Dignics 05 (un-)replaceable?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
From what i have read and see it seems like Dignics 05 is at the top of rubbers (amongst some others of course).
For most of them there is an alternative / a way to replace them and coming very close in terms of characteristics.
It seems to be the "grippiest" rubber and non sticky.
Enough speed with correct technique.
Hard and controlled.
Low Arc that hides spin.

Price: 80 Euro

I couldnt find anything that fulfills most if not all criteria.

Can someone help?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
From what i have read and see it seems like Dignics 05 is at the top of rubbers (amongst some others of course).
For most of them there is an alternative / a way to replace them and coming very close in terms of characteristics.
Hard and controlled.
Low Arc that hides spin.

Can someone help?
I think Nittaku Z2 is very similar. I think Nexy rubbers are also quite similar and good.

I think Nittaku Z2 is very similar. I think Nexy rubbers are also quite similar and good.
😂No no, Z2 is more like a slightly boosted Rakza 7, nothing like dignics.

Cheers
L-zr

Hard and controlled.
Low Arc that hides spin.

Can someone help?
A boosted Glayser maybe?

Cheers
L-zr

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
A boosted Glayser maybe?

Cheers
L-zr
I think regular Glayzer is already too soft, boosting may make it spin a bit easier but I'd be afraid it would become mushy and vague if it were any softer. G09C on the other hand I think would benefit a lot from boosting especially for backhand usage.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I think regular Glayzer is already too soft, boosting may make it spin a bit easier but I'd be afraid it would become mushy and vague if it were any softer. G09C on the other hand I think would benefit a lot from boosting especially for backhand usage.
Mine has one layer of FTL and plays much better IMO, as does Rozena.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
If we talking about feeling and quality of the topsheet there is really nothing "the same" as butterfly rubbers.
But many of players can find some kind of similarities in different brands products, thats okay.
Maybe you can try out tenergy 19 - it is softer sponge, cheaper than D05, but has very good spin/grip, low throw plus direct feeling - and it has the same topsheet as D05

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
If we talking about feeling and quality of the topsheet there is really nothing "the same" as butterfly rubbers.
But many of players can find some kind of similarities in different brands products, thats okay.
Maybe you can try out tenergy 19 - it is softer sponge, cheaper than D05, but has very good spin/grip, low throw plus direct feeling - and it has the same topsheet as D05
Pimple structure of T19 is different to that of T05.
topsheet of T19 = topsheet of D05?? Surely it would have been called D19!!?? with the price tag as well !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
First time I hear about the MX-S, the reviews point in that direction.
I heard about the MX-P that the booster wears of quickly and it loses grip and power.
How true ist that and applyable to the MX-S.
Is there a point in boosting them after or before?

On first glance though, it looks attractive and I could give it a try.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Pimple structure of T19 is different to that of T05.
topsheet of T19 = topsheet of D05?? Surely it would have been called D19!!?? with the price tag as well !!
The same in not direct meaning of it, but more in a hardness of topsheet way, and pimple structure of T19 gives little bit similar direct feeling of D05; it’s noticeably harder than T05 closer to D05.

But of course, in a world that we live in, to be called dignics you you have to be dignics only and must cost 80 euro 😁
It’s just cheaper, some sort of alternative, from BTY

Some pros, for example, Kirill Gerasimenko, using D05 one side, and T19 another, and from his words, he like to twiddle some times, and it gives him pretty similar feelings. And again if the OP looking for similar characteristics, or game properties/feeling, it’s better to stick with a brand, that he is using like the reference

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
First time I hear about the MX-S, the reviews point in that direction.
I heard about the MX-P that the booster wears of quickly and it loses grip and power.
How true ist that and applyable to the MX-S.
Is there a point in boosting them after or before?

On first glance though, it looks attractive and I could give it a try.

MX-S has a reputation as being among the most durable German-made rubbers available. It certainly will last longer, and retain more consistent playing characteristics for longer, than MX-P. It doesn't need to be boosted.

Here's a good review of the MX-S: https://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-evolution-mx-s/

Also worth mentioning that MX-S is usually available in the '4 for the price of 3' section at TT11. So, if you can find a friend or two to order any other rubbers from that section at the same time, you can get a sheet or two of MX-S at a very good price. See here: https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/buy3get4

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
MX-S has a reputation as being among the most durable German-made rubbers available. It certainly will last longer, and retain more consistent playing characteristics for longer, than MX-P. It doesn't need to be boosted.

Here's a good review of the MX-S: https://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-evolution-mx-s/

Also worth mentioning that MX-S is usually available in the '4 for the price of 3' section at TT11. So, if you can find a friend or two to order any other rubbers from that section at the same time, you can get a sheet or two of MX-S at a very good price. See here: https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/buy3get4
does it have durability similar to the Fastarc G1?
my G1 lasted 6-7 months at 2 hours play daily.