Yasaka Sweden Extra

This user has no status.
Hi Carl,

Been too long I'm out from here.
How's everything going?

I wish to own Yasaka Extra Sweden, the original idea from the popular but discontinued Yasaka Extra.

Who knows when can I get my hands on YES (not to be confused with Extra Special that's walnut outerplies).

Years ago there were suggestions and discussions in the forum that we should try to work out on how to handle setup from OFF- blade up to your hearts' content.

I seem to agree with this notion and thanks forumers I did learn something and happy to report that I'm a true offensive material, if you know what I mean. OFF+ as target? i don't think so for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Sorry for the bump but I am considering buying this blade for use with soft rubbers like the Rakza 7 soft (FH) and Xiom Vega Europe EF (BH). I already have an Appelgren Allplay which is great but I am looking for something slightly faster (but not too much - maybe ALL+) and perhaps with a little more weight. Particularly interested to hear about the balance as I prefer bats which are balanced towards the center or handle. I am somewhere between a beginner and intermediate (I think) who likes a counter-attacking game close to the table. Do you think this would fit the bill? Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I haven't had any issues with it, but I don't seal my blades so I have never thought seriously about the question. Sorry for being unable to really help.
No one can know everything :).

I'm wondering this because there's a Sweden Extra on its way to me and from what I've read, I think I prefer to have my blades sealed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Mine arrived today and it doesn't really look sealed indeed. Too bad I noticed the blade lacquering service when my order was already on its way to me.

On a positive note, it is very easy to seal a blade. I always do it to mine.

I use MinWax Wipe-On Poly. I wipe it on with a paper towel. It takes 2 min to apply. It takes 24 hours to fully dry. You can apply a super thin coat because you wipe it on with a cloth instead of brushing it on.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
On a positive note, it is very easy to seal a blade. I always do it to mine.

I use MinWax Wipe-On Poly. I wipe it on with a paper towel. It takes 2 min to apply. It takes 24 hours to fully dry. You can apply a super thin coat because you wipe it on with a cloth instead of brushing it on.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
I know that it isn't that hard to do yourself, but it seems I gonna have to buy some stuff worth half of the blade's value :).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know that it isn't that hard to do yourself, but it seems I gonna have to buy some stuff worth half of the blade's value :).

Or, you could be like NextLevel who never seals his blades. If you take your rubbers off carefully, nothing bad happens to the blade. Unless, of course, it is a Stiga blade. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Or, you could be like NextLevel who never seals his blades. If you take your rubbers off carefully, nothing bad happens to the blade. Unless, of course, it is a Stiga blade. :)
I also read some people use hairspray. I'm aware that it doesn't really protect the blade from water, but it seems to avoid possible issues with removing the rubbers. Do you have experience with this?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I also read some people use hairspray. I'm aware that it doesn't really protect the blade from water, but it seems to avoid possible issues with removing the rubbers. Do you have experience with this?

Yep. Hairspray will make it so the rubber comes off more easily and is less likely to damage the wood. I think Baal is a guy who uses that.