is it good to play with a hard, fast rubber even if your BH is not perfect

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hi, so some of you Maybe have seen my later post and that i have changed to Hurricane 3 on FH, I really wanna start using hurricane 3 on FH but my coach got me a task to do under the summer to help him and for reward he got me a rubber of choice, I wanted Tibhar aurus Prime to play on FH but this was before I got my H3 rubbers. I'm kinda "scared" to use it on BH because I think I won't have enough feeling and it'll be to fast, the rubber will just go to waste and I'll feel bad for not using it:/. I will try when I get it and see what will happen, hope it goes well and I won't have to worry about it anymore. Don't really know why I wanted to post this but o well, I think the point was : If a BH rubber is to hard and fast should I just try and get used to it and learn the real technique or get a softer, slower rubber?
Thank you:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi, so some of you Maybe have seen my later post and that i have changed to Hurricane 3 on FH, I really wanna start using hurricane 3 on FH but my coach got me a task to do under the summer to help him and for reward he got me a rubber of choice, I wanted Tibhar aurus Prime to play on FH but this was before I got my H3 rubbers. I'm kinda "scared" to use it on BH because I think I won't have enough feeling and it'll be to fast, the rubber will just go to waste and I'll feel bad for not using it:/. I will try when I get it and see what will happen, hope it goes well and I won't have to worry about it anymore. Don't really know why I wanted to post this but o well, I think the point was : If a BH rubber is to hard and fast should I just try and get used to it and learn the real technique or get a softer, slower rubber?
Thank you:)

My opinion is not that you should use something softer, but that when developing technique, you should use something standard or something which your coach approves of. So let your coach test it and if your coach thinks he can teach you good technique with it, then use it.

I have tested Aurus Prime. I think that since you have a coach, as long as you are willing to use proper technique and experiment with blocking angles during training, it could not be a big deal. Aurus Prime though is a fast rubber at least on par with MX-P, likely faster, so the training hours for passive play are significant and even active play requires adjustment. But the think with Aurus Prime is that it spins for you so you may be able to get away with aggressive drives even when they are riskier with other rubbers. It also has immense catapult on hard hits. Things like this are usually for players with a certain style. IF you don't know your style yet, or your coach hasn't picked it for you, something more all round usually makes sense. Aurus Select is definitely more all round.

Reactions: Nicky Franck
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
My opinion is not that you should use something softer, but that when developing technique, you should use something standard or something which your coach approves of. So let your coach test it and if your coach thinks he can teach you good technique with it, then use it.

I have tested Aurus Prime. I think that since you have a coach, as long as you are willing to use proper technique and experiment with blocking angles during training, it could not be a big deal. Aurus Prime though is a fast rubber at least on par with MX-P, likely faster, so the training hours for passive play are significant and even active play requires adjustment. But the think with Aurus Prime is that it spins for you so you may be able to get away with aggressive drives even when they are riskier with other rubbers. It also has immense catapult on hard hits. Things like this are usually for players with a certain style. IF you don't know your style yet, or your coach hasn't picked it for you, something more all round usually makes sense. Aurus Select is definitely more all round.

Oh Alright thank you, i Will post when i have tried the rubber and see how it feels, I'm still not 100% sure if it was Aurus Prime, it might be Aurus select which I hope

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk