DHS fans unite!

I am surprised that Ma Long switched equipment that much. I am only aware of the time when he was using H3 on both sides of the blade. I am not aware he was using Nittaku and Tenergy at some point in the past. Those play very differently on the backhand side compared to H3. I am impressed that he is able to keep his playing level so high while changing equipment like that.
Ma Long hasn't changed his equipment for around 10 years already. Before that there were a lot of changes due to glue being different, balls being different several times.

Around 2013-2014 he started playing with DHS w968 and H3 both sides. 10 years without changing the equipment is a lot :)

For us mere mortals training is much more important than equipment for sure.

BTW I switched from TG2 NEO Commercial back to H3 (non NEO) Commercial and yeah, it's a bit less tacky, but nothing critical. Still same powerful loopkills and slow and spinny first shots.

TG2 NEO bubbled in around 3 weeks with my level of play and 1 layer of seamoon. Same goes with H3. One good enough tournament with 100+ top spin to top spin plays and the bubble appears.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
All lines of H3 aren't as tacky as before. I've tried Neo commercial, Neo provincial orange, Neo provincial blue, non-Neo provincial orange. All are slightly tacky.

The formula changed sometime in 2022. The 2021 batch is still very tacky.

TT11/Nittaku/DHS surprised me earlier this year when I got some Nittaku H3 Neo OS (NR-8701): as shiny as the old H3s and I think as tacky (didn't have some old shiny ones at hand to compare to only newer matte ones) but they were also heavier than my usual 39° H3s (around 50g to 51g cut vs 43g to 47g).
Hopefully I get these shiny ones again when I order stuff for the first half of the new season.

Btw.: anyone else noticed that the CNT H3 blue sponges seem to be less boosted i.e. no or barely visible pips in the last big tournaments or was this just WTT/YT video quality?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
TT11/Nittaku/DHS surprised me earlier this year when I got some Nittaku H3 Neo OS (NR-8701): as shiny as the old H3s and I think as tacky (didn't have some old shiny ones at hand to compare to only newer matte ones) but they were also heavier than my usual 39° H3s (around 50g to 51g cut vs 43g to 47g).
Hopefully I get these shiny ones again when I order stuff for the first half of the new season.

Btw.: anyone else noticed that the CNT H3 blue sponges seem to be less boosted i.e. no or barely visible pips in the last big tournaments or was this just WTT/YT video quality?
The Nittaku sheets are very high quality. Too bad there is no option to choose hardness, it would make the national and provincial H3s obsolete. And that probably explains why there is no choice for hardness.

I've seen CNT using different booster. Black Seamoon. Probably it's one of the reasons why the pips are less visible.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ma Long hasn't changed his equipment for around 10 years already. Before that there were a lot of changes due to glue being different, balls being different several times.

Around 2013-2014 he started playing with DHS w968 and H3 both sides. 10 years without changing the equipment is a lot :)

For us mere mortals training is much more important than equipment for sure.

BTW I switched from TG2 NEO Commercial back to H3 (non NEO) Commercial and yeah, it's a bit less tacky, but nothing critical. Still same powerful loopkills and slow and spinny first shots.

TG2 NEO bubbled in around 3 weeks with my level of play and 1 layer of seamoon. Same goes with H3. One good enough tournament with 100+ top spin to top spin plays and the bubble appears.
Oh....for 10 years he has used H3 on both sides. No wonder I am not aware of his earlier days when he was using various equipment. I have always thought that Ma Long is well known for being one of very few Chinese players who use H3 on both sides. Most most Chinese players have Butterfly (or ESN) on the backhand side.

Glad to see you like TG2 Neo and used it for a while. I have thought about trying TG2 or H2 at some point. Quite frankly, right now I am just trying to find Hurricane variants that are as sticky as before and stock up! You said recently regular H3 is still pretty tacky tacky?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Oh....for 10 years he has used H3 on both sides. No wonder I am not aware of his earlier days when he was using various equipment. I have always thought that Ma Long is well known for being one of very few Chinese players who use H3 on both sides. Most most Chinese players have Butterfly (or ESN) on the backhand side.
H3 - 37 was basically made for Ma Long at first.
then it came out for every one else to buy.

I know DHS tried a few other formulas (sponges) but the 37 Deg for H3 pretty much took over.
DHS has been trying very hard to win BH rubber market share from other brands.

Reactions: matzreenzi
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I recently decided to pull the trigger and get some DHS #15 to see if it would actually make a difference. I normally use tearmender because it is cheap and easy to peel, but all the rubbers I glued with #15 feel much better now (3 layers on rubber, 1-2 on blade), I tried Glayzer, Golden Tango, Hexer HD, G1 and they are all affording a meatier and springier response. Have I really just been missing out all this time by being cheap?

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
H3 - 37 was basically made for Ma Long at first.
then it came out for every one else to buy.

I know DHS tried a few other formulas (sponges) but the 37 Deg for H3 pretty much took over.
DHS has been trying very hard to win BH rubber market share from other brands.
Got it. I have always used DHS H3 neo 39 degree from TT11 because that's the only degree offered at TT11. I am used to it. Like it on the forehand side.

For backhand, I have Stiga Genesis on two blades. Impression. Heavy. But it actually is catapulty to some degree and I know because the other side is H3 neo. Stiga Genesis from the way it is constructed and the sponge color, I am 99% sure it is Stiga outsourced to DHS. That's why it is heavy. As a backhand rubber it is work. Obviously not as catapulty compared to Tenergy and Revoluation series but I can feel it. Maybe the catapult effect is more inline with the Fastarc series.

Stiga Genesis was originally marketed as a hybrid rubber. The top sheet is super tacky in the beginning but lose most tackiness within 2 weeks.

So DHS apparently is capable of producing a catapulty rubber that loses tackiness pretty quickly. I don't know why DHS does not produce more catapulty rubber in general!

One of the day I will try H3 37 degree. But not now. I am happy with ESN rubber on the backhand side so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I recently decided to pull the trigger and get some DHS #15 to see if it would actually make a difference. I normally use tearmender because it is cheap and easy to peel, but all the rubbers I glued with #15 feel much better now (3 layers on rubber, 1-2 on blade), I tried Glayzer, Golden Tango, Hexer HD, G1 and they are all affording a meatier and springier response. Have I really just been missing out all this time by being cheap?
What is #15 sponge? Thanks for your answer ahead of time!

Jul 2014
DHS No 15 is superb. Also easy to remove. It's very difficult to buy the 500ml bottle recently :cry:
I noticed that when I was looking at different stores, but I was able to score a 500ml bottle off of eBay. It wasn't cheap at $50 when I can get around the same amount of glue paying less than $20 when I get tearmender, but its cheaper than paying 20-30 for 100ml of Finezip.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I once bought Stiga Attach Power glue, it's basically a rebranded Finezip. If you can get that cheaper go for it over Finezip if you like it.
My problem with that Stiga glue was that it spoiled in its tube.

The DHS and Revolution and so far the Winion are great, they don't spoil at all. DHS might be the hardest to deal with out of this trio (and Winion the least possible to get) but for Chinese rubbers I find Revolution to be not that great. Revolution claims they give a boost effect after 3-4-5 layers... I don't feel it. But compared to Revolution the Winion and DHS have some boost. Or I would say Revolution absorbs energy while the other 2 doesn't as much.

When I remove the glue from a rubber Revolution is OK after a certain layers, but it doesn't stretch that much. At a "not too high" stretch point it tears. The Winion or DHS is very forgiving and I feel like with hard Chinese rubbers this forgiveness or "give" or "yield" is beneficial.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I once bought Stiga Attach Power glue, it's basically a rebranded Finezip. If you can get that cheaper go for it over Finezip if you like it.
My problem with that Stiga glue was that it spoiled in its tube.

The DHS and Revolution and so far the Winion are great, they don't spoil at all. DHS might be the hardest to deal with out of this trio (and Winion the least possible to get) but for Chinese rubbers I find Revolution to be not that great. Revolution claims they give a boost effect after 3-4-5 layers... I don't feel it. But compared to Revolution the Winion and DHS have some boost. Or I would say Revolution absorbs energy while the other 2 doesn't as much.

