Hurricane Long V Vs. DHS W997 Vs. DHS 968

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Hello guys, I own the HL V blade and I really liked it. Today I found out there were National versions of it. I just wanted to know if anyone has played with them. What do you think about these blades specially the national ones. Also there's 2 versions of the 968 which one is better blue or dark gray? Etc.
lastly, what store is reliable to buy these blades at? Ttnpp? What other?
Thanks.

Blade: Hurricane Long V
Rubbers: H3 neo provincial blue sponge FH
H3 Neo provincial BH

This user has no status.
Hello guys, I own the HL V blade and I really liked it. Today I found out there were National versions of it. I just wanted to know if anyone has played with them. What do you think about these blades specially the national ones. Also there's 2 versions of the 968 which one is better blue or dark gray? Etc.
Thanks.

H3 Neo provincial BH

I've got a HL5. I love it...I'm torn between it and my Zhang Jike SZLC. Seems I can do a bit more with the HL5 but the SZLC feels a bit better to me. I tried to find a W997 but the site I was going to buy from ran out. I don't think they are going to be making them for long if they haven't stopped production already. Might be out of luck on that one. On the other hand the 968 is picking up steam. But it's costly, my source, who has not failed yet, puts the price at over $400 (US).

Thanks.

H3 Neo provincial BH

W968 with dark gray handle is the 1st edition and blue handle is the 2nd edition.

As mentioned by Old School, the W9XX blades sold by TTNPP are replicas. You can search for Chen Chen's posts in this forum to differentiate between the real and replica W968.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
w968 for the new ball, and w997 almost the same but not close, hurricane ma long 5 is commerical version :) i played with them all . w968 produces more power. that is my main blade and w997 i use it for multi balls and training. :)

more evangelical truths on why I don't like these blades...
I wrote these some time ago so who knows what is written there lol :cool:

http://pingpongclassics.blogspot.com/2015/10/dhs-hurricane-long-v-w986-w997-truth.html

http://pingpongclassics.blogspot.com/2015/10/dhs-hurricane-long-v-w968-w997-exposed.html

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
w968 for the new ball, and w997 almost the same but not close, hurricane ma long 5 is commerical version :) i played with them all . w968 produces more power. that is my main blade and w997 i use it for multi balls and training. :)

Thank you all for answering.
So TT4life please answer your PM.
I've read you play with the w968 is it the first or second version? Do you have both and what is the difference?
Also, where did you get it from? Is it real the pictures with the computer letters and printed letters?
Thanks.

i have both, never play the 1st version . i sold it to a good friend back then since i have 2 of w997. jus the handle is different plus the w968 is bigger in diameter. :) they all super fast blade off ++. i played the hl5 too before i could get a hold of w997 was pretty good but compare to w997 or w968 was day and night.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
i have both, never play the 1st version . i sold it to a good friend back then since i have 2 of w997. jus the handle is different plus the w968 is bigger in diameter. :) they all super fast blade off ++. i played the hl5 too before i could get a hold of w997 was pretty good but compare to w997 or w968 was day and night.

Ok according to TTnpp the weight is different 1st version in the high 80s and 2nd mid 90s so is it because they are replicas. Where did you get your paddles from?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
You guys are looking way too much into this. The Hurricane Long blades are great quality product, but all this top secret national version with the letter W is not something worth x2 x3 times the price, nor is going to magically make you a better player. I'm happy I got one on heavy discount but I'm going to be honest here, I wouldn't have shed that much money if it was sold for 3 digits.

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
You guys are looking way too much into this. The Hurricane Long blades are great quality product, but all this top secret national version with the letter W is not something worth x2 x3 times the price, nor is going to magically make you a better player. I'm happy I got one on heavy discount but I'm going to be honest here, I wouldn't have shed that much money if it was sold for 3 digits.

I agree with you I noticed the Hurricane long V was 150 quite steep but still good. And the national versions 190 which is a reasonable price that I would be willing to pay.