All to All+ looping blade for a child who is starting to play

Hi, any advise on an All to All+ blade for a child who is starting to play.

A couple of requirements:
1. No more than $40
2. All wood, not fast, but not super slow.
3. Weight no more than 75g
4. Preferably limba outer layer as it gives more feeling and usually limba is good for looping.
5. Decent quality/size handle, not looking for a small one necessarily, will only get FL. My son felt very comfortable with my Viscaria in his hand.

The ones I am looking at right now are:
1. Andro Novacell All/S (This one looks interesting, but not much info on it)
2. Yasaka Sweden Extra
3. Stiga Allaround Classic
4. Xiom Allaround S

Suggestions with why would be very welcome. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Check out gewo stuff. Handles are thin, head sizes are compact and frankly they are good quality blades with good prices.
A lot kids using gewo in our club and I'm impressed with gewo allround and off- blades.

Reactions: yoass and Basten4
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
yasaka sweden classic
Don't know about the layers etc but it's an incredible blade with great feeling and is great for learning the game.

Check out gewo stuff. Handles are thin, head sizes are compact and frankly they are good quality blades with good prices.
A lot kids using gewo in our club and I'm impressed with gewo allround and off- blades.

Good advise.
Gewo makes good rubber (I use it), I have heard good things about their blades, but they are a bit heavier, and I would have to order them separately because TT11 doesn't sell the blades for some reason.
But I have heard that Gewo blades are quality!
Anyway, I already went with Andro, thanks everyone.

Reactions: tsubasa
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think donic has a blade designed for a kid's hand

Yogi, sometimes your contributions surprise me, with OP's remarks that triggered them in mind. In this case considering "not looking for a small one", "very comfortable with my Viscaria" against "has a blade designed for a kid's hand" is the stunner.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Theres probably people better skilled and knowledgable on here than myself but I wouldn't go for the Yasaka Sweden Extra - I bought one a while back to try and refine my strokes with a slower blade and really didn't like it, felt heavy and unbalanced, not nice in the hand and didn't seem to have consistent feeling. Its Koto outer I believe so not Limba as you mentioned.

I would go for Butterfly if you can - I think there handles usually feel smaller and the Grubba and Primorac are great blades for looping and learning. The Donic appelgren is decent too.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Theres probably people better skilled and knowledgable on here than myself but I wouldn't go for the Yasaka Sweden Extra - I bought one a while back to try and refine my strokes with a slower blade and really didn't like it, felt heavy and unbalanced, not nice in the hand and didn't seem to have consistent feeling. Its Koto outer I believe so not Limba as you mentioned.

I would go for Butterfly if you can - I think there handles usually feel smaller and the Grubba and Primorac are great blades for looping and learning. The Donic appelgren is decent too.

Anegre is the YSE's outer. I like that blade a lot, but then again, Limba lovers should probably go elsewhere.

Not sure how or why this "small handle size" thing is gearing up, with OP mentioning the Viscaria's handle as a snug one. That's not a thin handle, folks.

Just to sum it all up, I got Andro Novacell All/S.
Got it at 72g. Put my old Big Dipper on FH and Rasanter R47 on BH.
Played with it for about 15 min yesterday, and the blade feels very nice. My normal blade is Viscaria with H3 Neo on FH and Gewo EL Pro 48 on BH, and with Andro blade w/ R47 the setup felt very good for me, with plenty of speed and great control. Yes, Big Dipper is a bit too slow for this blade, but R47 felt great on both sides.

As for my son today, he loved Big Dipper on FH, I think Andro felt a bit too fast for him (not surprised, just didn't have slower red rubbers, maybe Rakza 7?), I need to get a much slower tensor for his BH.
He is in the beginning stages of developing his stroke, but was able to put decent top spin with Big Dipper. Handle felt very comfortable for both him and me, but the blade is a bit too light for my liking, something like 172g.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Indeed it's seems to be difficult to play rubbers. I forgot what are the equivalent rating but i think I play around USATT 1500 - 1600 and i'm an adult, but i play with rakza 7 on my BH so an even harder rubber for a child seems quite difficult.
Also I don't know big dipper but it's a semi hard tensor tacky rubber no ? Also may be difficult to play

Usually for a kid i see advised easy tensor around 38° to 40°. Even sometimes non tensor like tibhar vari spin or mark V GPS. If you go tensor why not acuda S3 in 1.8mm, i played it and liked it a lot.

