Just tried a H3Neo, so disappointed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I used to have a old H2 rubber, and it was really slow. The ball would barely bounce off the blade, so I really didnt like it. But everybody seems to love and praise H3Neo. So I thought maybe my 1 sheet of H2 was bad, or maybe the Neo really makes a big difference in the rubber, so I bought a H3Neo to tryout. I am SOOO disappointed. It has the same problem as the H2. It is unbelievably slow to me, and the ball barely comes off the racket. I see Revspin give it a 8.4 speed rating, but to me, it should be more like a 7.5 speed rating. Recently Ive been playing with Big Dipper and Tornado V5, but both of these rubbers feel way more lively than the H3Neo. Why is H3 so popular? What do people like about it?

Reactions: ADurao
This user has no status.
I used to have a old H2 rubber, and it was really slow. The ball would barely bounce off the blade, so I really didnt like it. But everybody seems to love and praise H3Neo. So I thought maybe my 1 sheet of H2 was bad, or maybe the Neo really makes a big difference in the rubber, so I bought a H3Neo to tryout. I am SOOO disappointed. It has the same problem as the H2. It is unbelievably slow to me, and the ball barely comes off the racket. I see Revspin give it a 8.4 speed rating, but to me, it should be more like a 7.5 speed rating. Recently Ive been playing with Big Dipper and Tornado V5, but both of these rubbers feel way more lively than the H3Neo. Why is H3 so popular? What do people like about it?

H3 without adjustment is suitable for beginners, but the advanced player will definitely use adjustment with a booster. Then it's a completely different rubber. There is always something for something ...

says Rozena! You complete me.
H2 & H3 et al are very linear rubber, you get what you put in. If your FH stroke is half-hearted without full commitment, you get slow lazy response from it. If you really engage and give it all you got ( full swing with good follow through ), you see magic happens before your eyes.

Occasionally, when I am feeling lively and perky, I will dust off my old H2 / H3 rubber and bring her out for a spin or two. It will usually bring a smile to my face when those very low angle ( almost toughing the net ), fast and spinny loop is engaged. Alas, as age is catching up, I am less physically capable of continuous use of such demanding rubber.

NB: My H2/H3 rubber when I bounce the ball on it, it is like a metal ball sticking to a magnet. There is hardly any bounce at all. And that, to me, is what I love about em tacky rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Also, not only is the H3 slow, but it seems like the bounce is different depending on where it hits the rubber. Some spots are bouncier, and some are very dead.Â

Also, not only is the H3 slow, but it seems like the bounce is different depending on where it hits the rubber. Some spots are bouncier, and some are very dead.Â

This seems like a poor gluing skill than to do with the rubber.
Can anyone assist me, teach me how to upload a short MP4 video here. I want to illustrate something to Michael.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

This seems like a poor gluing skill than to do with the rubber.
Can anyone assist me, teach me how to upload a short MP4 video here. I want to illustrate something to Michael.

Â

You could upload to youtube and just link it.Â

Â

You could upload to youtube and just link it.Â

Look at the 21min20secs to 21mins35secs clip. This is the archetypal type of FH that must be engaged to use a "dead" chinese tacky rubber. But boy! It is a beauty when one does it successfully.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
H2 & H3 et al are very linear rubber, you get what you put in. If your FH stroke is half-hearted without full commitment, you get slow lazy response from it. If you really engage and give it all you got ( full swing with good follow through ), you see magic happens before your eyes.

Occasionally, when I am feeling lively and perky, I will dust off my old H2 / H3 rubber and bring her out for a spin or two. It will usually bring a smile to my face when those very low angle ( almost toughing the net ), fast and spinny loop is engaged. Alas, as age is catching up, I am less physically capable of continuous use of such demanding rubber.

NB: My H2/H3 rubber when I bounce the ball on it, it is like a metal ball sticking to a magnet. There is hardly any bounce at all. And that, to me, is what I love about em tacky rubber.

^This!
I might add that you most definitly lack the technique to hit propperly with it. Especially unboosted there is not much room for error here. If your topspin movement doesnt start from your legs and ends with a whipping upper-body to arm transition you wont perform a decent stroke with this rubber and i am pretty sure i told you this in a different thread already.

