Chen Meng using Fan Zhendong Super ALC

says On a never ending EJ journey
says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
1701924458556.png

Thought it was the FZD ALC at first, but you can see that the lines are white, not gray. Is the first someone in CNT Team A has used the Viscaria Super ALC? I know ZQH uses a super ALC blade but that feels different than VSALC. Interesting to see the CNT deviate from your typical W968 and Viscaria.

This user has no status.
I believe more and more pro's are trying out Super ALC blades, seems like natural material and equipment evolvement. Lim Jonghoon, Adriana Diaz play with the Viscaria Super ALC if I am correct and Dang Qui plays with a custom penhold Super ALC blade I reckon.
In the match against Wang Manyu it didn't look like Diaz was playing the Viscaria Super ALC, but I couldn't tell what it is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah this game is definitely become more speed- and less spin-based. Why make a spinny shot when your opponent can't even reach it?
That's not the right analogy, the right analogy is that this spin thing doesn't bother any of my opponents, I need to make the ball go faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
In the match against Wang Manyu it didn't look like Diaz was playing the Viscaria Super ALC, but I couldn't tell what it is.

I think Diaz was playing Zhang Jike ALC blade against Wang Manyu match (I saw the blue colour handle of Zhang Jike ALC blade on her service in the beginning of second game in YouTube channel).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think Diaz was playing Zhang Jike ALC blade against Wang Manyu match (I saw the blue colour handle of Zhang Jike ALC blade on her service in the beginning of second game in YouTube channel).
I think she was a ZJK SZLC user before switching to the Viscaria SALC. She probably has a mild identity crisis or is promoting the desires of her sponsors in interviews.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Let us say find a blade you like and forget what pro's use.

I think pro's EJ almost as much as we do. It is just that they don't tell us about it (they need to uphold the blade model named after them). Also don't forget they practice like a lot. So they can adapt to various blades pretty easily. They are probably doing exactly what we are doing: trying different blades (and maybe rubber) to see if they can get the best results in the competition.

Reactions: kindof99
I wonder is it because of age? CM plays mostly close to table. SALC supposedly boosts her speed without tiring her out.
Exactly my thoughts and I think that is the case

Reactions: ben1229
That's not the right analogy, the right analogy is that this spin thing doesn't bother any of my opponents, I need to make the ball go faster.
I have a similar feeling. The changes in the ball - increase in size, celluloid to plastic - have both been detrimental to the spin aspect of the game in addition to being detrimental to the speed. However, Table Tennis - its wonder and joy is all about spin. The reason why China dominated the game for a long time is that they were masters of spin and power (power = spin + speed). The trend of the game becoming more flat speed oriented than spin is very worrisome. There is no beauty in a flat hitting game (atleast for me). I really hope that the balance does not move too much more away from spin. Table Tennis is nothing without spin.

Let us say find a blade you like and forget what pro's use.

I think pro's EJ almost as much as we do. It is just that they don't tell us about it (they need to uphold the blade model named after them). Also don't forget they practice like a lot. So they can adapt to various blades pretty easily. They are probably doing exactly what we are doing: trying different blades (and maybe rubber) to see if they can get the best results in the competition.
Very few pros EJ much. Some of the few famous ones who did or do EJ that I can remember are Ma Long (in the past), Xu Xin, Dimitry Ovtcharov, Zhou Qihao, Joao Geraldo to name a few. Some form of 5 + 2 ALC is the tried and tested weapon for most pros and most stick to it.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Pros definitely EJ from time to time or in the offseason.

Remember they have more quality table time and with practice partners able to place and drill the ball where they want it.

So what would take amateurs 2-4 weeks to comprehensively test, it would be no longer than 1 week for a pro to come to their conclusion. It’s not unusual for them to test for 30mins at the end of a session if they err on cautious side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Very few pros EJ much. Some of the few famous ones who did or do EJ that I can remember are Ma Long (in the past), Xu Xin, Dimitry Ovtcharov, Zhou Qihao, Joao Geraldo to name a few. Some form of 5 + 2 ALC is the tried and tested weapon for most pros and most stick to it.
Koki Niwa's changed his everything so often. From Quartet AFC to Koki Niwa - wood, ZC. Then rubbers V>15 extra, V>22, TDE, V>15 sticky.

Most EJing pros would do is during the creation of a new blade or rubber. They go through many prototypes.

This user has no status.
Will there be a sticky version of V15E available ?
Koki Niwa's changed his everything so often. From Quartet AFC to Koki Niwa - wood, ZC. Then rubbers V>15 extra, V>22, TDE, V>15 sticky.

Most EJing pros would do is during the creation of a new blade or rubber. They go through many prototypes.is