Upgrading my Nittaku Fastarc G1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
D05 lasts for a really long time
That would be the obvious "upgrade". Or perhaps Tenergy 19?

Regarding the lifespan of ESN-rubbers - my experience is that the Fast Arc G1 is the odd one out and that, for some reason, the sponge don't die as fast and brutal as other ESN-rubbers with similar hardness. Maybe not as boosted from factory?

Reactions: blahness

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Nothing is like H3 for serving (or other tacky rubbers)…
But it’s mostly about the players technique.

Cheers
L-zr
Maybe I do something wrong, but... usually with tacky rubbers you want to have a brushing contact to take advantage of the sticky top sheet.
With tensor rubbers you might want to engage the sponge a little to get grip that way. Or a combination of the two above.
Now with Stiga DG the sponge is so hard that is difficult to engage (at least for me) with serves. Probably Tibhar hybrid MK doesn't have that problem because the sponge is not so hard.

Actually, the tackiness gives You more advantage in the slow game. and slow loops A grippy rubber is almost as good for brushing for fast hits. Tibhar hybrid MK is not too hard to engage. Its easier than H3 39 for sure.
So it is good for both engaging and brushing. I have been working on fixing my FH so Tibhar hybrid MK was a bit too fast but I will most likely return to it eventually...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
That would be the obvious "upgrade". Or perhaps Tenergy 19?

Regarding the lifespan of ESN-rubbers - my experience is that the Fast Arc G1 is the odd one out and that, for some reason, the sponge don't die as fast and brutal as other ESN-rubbers with similar hardness. Maybe not as boosted from factory?
Yes that is good too.

Fastarc G1 is also quite popular where I play. The penholder I played recently who had really good serves and spinny af loops on both wings used Fastarc G1. I couldn't believe it at first but it's true... maybe it's more about the technique than the rubber.

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hey Cadoia,
I've read your posts before you deleted them :)
Don't be afraid of your opinions :)

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Hey Cadoia,
I've read your posts before you deleted them :)
Don't be afraid of your opinions :)
Deleted them because I had an insane experience I cant explain. Well ill try.
I have my own martial arts Dojo next to my house where I teach many classes in the mornings. In the afternoons its TT time instead. I had some loooong matches that evening and was tired. Finally the rubbers arrived after 1.5 months of waiting that night. (first pair of sheets got stolen by customs. I live in south america. Im scandinavian). Spend the evening gluing and regluing the G1 on wifes racket and K3 on mine. Skipped dinner. It was getting dark. I wanted to test it out. We played. I swear to god it felt like a DHS rubber to me. totally dead. not even much spin. After 20 min I just dropped it and got so disappointed. I was like wtf? all the reviews? Am I insane? the G1 is way better etc.
This morning I was still upset. finally I had some time today to try it out again. I think I must have been hallucinating yesterday because its just not the same rubber today. I washed it. cleaned it. maybe some layer of something got off? I have no explanation for this but its completely different now. Its fast spinny and amazing. better than my G1. best setup I ever had so far. I dont know what happened last night but its not even slightly close to being the same experience. Maybe I was too tired to engage the sponge late at night? dont know.
1 take home message I had was to not evaluate anything in just 20 min. and give it a chance to be played in I guess. And especially if your tired and hungry dont use it. Despite that I am still tripping on how different it feels now.
I still feel insane haha.
So thats the story :)
still learning here.
p.s. another thing. after my own personal experience I realize several things about listening to others when they recommend and dont recommend equipment:

1) people are often emotional and not actually able to neutrally observe the experience and usage of the equipment. In my case, expectations followed by disappointment.
2) some rubbers and blades actually require a really good player to appreciate. I suspect there are too many low level players having high level opinions about equipment they shouldnt even use. In my case I couldnt feel the K3 and it was shit because of ME. Today with fresh new energy I can see what it can do when I actually go for it and play proper.
3) this is what makes me suspicious about those cheap chinese rubbers and blades. (I bought some to test out when they arrive) I think lower level players cant feel a difference. How many high level players are out there recommending some 10$ rubber? Or a 30$ blade? I truly hope they exist as I hope these cheaper options actually do what people say they do. But I dont know the level of these people and their play.
Thats why I will try it out for myself and ordered few blades and rubbers.