When I remove the glue from a rubber Revolution is OK after a certain layers, but it doesn't stretch that much. At a "not too high" stretch point it tears. The Winion or DHS is very forgiving and I feel like with hard Chinese rubbers this forgiveness or "give" or "yield" is beneficial.
i could get the 280ml bottle of Winion incl tax and delivery for roughly US$ 20 from Ali.
I might do this later, at this stage I ordered the Loki glue, it probably all comes out of the same big barrel anyway.
This is less than half the price of the winion

Sc9bf040ae6e24572a8d82871407f1a590.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
i could get the 280ml bottle of Winion incl tax and delivery for roughly US$ 20 from Ali.
I might do this later, at this stage I ordered the Loki glue, it probably all comes out of the same big barrel anyway.
This is less than half the price of the winion

Sc9bf040ae6e24572a8d82871407f1a590.jpg
This also looks like a Haifu or Winion glue but this should be technically called a speedglue. I don't judge you man, you can and probably should use it just letting you know,

Reactions: JJ Ng and lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This also looks like a Haifu or Winion glue but this should be technically called a speedglue. I don't judge you man, you can and probably should use it just letting you know,
i got some old rubbers and can try it out.
I got a blue bottle of D that was recommended by africa-Tony and that sure is the speeeedy stuff but this stuff is just advertised as adhesive only
Ohhhhh, got it. I see it on a smaller bottle on TT11. I am wondering if I should get it. I should give it a try. I have tried Donic, Neottec and Revolution 3 glues. Might as well try DHS glue too. Thanks!
if you going to get a lot of rubbers from TT11 you might as well get a tube of the #15 glue.
BTW postage for 3 neo and 3 H3 to canada is CAD 35 😁
Good old sticky stuff.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
DHS rubber.jpeg

Ok, please see the above the photo. Both rubbers got treated with two layers of Haifu National Yellow. The one the curved up in a ridiculous way is an old old H3 neo rubber. The one that curved up barely is a new sheet.

I really think the glue that comes with each sheet of new H3 neo interferes with the booster going into the sponge.

The junk on the side is the old glue that I took off the old H3 neo rubber. It took a lot of effort to get that thick layer of glue off so I can boost the rubber again.

I will see how they play tomorrow once the rubbers get attached to their respective new blades.

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
View attachment 25756
Ok, please see the above the photo. Both rubbers got treated with two layers of Haifu National Yellow. The one the curved up in a ridiculous way is an old old H3 neo rubber. The one that curved up barely is a new sheet.

I really think the glue that comes with each sheet of new H3 neo interferes with the booster going into the sponge.

The junk on the side is the old glue that I took off the old H3 neo rubber. It took a lot of effort to get that thick layer of glue off so I can boost the rubber again.

I will see how they play tomorrow once the rubbers get attached to their respective new blades.
The old one look good

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The old one look good
Yes the old one looks good.

The new one. I am just dreading having to break that one in. But I am running out of the old H3 neo so it is time for me to open the package and start boosting the new one.

Like I said, I have been boosting these old H3 neo and I love the way these old H3 neo plays. The sponge feels soft but yet bouncey at the same time. Looping is so much fun!!!!

Including this new sheet, I am breaking in three H3 neo right now. After a few months, I cannot wait to tear them down and try to get the glue off and boost again! that's when the H3 neo will come alive!

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Yes the old one looks good.

The new one. I am just dreading having to break that one in. But I am running out of the old H3 neo so it is time for me to open the package and start boosting the new one.

Like I said, I have been boosting these old H3 neo and I love the way these old H3 neo plays. The sponge feels soft but yet bouncey at the same time. Looping is so much fun!!!!

Including this new sheet, I am breaking in three H3 neo right now. After a few months, I cannot wait to tear them down and try to get the glue off and boost again! that's when the H3 neo will come alive!
I don't play the commercial one now, too soft for me, 40.5/41 is what I'm playing with . Always have at least 2 , one for backup.