Which team do you think will win the World Team Championships 2014?

• China

Votes: 172 80.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
Still i think that Kenta lost the match for Japan (or as i prefer to see it, Papageorgiou won it for Greece! :D )
as all the other matches were open for both teams to win..

Anyway great win for Greece, one step closer to the goal of reaching top 12!
Where did you watch it ? And isnt it at 6 : 30 greece time ? The times ittf schedule gives aren't greenwich times ?

Posted 03-17-2014
Top | #11

SquareBall
user-online.png
User has no status!

Established TTD MemberCountry:
Greece.GIF

Equipment:
bat.png
TSP Thriller OFF-
batred.png
XIOM Sigma Europe I (2.1mm)
batblack.png
XIOM Sigma Europe I (2.1mm)

Join DateFeb 2014LocationPalliniPosts103Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Voted "other" aiming at greece team, which i believe is overpowered. Probably not the best and they cant beat China but, i dont care for that because no one can anyways. So i voted Greece for second potision although her group ain't easy, Japan and France are hardcore teams but i have that unjustified feeling KREANGA-GIONIS-PAPAGEORGIOU-LAGOGIANNIS-RINIOTIS are going to dominate !!!​
Last edited by SquareBall; 03-17-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hey SquareBall, unfortunately there was no live streaming for this match so i followed the live scoring from ittf.com

That was really slow though, so i was trying to predict how the match was going, based on the crowd reactions i could hear
from the ittv live stream (they broadcasted table 2, Greece was playing table 3!). So, huge cheer meant Japan scored a point,
single 'choooooooo' was Greece scoring a point!

Hey SquareBall, unfortunately there was no live streaming for this match so i followed the live scoring from ittf.com

That was really slow though, so i was trying to predict how the match was going, based on the crowd reactions i could hear
from the ittv live stream (they broadcasted table 2, Greece was playing table 3!). So, huge cheer meant Japan scored a point,
single 'choooooooo' was Greece scoring a point!
This is ridiculous ... Is it so hard to broadcast the games ? I wanted so much to watch it :(

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
can some one tell the individual result of china? did ma long play?
Yes he played.

China vs Brazil 3:0

Zhang Jike vs Cazou Matsumoto 3:1 (11:2, 11:6, 8:11, 13:11)
Ma Long vs Hugo Calderno 3:0 (3:11, 9:11, 4:11)
Xu Xin vs Gustavo Tsubio 3:1 (11:1, 11:4, 5:11, 11:8)

Reactions: ping fun
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Greece shock Japan!

Japan 2 - 3 Greece

Jun Mizutani vs Kalinikos Kreanga 3-2
Seiya Kishikawa vs Gionis Panagiotis 2-3
Kenta Matsudaira vs Konstantinos Papageorgiou 2-3
Jun Mizutani vs Gionis Panagiotis 3-1
Seiya Kishikawavs KREANGA Kalinikos 0-3

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Patrik Baum is injured and hasn't come to Tokyo yet. He may come tomorrow but after that will be to late.

Here is an interview about him:

mytischtennis: Mr. Rosskopf, what happens with Baum?

Jorg Rosskopf:
"Today I haven't received current information, but Baum will visit his doctor and then they will see, if he can fly today or tomorrow. He is recovering, but the gastroenteritis is hard. He is partially better."

mtt: When would be the last date for Baum to come to Tokyo?

Rosskopf:
"Tomorrow morning he should come. After that it would make no sense for him to come due to the time zone. It would be too late."

mtt: How important is Patrick Baum for the team?

Rosskopf:
"it's important to count on him as player number 3. Many players are afraid of him or have respect for him. When the number 3 isn't, the team has a weakness. China is the only team which can compensate that."

mmt: Do you have a backup plan or hopes of Baum coming?

Rosskopf:
"There is no backup plan, because we haven't nominated anyone else. It's possible to play with four players, but with all of them in good form. I see no problem with that. For Patrick Franziska and Steffen Mengel would be a completely different situation. But they can prepare for it and play completely free, because we don't expect our number 3 to be a hero."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
No, the best 3 teams of each group reach the main draw. It just means that when Japan finishes 2nd in their group, they have a bigger chance of facing Germany/China early.

I see. It's a round robin, and the top two advance and then it's elimination, right? Just like the tournaments here in the US. Thanks