Anyways, long story short, one need to try only take advice from experienced people when it comes to choosing equipment.

Last edited:

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Deleted them because I had an insane experience I cant explain. Well ill try.
I have my own martial arts Dojo next to my house where I teach many classes in the mornings. In the afternoons its TT time instead. I had some loooong matches that evening and was tired. Finally the rubbers arrived after 1.5 months of waiting that night. (first pair of sheets got stolen by customs. I live in south america. Im scandinavian). Spend the evening gluing and regluing the G1 on wifes racket and K3 on mine. Skipped dinner. It was getting dark. I wanted to test it out. We played. I swear to god it felt like a DHS rubber to me. totally dead. not even much spin. After 20 min I just dropped it and got so disappointed. I was like wtf? all the reviews? Am I insane? the G1 is way better etc.
This morning I was still upset. finally I had some time today to try it out again. I think I must have been hallucinating yesterday because its just not the same rubber today. I washed it. cleaned it. maybe some layer of something got off? I have no explanation for this but its completely different now. Its fast spinny and amazing. better than my G1. best setup I ever had so far. I dont know what happened last night but its not even slightly close to being the same experience. Maybe I was too tired to engage the sponge late at night? dont know.
1 take home message I had was to not evaluate anything in just 20 min. and give it a chance to be played in I guess. And especially if your tired and hungry dont use it. Despite that I am still tripping on how different it feels now.
I still feel insane haha.
So thats the story :)
still learning here.
p.s. another thing. after my own personal experience I realize several things about listening to others when they recommend and dont recommend equipment:

1) people are often emotional and not actually able to neutrally observe the experience and usage of the equipment. In my case, expectations followed by disappointment.
2) some rubbers and blades actually require a really good player to appreciate. I suspect there are too many low level players having high level opinions about equipment they shouldnt even use. In my case I couldnt feel the K3 and it was shit because of ME. Today with fresh new energy I can see what it can do when I actually go for it and play proper.
3) this is what makes me suspicious about those cheap chinese rubbers and blades. (I bought some to test out when they arrive) I think lower level players cant feel a difference. How many high level players are out there recommending some 10$ rubber? Or a 30$ blade? I truly hope they exist as I hope these cheaper options actually do what people say they do. But I dont know the level of these people and their play.
Thats why I will try it out for myself and ordered few blades and rubbers.

Anyways, long story short, one need to try only take advice from experienced people when it comes to choosing equipment.
At least I'm happy you don't feel like you wasted your money anymore. Possible explanations are:
1) You were just tired and hungry
2) Some rubbers may need a running-in period for the sponge
3) Some rubbers may need some oxygenation for the top sheet

In general as for reviews, personal technique and preferences need to be taken into account, so yes I agree that they need to be taken with a pinch of salt and filtered, but that's part of the fun as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
At least I'm happy you don't feel like you wasted your money anymore. Possible explanations are:
1) You were just tired and hungry
2) Some rubbers may need a running-in period for the sponge
3) Some rubbers may need some oxygenation for the top sheet

In general as for reviews, personal technique and preferences need to be taken into account, so yes I agree that they need to be taken with a pinch of salt and filtered, but that's part of the fun as well.
Yes agree.... we need to keep this fun. Its why we play TT in the first place ;)
As a former national champion in karate I can say as soon as things gets serious it totally changes everything on how you go about things. The joy goes out the window. And my tendency is to go overboard on things so I need to remind myself to just chill and have fun.
Just got back from 2 more matches(people come all the time). Control is less than G1 or I just need to get used to it or im simply not good enough for it.
Do I feel I wasted my money? right now no. But still love the G1 very much. As it is right now I have no problem playing out its lifetime.
All I know is this: Im playing a former pro here and he can beat me with a 20$ racket. Equipment is fun but I think I need to focus a bit more on just having fun with the game as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
All I know is this: Im playing a former pro here and he can beat me with a 20$ racket. Equipment is fun but I think I need to focus a bit more on just having fun with the game as well.
My coaches can beat me easily with 10 year old rubbers that barely grip the ball. I've also seen an advanced player here win an entire tournament against high-intermediate players with a 5$ premade racket. Equipment really doesn't make that much of a difference before you are an actually decent player. EJing is fun though!

Reactions: Cadoia