says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
we are playing table tennis, we are not arguing about race, I don,t care what people think, what Japanese think, and what Chinese think, I just know he at the moment plays well table tennis, his parent is Chinese , He chooses to be Japanese.
I am leaving this talking, it is no point to give comment about race.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
we are playing table tennis, we are not arguing about race, I don,t care what people think, what Japanese think, and what Chinese think, I just know he at the moment plays well table tennis, his parent is Chinese , He chooses to be Japanese.
I am leaving this talking, it is no point to give comment about race.

There is no need to debate this. Reasonable people know what you meant. People disagree on these things all the time. Yoass is just trying to make sure that other voices get heard.

This is Yu Harimoto /obviously he have changed his name too/. Zhang You from the video above looks much taller.

cache.php

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Indeed, why blabber about that silly notion of nation at all? Harimoto's victory is Harimoto's. It's not Sendai's. It's not Miyagi's feat. It's not Date Masamuni's. It's not Tokyo's, or Kantō's. Or Japan's. Or Asia's, or the Pacific's, or anything. These things are just not relevant, and usually if somebody starts going Nation! Nation! things start smelling badly very shortly after. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive. That may be me. I've been dealing with the aftermath of nationalist strife for many a year now, and have little patience with any form of nationalism to spare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Indeed, why blabber about that silly notion of nation at all? Harimoto's victory is Harimoto's. It's not Sendai's. It's not Miyagi's feat. It's not Date Masamuni's. It's not Tokyo's, or Kantō's. Or Japan's. Or Asia's, or the Pacific's, or anything. These things are just not relevant, and usually if somebody starts going Nation! Nation! things start smelling badly very shortly after. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive. That may be me. I've been dealing with the aftermath of nationalist strife for many a year now, and have little patience with any form of nationalism to spare.

+1 worded excellently. Thanks a million

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Poor me... completely forgot about this excellent event after watching live ML won the China Open. I was dumbstruck seeing how Harimoto defeated ML in such a dominant fashion. ML sometimes does get bad times (sad). And I was also shocked to see ZJK in the final. Lucky or not he was indeed coming back. He should have realized by now that TT is his bread and butter, not others (??), for his fame and fans. Even more shocking to me was Ito won against WMY. In my mind Miu's win in 2017 China Open was already a miracle. This time the 2018 China Open women champion WMY is a formidable player after she beat Ding Ning. I thought the Chinese women team already figured out Japanese women TT players then I realized I was wrong, AGAIN! I am so happy to be wrong and for the Japan Open champions. What a tournament!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Ain't no such thing. The Chinese are not a distinct species.

Let's all just not fall in the demagogue's trap concept of race. It has no basis in reality.

You cherry-picked on one line and took his entire post out of context!

Jamesmith's comment in full.
of-course he is Japanese, His parent is Chinese but he was born in Japan, life in Japan, his blood is Chinese but himself is Japanese. No matter what and who he is, he is a good player

Don't twist a fair comment into something negative. If you're sensitive abt certain things, that's your personal problem. Don't project it on others.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Conspiracy theory time: top Chines lost on purpose so that it will be evident that LGL needs to be the boss again.
Compelling with a Goon Squad flavor to it all, but Harimoto has also defeated non cnt top players like Boll, so Der_Eche isn't totally buying it.

The book should have great sales and I might buy the book if you write it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Conspiracy theory time: top Chines lost on purpose so that it will be evident that LGL needs to be the boss again.

Another one: after the HIDEOUS BETRAYAL of the FATHERLAND the ICONIC players were to be PUNISHED SEVERELY, but since they were UNTOUCHABLE while ON TOP they first needed to be BROUGHT DOWN, inconspicuously. The GREAT NATION did not FORGET their TREASONOUS LECHERY and once they have FADED OUT of PROMINENCE will be dealt with HARSHLY.

I've seen more than my share of autocratic regimes (wielding the knife of nationalistic sentiment whenever that comes in handy) and while the above line of reasoning makes me nigh physically sick, I would be less than surprised if the drama plays out like that over a longer period of time.

Reconciliation, return to grace and restoration of LGL's position, that would surprise me. Even if that happened it would not mend the damage done, anyway.

Sep 2016
Ahhhh Now I know what I said, in fact I have known this matter for a long time, Chinese table tennis TV also keeps telling how bad this Japanese boy and parent are, that is bad, nowadays people are too seriously about winning or losing, what is sport? they don,t know SPORTMANSHIP any more. I said that just to hope that people will promote table tennis, using this website to help each other. Now table tennis is not popular enough, a lot of TV and newspapers do not have any news about it, not showing it, not broadcast it. we have to do something ourselver to promote table tennis which giving us so much fun and joy. Whoever feel bad about what I said, I am sorry I did not upset anybody here on purpose. Hope everybody can try their best to help table tennis, don,t destory it or demange it
You cherry-picked on one line and took his entire post out of context!

Jamesmith's comment in full.

Don't twist a fair comment into something negative. If you're sensitive abt certain things, that's your personal problem. Don't project it on others.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
An excerpt from the 7th issue of Table Tennis World.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-06-20/doc-ihefphqk4068280.shtml
  刘国正点评:

在日本公开赛中,马龙输给张本智和。这场球给马龙、教练员和整个队伍都起到警醒的作用。张本智和的技术特点目前处在乒乓球发展的前沿,打球简单直接,非常主动,所有的球质量都非常高。

马龙最近比赛打得比较顺,输球对他来说不一定是坏事,可以提醒他要想打到2020东京奥运会,就要有一些改变和更新。虽然马龙现在竞技状态非常好,但对手对他的研究很透彻,和他打比赛时心态也会非常好,没有包袱。马龙如果只停留在目前的阶段,近期可以维持,但如果现在不进行改变,以后的挑战将会更大。马龙接下来的训练将会更有针对性,要在技术上加东西。
Liu Guozheng commented:

In the Japan Open, Ma Long lost to Harimoto. This loss gave Ma Long, the coaches and the entire team a wake-up call. The technical characteristics of Harimoto are currently at the forefront of the development of table tennis. They are simple and direct to play and are very active. All shots are of very high quality.

Ma Long had played relatively well recently. Losing the match is not necessarily a bad thing for him. It serves as a reminder that for him to reach the Tokyo Olympics 2020, there will be some changes and updates. Although Ma Long is very competitive now, but the opponent's research on him is very thorough, and their mentality when playing him will be very good, with no burden. If Ma Long only stays where he is now, he can maintain it in the near future, but if he does not make changes now, the challenges will be even greater. Ma Long's upcoming training will be more focused on adding stuff to his arsenal.