Der_Echte in NYC

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
@Carl, the moar the merrier. The Korean club will like the extra business too :)

It will not require a 2200 level player to expose my serve/attack game as a fraud, but have at it, film it all, and I will smile all the way. I think two players who are MyTT members have indicated an inclination to show up Sat PM at the Korean club in Flushing. One is about my level and the other, I do not know, but he does NOT shape up to be a slouch. Could be the same one you are bringing, maybe not. ALL of you will have a blast and be treat right in the Korean club or they will face me in the street. (or the Korean Karaoke 'casue I cut my teeth on old school Korean Gayo that the old school crowd loves)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
William, I kinda miss your playing bro, plz not only photos taken but also recording some short videos ^^

Brice, when you gunna post your pics of something important that just happened haha?

Of course I miss rolling down to Seoul to link up with you, your mate, and all your friends. I miss how we rolled and ruled the amature scene and made action happen no matter where we rolled. If it wasn't for TTD, I prolly wouldn't have met you until you ran across our Korea Foreign TTC FB page haha.

I am sure everyone who will show up will absolutely bring a well charged smart phone and will take so many pics so fast their phones will be smoking.

I have challenged everyone to take pic and vid evidence and post it to the entire forum to expose me as a crappy serve/attack player and a fraud.

Brice, you have seen me in action, tell them how crappy low level my serves and attack are haha.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Korean Club in Flushing is at this address in case anyone or their auntie decides to show up Sat late afternoon.

45-19 162 Street Flushing, New York 11358

The club is right across the street form a shoe shop (Villiage) and a dog care place (NY Puppy Club)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
The Korean Club in Flushing is at this address in case anyone or their auntie decides to show up Sat late afternoon.

45-19 162 Street Flushing, New York 11358

The club is right across the street form a shoe shop (Villiage) and a dog care place (NY Puppy Club)

How do I sign up?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For the labor day tourney? Prolly too late. It is a team tourney for the Korean community. I somehow made it on to a team because I got a Korean name and over the phone, they don't know I am not Korean :) There will also prolly be a singles and doubles event, but registration is prolly closed already :(

But I tell you what, it looks like we got so many forum members showing up on Sat afternoon, we could make an on the spot tourney at the Korean club with us and whoever is there. Koreans LOVE sudden round robin tourneys to decide who pays for the delivery chicken or Chinese delivery food. I am totally sure we could make some action there no problem. It will attract TT trouble like flies to food haha.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You, Carl, and whoever, whenever shows up, I will ensure the Korean club treats you right this time and any time you show up later. Once you get identified as my friend and I tell the Koreans you are my friend, you will be respected and treated well there.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You think a USATT sanctioned tourney has suspense and action and everyone trying their best?

haha, you GOTTA be at a Korean club when the players get together for a quick round robin tourney to decide who pays how much for the delivery food everyone eats together when it is all over. You NEVER heard or SAW such passion in a TT match EVER. Koreans take their delivery food something serious and they strongly dislike being the one who has to pay for it !!

A typical food tourney breaks down something like this to determine who pays for a $25 delivery food bill...

1st Place... Free, ZERO, nada.
2nd Place... $4
3rd Place... $6
4th place... $8
5th place... $10

After the round robin, the food arrives and everyone coughed up the moneys they were required and they all sit down in the area for waiting and chow down !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
@ Der Echte and Carl : Get some videos of the ttd members playing and posing with you and that will be a treat for us. we have seen LSY's skinny long legs much too often in facebook and elsewhere courtesy Adam and the Spin Gang. , but we totally get it if you want to take some pics with her as well :p

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
@ttm... I am sure there will be plenty of camera action, but don't expect Carl, me, Wally G, and Tahl L to band together and do a thunder run through the town making all manner of mischief, it just isn't gunna happen.

@agold... I get into this thing because I am considered part of the Korean community. I have been speaking Korean for almost 30 years, I sometimes have to teach Korean to Koreans in Korean communities where the children/teenagers forgot their Korean, and often I am looked upon to translate the preacher's sermons and do live translation mission impossible. Most of the amature Korean TT community knew who I was BEFORE I did my 4 years recently in Korea. Although I am glow in the dark bright white skinned dude, I do enough around the Korean community to be considered part of the family. I think our team will have a Chinese woman on it, but she speaks enough Korean to not arouse suspicion. She isn't a ringer, prolly plays 1400-1500 level.

If you can make it Sat, great, if not, maybe we migrate to Manhattan Sat night, if not, there is Sunday to go clown around Manhattan. I usually make the comparison to drunken monkeys, but there is a chance I will be driving, so drunken monkeys will not be part of the mission plan on this go around. I think drunk drivers are WORSE than our most dangerous sworn terrorist enemies - drunk drivers kill 10x more Americans a year than all our enemies combined.

You gotta get in on one of those food round robins, the action is fierce !!! You think you have seen some jokers get pumped up and CHO, you got get in on the food round robin thing to experience TT combat and fun. Competing to NOT pay for the food everyone chows down together really brings out a lot of spirit haha.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I will definitely be there by 6:45 only if you guys would like. 250 west 100th street (between Broadway and west end)

Sorry A, we stayed at the Korean club in Flushing since we started there at around 5pm. Just got home. It is midnight. We had some food after. I will post photos soon.

Lets see what happens tomorrow. But William gave me a blade that I will pass on to you.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
agold, since Carl lives in NYC and I don't, I coughed up an Instinkt+ OFF- Blade with Aurus and good ole XP 2008. Test it out and I will bet you can loop and hit with that thing as well as you can hit with anything you got. Long term test it and cough it up to another TTer afterwards.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I will post in more detail (without pics) (we used everyone else's phone) but PPHolic from MyTT and Carl from TTD showed up. We had a long 5 hrs+ of hitting and a meal afterwards. Played a lot of doubles at the club too with many of the Korean members. Carl is every bit as solid as his posts indicate. He can close to table or from a step away topspin continuous attack without a miss. PPHolic is simply getting better, especially his touch with hiz RPB shot. ANY of those games could have gone either way all tight and he won. Carl and PPH are clearly getting better while I am clearly NOT getting better, I'm not even maintaining the level :(

Still, we had a rip roaring fun time with a lot of shop talk and fun stuff, I still got to move and hit some and had my chances at some BH balls and issue them death sentences.