I remember that for a while, stiga all around classic + rakza 7 soft in 2mm was too fast for me. So for a developing child it may be good to really step down what he uses :)

Last edited:
Yogi, sometimes your contributions surprise me, with OP's remarks that triggered them in mind. In this case considering "not looking for a small one", "very comfortable with my Viscaria" against "has a blade designed for a kid's hand" baffle is the stunner.

oppss overlooked the last requiremeent

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Indeed it's seems to be difficult to play rubbers. I forgot what are the equivalent rating but i think I play around USATT 1500 - 1600 and i'm an adult, but i play with rakza 7 on my BH so an even harder rubber for a child seems quite difficult.
Also I don't know big dipper but it's a semi hard tensor tacky rubber no ? Also may be difficult to play

Usually for a kid i see advised easy tensor around 38° to 40°. Even sometimes non tensor like tibhar vari spin or mark V GPS. If you go tensor why not acuda S3 in 1.8mm, i played it and liked it a lot.

I remember that for a while, stiga all around classic + rakza 7 soft in 2mm was too fast for me. So for a developing child it may be good to really step down what he uses :)

That is the advice a pundit would pretty much give, for good, tried and true reasons, but it really depends on what the kid is trying to do for growing and who/how is coaching them.

I am all for the progression of basic training with ALL+ wood blades, then when level and foundation is there, move to equipment more suited to what kid does/will do...

… but I also see many high level coaches start kids out with the BANG-BANG equipment, (Think FAST OFF or OFF+ blades and fast modern rubbers) train them in its use right away, and at some point, the kid is a Bang-Bang fast exchange preferring kind of player and does it well.

Reactions: Wister
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have not seen the high level coaches worry too much about the bat overall weight... many of the young warriors training in Bay Area with 2600-2800 USATT level coaches start out immediately with Viscaria H3 and T05... it is like the standard issue equipment for those kind of coaches. Weight of that setup is around 190 grams... so many adults complain about that kind of weight, but you never see the kids be really hampered, many of those kids make 2000 in a few years, and many crack 2300 before they are old enough to have a date as a young teen.

If anyone is REALLY so worried about the weight, just get a 1 dollar protractor-compass, draw a pencil line 1 or 2 mm from the edge of the blade all around, then slowly use a wood file to shave the thing down... I would say start with just 1 mm and see how it goes. Finish with sand paper by hand.

At the end of an hour, you have a totally hand-crafted customized blade fit for a kid... you might have even improved the balance.

You lose a few grams of weight from the blade, but even more grams from the reduced space of the rubbers.
It is worth trying on any blade, but of course one would feel easier doing that with a $40 USD Stiga Allround Evolution or similar blade to reduce risk or error.

says Thank you for the great info! I really appreciate it!!!
Jul 2019
Get Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V2 ( good for control), straight handle good for smaller hand. 5 ply wood very good blade, excellent reviews. This blade exactly meets your requirements. You can get some not expensive rubbers made by Palio like CJ800 on aliexpress. If you decide to get different rubbers for each side then get a little bit harder for forehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuba Hajto
Jul 2019
With all due respect, new players should develop proper techniques and not to rely on "bang-bang" equipment that cost hundreds of $$$. I believe, the most accomplished and consistent team is from China and kids there start with 5 ply ALL or ALL+ wood semi soft blade with some flex to develop good feeling and put $5-10 rubbers on them, forehand rubber is few degrees harder then backhand, and using this set up for years and doing just fine. It's pity that some highly rated coaches pushing really expensive equipment that suited for advanced players on someone new players in the sport who can't handle it. There are a lot good options on the market like Donic Applegren Allplay Senso V2 (extra control oriented), Stiga Allround, Yasaka Allround. Any of them you can buy for around $40. Pair it with some not expensive rubbers made by Palio (CJ800 or AK47 40+ yellow) or some 729 rubbers and you'd get very nice setup to start. See if new player likes the sport and willing to work to develop the game first before going on the spending spree :cool: