Xiom rubber specifications

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hi ,in my country xiom rubbers cost 1/3 of tenergy.I tried both of them,Xiom i can buy more often and I can play with newer equiment.I agree Xiom rubbers lack something in sponge,less springy,after while springe effect of Xiom sponge wears out.Problem is :what is better ?to play whith tenergy longer time but with better gears or play with newer rubber Xiom in shorter time?Do you tihnk it worth it?My level of play did not change much after switching from Tenergy to xiom.Maybe with tenergy I will play 5% better,but it will cost me 3 times more.Maybe I am wrong.

I think this is really going to depend on level and play style. I wonder if the Omega's do better with boosting. I don't bother, so for me, unboosted Tenergy is much better for my level (highest end of amateur, ~2250 US) and style out of the package, however, it may not make so much of a difference for other people.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
A few thoughts on this thread:

• My experience with Omega VII wouldn't be too far off from leading to a conclusion that Tenergy is just plain better all around. Essentially the Omega VII just lacked in top end speed and spin compared to my usual Tenergy 05. The Omega VII just did not suit me but some other players may like the feeling or arc or whatever other aspects, or players who are not pushing the rubbers to their maximum limits where the loss of speed and spin wouldn't be as relevant.

• Oftentimes people point to pros that are using certain rubbers as justification that it must be good. These pros are usually boosting the hell out of the rubber and trashing them after a week or two - this is not really practical for common players and also not as necessary with standard Tenergy which makes it a good option.

• Calderano did have all his top wins when using Cornilleau, so that's not a good argument in support of Omega.

• Yogi, as much as I'm sure we all appreciate your reviews, they definitely do come across as biased so I understand some people's hesitancy in trusting reviews that are not written totally independent of the company's influence. It seems that at times your reviews are always "this is the latest and greatest from X company and the only drawback is that you need to be good enough to handle this rubber/blade".

Exactly, this. if bty too expensive in your country try prott.vip.

• My experience with Omega VII wouldn't be too far off from leading to a conclusion that Tenergy is just plain better all around. Essentially the Omega VII just lacked in top end speed and spin compared to my usual Tenergy 05. The Omega VII just did not suit me but some other players may like the feeling or arc or whatever other aspects, or players who are not pushing the rubbers to their maximum limits where the loss of speed and spin wouldn't be as relevant.

• Oftentimes people point to pros that are using certain rubbers as justification that it must be good. These pros are usually boosting the hell out of the rubber and trashing them after a week or two - this is not really practical for common players and also not as necessary with standard Tenergy which makes it a good option.

• Calderano did have all his top wins when using Cornilleau, so that's not a good argument in support of Omega.

• Yogi, as much as I'm sure we all appreciate your reviews, they definitely do come across as biased so I understand some people's hesitancy in trusting reviews that are not written totally independent of the company's influence. It seems that at times your reviews are always "this is the latest and greatest from X company and the only drawback is that you need to be good enough to handle this rubber/blade".

There were some discussions on ttdaily on other websites pointing out that he was using Xiom rubbers while still under the contract with Cornilleau.

Comparing The whole Omega VII line to T05, instead of doing that with particular rubbers, is rather odd. I would personally disagree that they all simply lack in aforementioned departments. Besides that, let's not forget a poor short game with Tenergy rubbers compared to the competition - an important aspect of tt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
There were some discussions on ttdaily on other websites pointing out that he was using Xiom rubbers while still under the contract with Cornilleau.

Comparing The whole Omega VII line to T05, instead of doing that with particular rubbers, is rather odd. I would personally disagree that they all simply lack in aforementioned departments. Besides that, let's not forget a poor short game with Tenergy rubbers compared to the competition - an important aspect of tt.

I think you have it the other way around and that he was still using a Cornilleau blade after getting under contract with Xiom, either way, it is not really relevant since we were discussing what he was using at the time that he had his top wins, and that is Cornilleau rubers as zeio has shown.

I was referring to the O7 Pro.

Then i am sorry to say you did not read my reviews enough that there are subtle hints in evwry review that i make to make you understand that there are things on the negative side that i post. People can always say this and that but when you have first experience with the rubbers from every brand and even the blades then maybe you can havw a different perspective. Also, believing that Tenergy is still the best now is a greater bias than the bias that i am being labelled with. I just do not get it why people would expect me to put negative things on a rubber unless it is sub par with intermediate rubbers only. If you cannot appreciate the performance of other equipment from other brands and just focus on butterfly then i am not the one who has tunnel vision here. Also, why is my perspective of a rubber or blade having drawbacks with the corresponding player's level?? Did you even take into account that a lot of products right now are just really good because of the competition?? Unless again, you only believe that butterfly cannot have close competitions with other brands, then either you havd not tried enough products that i had or you are too focused on butterfly.

Last edited:
May 2018
Then i am sorry to say you did not read my reviews enough that there are subtle hints in evwry review that i make to make you understand that there are things on the negative side that i post. People can always say this and that but when you have first experience with the rubbers from every brand and even the blades then maybe you can havw a different perspective. Also, believing that Tenergy is still the best now is a greater bias than the bias that i am being labelled with. I just do not get it why people would expect me to put negative things on a rubber unless it is sub par with intermediate rubbers only. If you cannot appreciate the performance of other equipment from other brands and just focus on butterfly then i am not the one who has tunnel vision here. Also, why is my perspective of a rubber or blade having drawbacks with the corresponding player's level?? Did you even take into account that a log of products riht now are just really good because of the competition?? Unless again, you only believe that butterfly cannot have close competions with other brands, then either you havd not tried enough products that i had or you are too focused on butterfly.

T05 short game is not considered bad. I know what's a bad short game rubber after i tried d05 for 6 month. T05 is still the golden standard, it's a rubber that can almost do everything.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Calderano caused quite a stir back in 2018 when he beat Boll, Harimoto and LGY in succession at the Qatar Open. He already caught people's attention in Czech Open 2017 after beating LYJ 4-3 and only losing 3-4 to Harimoto.

People in China flooded Tieba with threads asking what equipment he was using and were surprised it was Cornilleau.

Juic, distributor for Cornilleau in Japan, capitalized on his wins at Qatar Open - https://twitter.com/juic_tt/status/993776407288233984/photo/1

Discussion on his equipment at the time on a Russian forum - https://rttf.ru/topics/10455

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Then i am sorry to say you did not read my reviews enough that there are subtle hints in evwry review that i make to make you understand that there are things on the negative side that i post. People can always say this and that but when you have first experience with the rubbers from every brand and even the blades then maybe you can havw a different perspective. Also, believing that Tenergy is still the best now is a greater bias than the bias that i am being labelled with. I just do not get it why people would expect me to put negative things on a rubber unless it is sub par with intermediate rubbers only. If you cannot appreciate the performance of other equipment from other brands and just focus on butterfly then i am not the one who has tunnel vision here. Also, why is my perspective of a rubber or blade having drawbacks with the corresponding player's level?? Did you even take into account that a lot of products right now are just really good because of the competition?? Unless again, you only believe that butterfly cannot have close competitions with other brands, then either you havd not tried enough products that i had or you are too focused on butterfly.

My point exactly is that you have to give "subtle hints" about the shortcomings of the rubbers that you are sponsored to review, rather than being able to speak directly about it. That is what makes some people uneasy and doubtful of the overall integrity of the review. I have read plenty of your reviews, I am speaking in more general terms about how a lot of readers may feel about your reviews but I'm sure you're already aware of this.

I have tried several of the modern day ESN "alternatives" and I've given context on other posts in this thread as to why Tenergy is better than me. They "come close" as you have mentioned, but when you factor in my personal needs/preferences of not wanting to boost, durability, grip, and top end spin, Tenergy and Dignics still reign supreme for me personally. I already stated that it may not be better for everyone. Perhaps you didn't see my other posts on this thread.

Last edited:
My point exactly is that you have to give "subtle hints" about the shortcomings of the rubbers that you are sponsored to review, rather than being able to speak directly about it. That is what makes people uneasy and doubtful of the overall integrity of the review. I have read plenty of your reviews, I am speaking in more general terms about how a lot of readers may feel about your reviews but I'm sure you're already aware of this.

I have tried several of the modern day ESN "alternatives" and I've given context on other posts in this thread as to why Tenergy is better than me. They "come close" as you have mentioned, but when you factor in my personal needs/preferences of not wanting to boost, durability, grip, and top end spin, Tenergy and Dignics still reign supreme for me personally. I already stated that it may not be better for everyone. Perhaps you didn't see my other posts on this thread.
You do not speak for everybody here. If you say about Tenergy or Dignics better than rubber X does not invalidate my reviews because i have also people who test the equipment with me who tells me they find rubber X better than Tenergy or Dignics! Those are veteran national level players in my place.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents:
You can't compare T05 with O7. The O7 Euro is softer, everything else harder.
My experience with T05, the for me best matching counterparts EL-P and EL-S from Tibhar and harder rubbers like Vega Pro, Omega 5 Tour and Pro and also the Fastarc G1 which is from the same generation like Vega Pro tells me that the harder rubber seem to be "less" in speed and spin. Seems because if you hit them properly more with the Asia way of playing fh with enough power from the ground, the picture changes. T05 and also the EL-P and EL-S are at their end and "bottom out".
And to all of this "Vega, Hexer, Barracuda, Genius" are slippery when wet: I've the opinion that at that time when those type of rubbers were released, everybody was used to either Tenergy or still tuned or speed glued "softer" rubbers. All this "ball is slipping off" is in my opinion wrong technique. Today, when something like this "slipping" occurs, everybody is saying "OK, I lack in technique, speed and power from the ground" and not "it's the fault of the rubber".
For Xiom rubbers or general:
1. Try to play the hardest rubber you can and go gradually up until you're comfortable to play something around 47.5 degrees
2. Look also for the pimples! I for myself like wide/broad pimples with less space between them for fh and thinner pimples with more space between them on bh. This is still the principle of T05 vs. T64 and it still works for me. T05=Harder feel, higher arc/throw, more spin, less speed, shorter throw and for T64 vice versa. Quite good examples are nowadays R-Series for "Rotation" which means T05 type and V for "Velocity" which means T64 type from Andro.
3. Look for the catalogue from Xiom on their website . You can say more or less the following: O4 higher arc, shorter throw - O5 in between - O7 lower arc, longer throw. I played the O5 Tour which I would see as in the middle between MX-P and MX-S. I also tried the O5 Pro which was more like a MX-P with a higher throw and a little less catapult.
Vega Pro is a classic for me, everybody can play it and it is really cheap. Asia DF was way softer than the 42.5 would suggest and this is a motive: Everything with Dynamic friction plays softer. Vega X is from pimple structure more T64 type and quite easy to play. You don't have to put all effort in to get something out. It also is quite easy to get to the end of the capabilities with this rubber. Andro Hexer Powergrip is more or less a Vega X with a little bit more catapult, which makes it a little bit better for my bh.
4. Everything has to be considered with your blade! O5 Tour is on a fiberreinforced blade with enough stiffness a joy to play, Vega X on a not so stiff and soft all-wood and vice versa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazza
You want something that has equal or better performance than Tenergy 05 or even Dignics 05? The Joola AGR Dynaryz, Xiom Omega 7 Hyper (this is faster and have a higher spin than both D05 or T05), I am not gonna metion even the Omega 7 China because it was made to compete with Dignics 09c.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
You want something that has equal or better performance than Tenergy 05 or even Dignics 05? The Joola AGR Dynaryz, Xiom Omega 7 Hyper (this is faster and have a higher spin than both D05 or T05), I am not gonna metion even the Omega 7 China because it was made to compete with Dignics 09c.

