Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Ma Long vs Zhang Jike (Final)

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTTLondon2012%2Fvideos%2F875414285895734%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hehehe...I remember that ZJK was playing out of his mind back in WC 2014. The story back then was ZJK had shot injected to deal with the pain. Sure as hell, he didn't complain one bit about the injury because he won.

Fast forward to 2016, he was injured vs Samsonov. Couldn't he just get himself some shots like back then before facing ML? Now that he lost, he blamed the injury? Where was the injury back in 2014. The way I see it, ZJK is bitter and can't accept that he's not the champ anymore. His play didn't even diminish or disappear at all. He ripped the ball like no one business and now he blames injury? Take you loss with big heart, please. No one likes sore loser, especially from someone as incredible as him.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
So nobody's talking about the team competitions this morning.
Single is where everything matters, my man. The world is basically divided into two; ZJK fans and ML fans. Now that ML won the Olympic by defeating ZJK, no more question about ML's ability shall be asked. He has proved himself to be able to defeat the strongest in the biggest occasion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hehehe...I remember that ZJK was playing out of his mind back in WC 2014. The story back then was ZJK had shot injected to deal with the pain. Sure as hell, he didn't complain one bit about the injury because he won.

Fast forward to 2016, he was injured vs Samsonov. Couldn't he just get himself some shots like back then before facing ML? Now that he lost, he blamed the injury? Where was the injury back in 2014. The way I see it, ZJK is bitter and can't accept that he's not the champ anymore. His play didn't even diminish or disappear at all. He ripped the ball like no one business and now he blames injury? Take you loss with big heart, please. No one likes sore loser, especially from someone as incredible as him.

where exactly did zhang blamed his injury?he admitted ma long was simply better in his FB page.

He used the words "back was triggered" boll and zhang have same kind of CHRONIC back injuries, these injuries basically never go away u can keep them contained but as far as I know u cant completely erase them

Last edited:
Reactions: redonix76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
one more thing, zhang jike was constantly in restraing from 2012. He played the olympics final injured as well, same for 2013 and 2014. It was triggered again vs mizutani in 2015 wttc match, even fang bo admitted that he won because he knew ZJK very well and that he was not playing at his best.

Its a whole different thing to say "I lost because of injury" than saying ML was simply better and i also had problems with my back at the samsonov match which caused me to be less mobile.

Nobody here is ZJK's doctor or ZJK himself, but for me at least , it was quite obvious he didnt have the same mobility from WTTTC 2012 and after. Maybe Im wrong, but I see many fans observing that also. The balls he reached in 2011 were insane, just like ma long did in the final yesterday, he never actually managed to keep that mobility.

You say excuses, I say facts. perspectives? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
where exactly did zhang blamed his injury?he admitted ma long was simply better in his FB page.

He used the words "back was triggered" boll and zhang have same kind of CHRONIC back injuries, these injuries basically never go away u can keep them contained but as far as I know u cant completely erase them

ZJK implied it though.

I'm well aware of that but, if he can get a shot injected back then, why not today too? That way he wouldn't have to worry about his back. Heck, take as much as he could so he could become the greatest ever in history.

That's why I said this is an excuse by ZJK, while admitting ML was the better one today, he implied that he could have done much better should his injury didn't worry him.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
one more thing, zhang jike was constantly in restraing from 2012. He played the olympics final injured as well, same for 2013 and 2014. It was triggered again vs mizutani in 2015 wttc match, even fang bo admitted that he won because he knew ZJK very well and that he was not playing at his best.

Its a whole different thing to say "I lost because of injury" than saying ML was simply better and i also had problems with my back at the samsonov match which caused me to be less mobile.

Nobody here is ZJK's doctor or ZJK himself, but for me at least , it was quite obvious he didnt have the same mobility from WTTTC 2012 and after. Maybe Im wrong, but I see many fans observing that also. The balls he reached in 2011 were insane, just like ma long did in the final yesterday, he never actually managed to keep that mobility.

You say excuses, I say facts. perspectives? :p

Nicely said. However, if we talk about mobility, have you seen the ground he covered in WC 2014, German Open, and also Kuwait Open? His mobility is just fine and sure as hell isn't abandoning him. It's just today, he wasn't up there with ML. ML's ability is beyond his expectation for today. Making him uncomfortable like ML against JM.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
So he said he COULD have done much better without the injury, I cant see the excuse here and im not being biased, especially when ZJK admits ML was simply better today. Hell even without an injury I strongly believe that if ZJK made the same choices he would still have lost 4-0 but maybe the points in sets would be a little different. Anyway history was written! All the other stuff dont matter anymore, want to see how he will handle himself after that loss

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Just finished watching the Womens team event. The Brazilian held on to Ding Nings hand a little longer than she was expecting at the end.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
So he said he COULD have done much better without the injury, I cant see the excuse here and im not being biased, especially when ZJK admits ML was simply better today. Hell even without an injury I strongly believe that if ZJK made the same choices he would still have lost 4-0 but maybe the points in sets would be a little different. Anyway history was written! All the other stuff dont matter anymore, want to see how he will handle himself after that loss

Yeah, lets just stop this pointless arguments. Let's hope they will meet again in WTTC 2017 and Olympic 2020 Final. It's not impossible for them to reach those competitions. XX and FZD are still nowhere near their level, imo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, lets just stop this pointless arguments. Let's hope they will meet again in WTTC 2017 and Olympic 2020 Final. It's not impossible for them to reach those competitions. XX and FZD are still nowhere near their level, imo

Whenever you tell me what you are smoking, I will try it out too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Xu Xin was playing quite well leading up to the Olympics and beating the selected players.

He can give Ma Long a pretty good challenge.

Either way they are compatriots and they appear to respect each other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Xu Xin was playing quite well leading up to the Olympics and beating the selected players.

He can give Ma Long a pretty good challenge.

Either way they are compatriots and they appear to respect each other.

I have little doubt in my mind that if you replaced Ma Long with Xu Xin and Zhang Jike with Fan Zhendong, the results would have been the same other than that I can't tell you who will win the final.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I have little doubt in my mind that if you replaced Ma Long with Xu Xin and Zhang Jike with Fan Zhendong, the results would have been the same other than that I can't tell you who will win the final.

lol. I made this exact statement to my wife last night.

Totally agree.

lyh

This user has no status.

lyh

This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 3 reviews
Congrats to ML!
He played with much more calm: he doesn't show signs of anger like before. I was surprised to see that he won most BH to BH rallies. I think that had effect on ZJK's confidence and made him pivot more. Ma Long managed to restrict ZJK's BH flicks pretty well by regularly serving to small BH corner (when ZJK expected to flick a FH short ball) and by varying the placement of his pushes quickly and deceptively. In that last set, he seems so push short heavier backspins to the middle and FH corner, so he tricked ZJK's short game. What do you guys think?