Your ultimate setup...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Nothing beats Viscaria coupled with boosted Neo H3 Comm or Big Dipper 39. Don't judge me please, I have no money nor the motivation to spend on something as suspicious as Provincial and National rubber. lol

Well, Clipper with Tenergy does come close though. I want to know if somebody here has ever used Zetro Quad. Mind helping with some review of Zetro Quad? Does it play like XIOM Vega Pro?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Well I've never tried (or heard of) Zetro Quad but I did try a few new (to me) rubbers today including a Tenergy 05, Tenergy 64 and an FX but I cant remember exactly what model it was.

To be perfectly honest if I had to put them in order after a 30 min knock with all 3 I would have to go FX, T64, T05.

What I couldn't get over was how easy it was to generate speed, I felt like I was just playing a half speed shot yet the ball was reacting like Id gone for a full power drive.

The other factor to consider was the guy who owned them had them on a Carbon blade, again I cant remember exact model.

Very soft feel and an ease of generating pace was the overall feeling, my bat felt like an old log when I went back to it but I guess hitting balls with Tenergy on a carbon blade is the idea, would have to try all aspects but a very interesting session.

Reactions: ade14212
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well I've never tried (or heard of) Zetro Quad but I did try a few new (to me) rubbers today including a Tenergy 05, Tenergy 64 and an FX but I cant remember exactly what model it was.

To be perfectly honest if I had to put them in order after a 30 min knock with all 3 I would have to go FX, T64, T05.

What I couldn't get over was how easy it was to generate speed, I felt like I was just playing a half speed shot yet the ball was reacting like Id gone for a full power drive.

The other factor to consider was the guy who owned them had them on a Carbon blade, again I cant remember exact model.

Very soft feel and an ease of generating pace was the overall feeling, my bat felt like an old log when I went back to it but I guess hitting balls with Tenergy on a carbon blade is the idea, would have to try all aspects but a very interesting session.

You are dancing dangerously close to on of the biggest factors that cause the EJ virus to be such a malicious and pernicious addiction.

Carbon blades that are silly fast with Tenergy on them can be quite an expensive addiction. One of the reasons is, when you are just looping with them from mid-distance, MAN THEY FEEL GRRRRREAT!!! And then you play a match and you wonder why you are playing so bad.

It couldn't be this new and amazing setup that makes you feel like superman when you are blasting balls from mid-distance? Could it????

If your loops are fully developed and decently high level, like elite amateur or semi-pro level, on both wings, and your short game is strong, you can use anything.

If your short game is not strong, or your loop skillz on either wing need some work, then the carbon part is not really what you want.

BTW: if you liked an FX version of Tenergy better than T05 and T64 and you like T64 better than T05 then you probably like softer rubbers. T05 is the hardest in that list. And you probably value speed over spin. T05 generates the most spin. But isn't the fastest Tenergy.

I want more spin. More spin. That is what I say. [emoji2]

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: JekaE
says what [IMG]
My playing style has a fairly big swing and emphasis on serves and setting up points with short play. You could call it a cheap imitation of Chinese play.

I know that equipment should favor and follow the style, and not the other way around, so I think my ultimate setup would be a very spinny, moderately fast Stiga or DHS blade on very well boosted H3, or whatever is the top tacky rubber by the time I'm good enough to really use it.

Not a terrible fan of the super fast carbon blade + Tenergy craze, although I'll probably try it out some day and take back my words. :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
I'm in the same camp you are, Archo, and when I tried Tenergy on a carbon blade I hated it :p it was nice on an all wood blade though. My ideal setup at the moment would be a Clipper with the H3-60 special secret Chinese backhand rubber on both sides. I have no business going to a hard rubber with my baby strokes :)