The Dynaryz is good. However it's durability is poor, which as I mentioned above is one of my criteria.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
The Dynaryz is good. However it's durability is poor, which as I mentioned above is one of my criteria.
I have both and the difference between the 2 palying everyday when i gave it to a player who multiballs almost everyday is just a week or 2.

Dynaryz AGR and Tenergy 05?
Yes. T05 and AGR. The AGR went eroded first but it was about 1 or 2 weeks difference. Also, the arguement about needing to boost esn rubbers and not tenergy is not true in my opinion. All rubbers including tenergy need boosting at the start of 4 weeks mark if you play heavily at least 3x a week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
That was not my experience with the AGR but to each their own. I'll share more about the O7P. First off I want to say that I do appreciate you sharing your reviews and whether we agree or not, as you said, everyone sees things differently and there isn't necessarily a right or wrong. I have mentioned in my previous posts that I speak to my personal experience for the rubbers but other people have different demands or preferences.

For the O7P, quite simply, two very high level friends of mine noticed that my shots had gotten less potent (I hadn't told them I had switched). I also felt the spin quality was very poor for a modern rubber and based on online reviews several other people have found this to stand out, though the reviews were mostly positive. Based on the gap between my experience and the positive reviews, you can see why I would not be inclined to try Xiom rubbers again. Maybe you are right about the Hyper, but, again, given my experience with O7P I would not really want to give that a shot. That's what I was referencing in my first post on this thread.

Let me also give an actual experience last 2013 when Adidas p7 was still a rubber that people use. I have a friend who was a national player that time and she used both rubbers in the same blade at different times but spent equal time eroding them. Training for her was 6 hrs a day. Adidas P7 lasted 3 weeks longer. That was 7 or 8 yrs ago. Don't you think by now rubbers are more durable??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Let me also give an actual experience last 2013 when Adidas p7 was still a rubber that people use. I have a friend who was a national player that time and she used both rubbers in the same blade at different times but spent equal time eroding them. Training for her was 6 hrs a day. Adidas P7 lasted 3 weeks longer. That was 7 or 8 yrs ago. Don't you think by now rubbers are more durable??

There are too many variables in that example to draw any serious conclusions from it, however, to answer your question, my experience is that ESN rubbers that were being released as recently as 2019 still suffered from durability and sudden performance-deterioration issues.

That was not my experience with the AGR but to each their own. I'll share more about the O7P. First off I want to say that I do appreciate you sharing your reviews and whether we agree or not, as you said, everyone sees things differently and there isn't necessarily a right or wrong. I have mentioned in my previous posts that I speak to my personal experience for the rubbers but other people have different demands or preferences.

For the O7P, quite simply, two very high level friends of mine noticed that my shots had gotten less potent (I hadn't told them I had switched). I also felt the spin quality was very poor for a modern rubber and based on online reviews several other people have found this to stand out, though the reviews were mostly positive. Based on the gap between my experience and the positive reviews, you can see why I would not be inclined to try Xiom rubbers again. Maybe you are right about the Hyper, but, again, given my experience with O7P I would not really want to give that a shot. That's what I was referencing in my first post on this thread.

If you check my reviews on 07P i even stated that the Omega 5 was spinnier for brushing. I did not really recommend that 07p as a direct substitute for t05 but rather the omega 7 Asia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
If you check my reviews on 07P i even stated that the Omega 5 was spinnier for brushing. I did not really recommend that 07p as a direct substitute for t05 but rather the omega 7 Asia

Then credit to you for that.