Adidas rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
ive only tried P5, i will compare it with T05 since ive been using tenergy since 2009, P5 is actually good, speed is ok, its actually slower than T05 so for most people that i know P5 is actually a slow rubber, but for me speed is enough for competitive a game, its very spinny, spin is at par with T05, high throw rubber, throw is lower than T05 but still high throw, its a tad softer than T05, control is better than T05 specially on short game, its less bouncy, although i say T05 itself has good control, cant speak much of durability since i only have it for 3 days, quality is topnotch, it can compete any butterfly rubbers in terms of quality

looping was easy, lifting underspins was easier than other tensors that ive tried except for their soft versions like rakza 7 soft which for me is an excellent rubber for an all out looping game, you know its a high throw rubber because when you loop an underspin it clears the net a foot or two

the topsheet is supple and grippy, serves are spinny like tenergy and also its not affected much by incoming spin so it makes life easier in service receive and short pushes, same is true with T05

blocking is also good, catapult effect is there so not muck effort on blocking

smashing and hitting is average, although i dont hit and smash a lot, T05 is better in this department IMHO

loops, counterloops and loopdrives are good, well i must say tenergy is better because its faster without sacrificing the spin, so for more offensive game T05 i better

all in all P5 is a good allround new generation rubber/tensor, its a good bet if you want to go tensor from classic rubbers

in the end P5 is no tenergy but same can be said in reverse like tenergy is no P5, feel is different as well as playing characteristics

P5 offers an allround game so it does not really shine from anything except for its excellent control but it nothing bad can be said about it either, so like ive said before its a good and safe bet

for me its 1 of the better alternative for the super expensive tenergy:)

for most high level players i know they would still choose tenergy since its a more offensive rubber but then again they are high level player and im not

lastly p5 is no tenergy replacement or clone, no rubber plays exactly the same hence the word ALTERNATIVE

but remember that its just my opinion and im no high level player so its very subjective and i know others may disagree, but i just want to share my experience with it, i just hope its a durable rubber

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I have not try these rubbers are there are not available in my country.

Yeah, it seems none of our local suppliers are bringing in adidas. From the reviews and people who have been using them, adidas sure is looking good. The rubber may play like some of the more common rubbers that we known, but the blades look very impressive.

But I don't really mind if it's not available in our country, coz there is always internet!:)

Yeah, it seems none of our local suppliers are bringing in adidas. From the reviews and people who have been using them, adidas sure is looking good. The rubber may play like some of the more common rubbers that we known, but the blades look very impressive.

But I don't really mind if it's not available in our country, coz there is always internet!:)
Yes, you have to buy them on the internet :( But I think that they are worth it ;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I saw an Addidas rubber about a year ago at a regional tourney here in Korea, first time I ever saw one. Now, I see a sheet or two every tourney I go to if I play more than 5 opponents. Of the Addidas rubbers, TENZONE is getting the most buzz. Addidas already had a strong brand and presence inmany sports in terms of equipemnt and apparrel, so they have some brand loyaly and leverage entering the TT equipment market. Adidias has a lot of momentum and even my sponsor, Tak9.com, the large Korean online shop is a distributor.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I notice that the price of TenZone is pretty much in line with the price of Tenergy. So perhaps all we have to do is come up with a rubber with the letters T-E-N as the first part of the name and perhaps we can charge $80.00 (64.00 Euro) per sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Adidas tenzone sf is currently 69.95 USD and I believe JOOLA rhyzm is 64.95 USD. I actually disagree with the post sxtt posted in comparison to Tenergy 05 vs P5. P5 has the same throw angle and spin of T05. It is not softer either in the top sheet or sponge, but it is lighter in weight. Typically you would want to boost it to soften it up increasing the dwell and really making a great FH or BH rubber.

Tenzone and Tenzone SF are another story. I view them as much higher on the scale of Tenergy 05, 64, and 25. SF being the softer version is right around Tenergy 64 softness in feeling, but not necessarily the same in topsheet and sponge, but just a variation that makes it seem as soft. They're considered the big boys of the Adidas series much like Tenergy was for Butterfly, so if you want the spin and speed of tenergy with just a little bit more and also less weight and cost then Tenzone is definitely a good alternative, quiet possibly the best.

JOOLA rhyzm is a bit different. It is clearly a European rubber and plays as such, but I think players will find that it plays very much like Tenergy 64, both in its soft topsheet and medium hard sponge. The difference lies in the amount of control it provides. Where players might find Tenergy to be too out of control for them, rhyzm really outdoes tenergy on that end, it's very player friendly.

Hope this answers some questions. Any more questions on Adidas rubbers just shoot me a PM or for the North American Distributor I'd try www.pongsquad.com, almost always the best price online.