^This!
I might add that you most definitly lack the technique to hit propperly with it. Especially unboosted there is not much room for error here. If your topspin movement doesnt start from your legs and ends with a whipping upper-body to arm transition you wont perform a decent stroke with this rubber and i am pretty sure i told you this in a different thread already.

So, it would appear that it is not a case of equipment malfunction, but rather, the user incompatible skill-set my dear Watson.

Attitude, how about a like on my post. Kthxbye.

• Haha
Reactions: Attitude
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

^This!

What does this make me ??????
I am old , weak and have no special techniques but i sure never had a problem playing with H3 and Neos, boosted or un boosted
Lots of players always talk about the lack of speed of these rubbers but if one reads the factory blurb about the h3, they were never made for speed
but for playing close to the table . We are talking placement, control, chops and topspin shots etc .
And these rubbers are doing this perfectly

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I lent one of my paddles, with H3 NEO on it, to a friend so he could play because he forgot his paddle. I could see from the side that the cheap H3 Neo could generate a lot of spin. I could see the ball dive down due to the top spin. When playing against him I could see the arc of the ball but most importantly the ball would hit the table and then jump to my left. My opponent was a lefty and hit hit the ball relatively low and late so the ball also had some side spin to it. He was only playing 1 to 2 meter back from the table. This convinced me that H3 Neo can generate more than enough spin. It is a matter of technique.

H3 Neo unboosted is fast enough if you play close to the table.
H3 Neo will appear to last forever but it will go dead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Regarding consistency with Commercial grade H3 Neo, I agree, that there could be significant difference between different sheets of H3 Neo., however a new one out of the box should be quite good. In past, every H3 Neo that I bought rapidly lost tackiness and overall quality. Booster helped, but it is a time consuming process, And that is why I've been also looking for H3 Neo commercial alternatives that can offer similar benefits but with better durability and consistency. I'm thinking of giving a shot to Victas Triple double extra or the Xiom Vega X, (Experts, please pitch-in your experience with these as an H3 Neo alternative) Also, I feel that there are many duplicates of H3 Neo (I think, there are fake copies of even the cheaper orange sponge H3 Neo in the market), so buying from a reliable store is very important. I'm in no way affiliated to Tabletennis11 store in Estonia, but recently I ordered few stuff from them and one of the item was the commercial cheap orange sponge H3 Neo, and so far (after 4 hours of play) I think It's legit.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Regarding consistency with Commercial grade H3 Neo, I agree, that there could be significant difference between different sheets of H3 Neo., however a new one out of the box should be quite good. In past, every H3 Neo that I bought rapidly lost tackiness and overall quality. Booster helped, but it is a time consuming process, And that is why I've been also looking for H3 Neo commercial alternatives that can offer similar benefits but with better durability and consistency. I'm thinking of giving a shot to Victas Triple double extra or the Xiom Vega X, (Experts, please pitch-in your experience with these as an H3 Neo alternative) Also, I feel that there are many duplicates of H3 Neo (I think, there are fake copies of even the cheaper orange sponge H3 Neo in the market), so buying from a reliable store is very important. I'm in no way affiliated to Tabletennis11 store in Estonia, but recently I ordered few stuff from them and one of the item was the commercial cheap orange sponge H3 Neo, and so far (after 4 hours of play) I think It's legit.

As I recall tabletennis 11 is the official dealer for DHS in Europe. So it's legit. Ordered a lot off H3 stuff from them (provincial and commercial), always been happy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

this summarizes the whole thing, well-said

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I've been also looking for H3 Neo commercial alternatives that can offer similar benefits but with better durability and consistency. I'm thinking of giving a shot to Victas Triple double extra or the Xiom Vega X, (Experts, please pitch-in your experience with these as an H3 Neo alternative)

Well, I'm certainly not an expert in Chinese-style rubbers, but I don't think Xiom Vega X is in that category. Did you perhaps mean Xiom Vega China, or Xiom Omega VII China Guang?

TT11 recently did a really helpful video comparing some of the H3 Neo alternatives:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
  • Haha
Reactions: lodro