Day 2 of the Volkswagen China vs World Team Challenge was the concluding day in the Minhang District in Shanghai on the 25th November 2012. Yesterday saw doubles pairing Wang Liqin and Ma Lin post a victory over Timo Boll and Dimitrij Ovtcharov giving China the 1-0 lead. Ma Lin then eliminated Timo Boll in the singles match by 3 sets to 1 giving China 2 -0 lead.

The successors on day 2 were China's Xu Xin and Wang Liqin who are both local men born in Shanghai who bought the China versus world Volkswagen Challenge to a close.

xuxinworldteamchal.jpg

Xu Xin outstanding against Michael maze Photo courtesy of Organising Committee

Men's Team - Day 2

Match 3 of the challenge: Xu Xin vs Michael Maze

Prior to today's match which you can see below, Maze commented (comments thanks to ittf.com) “I am the no.3 player in the World Team and I was convinced by my teammates to play the first match today. It will be though match in any case.”

Xu Xin commented “I did not play yesterday, but I am ready at any time for the challenge”. Xu Xin's forehand was the key weapon in the match and Maze was not able to manage the full force through the match.

Xu Xin, the 22 year old beat Denmark’s Michael Maze in four games (11-4, 9-11, 11-5, 11-9) to post the third successive victory for host nations China!

Match 3 of the challenge: Wang Liqin vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Dimitrij Ovtcharov commented prior to the match (comments thanks to the ittf.com) “I try my best in this match, however I have had a bad cold in the last few days”, said the German star. “I hope to succeed this time.”

“There is absolutely no pressure on me with a three-nil lead”, said Wang Liqin. “I want to play my best form in front of the home crowd.”

Wang Liqin succeeded in the full five games (11=5, 10-12, 7-11, 11-5, 11-3).

Women's Team - Day 2

zhuworldteam.jpg

Zhu Yuling beat Feng Tianwei to end matters Photo courtesy of Organising Committee

Chen Meng sealed victory for China eliminating Romania’s Elizabeta Samara in four games (9-11, 11-5, 11-5, 11-7). The fourth match of the night consisted of Zhu Yuling and Feng Tianwei who both produced the rally of the tournament which you can see below! :) Zhu Yuling defeated Feng Tianwei in four sets (8-11, 11-6, 11-1, 11-9). Check out the point below:

Click here for all the latest news, results, videos and photos from the China vs World Team Challenge and be sure to check out our Media Library for the the latest videos from this spectacular event!

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily