what shot will come next, so it is very uncomfortable, because this was our first encounter with them." ...Ito believes that the advantage of her and Morizono is that the speed is fast. "This time, my form is not so good. It will be strengthened through the All-Japan Championships early next year."

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
Jan 2018
World Tour Grand Finals still alive and kicking!!!
d2k39cNh.png

Jan 2018
What are these people doing at a table tennis tournament?
IZb7lWk.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ito revealed the reason in the interview. Coming up.

How the CNT play so many events and do well is an question. That said, I have always felt that Xu Xin's loss to Fang Bo in 2015 WTTC was partly a result of playing too many events. Ito may have had a bit of that this time too, though of course it is easier to blame fatigue when you don't win when you are up.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi