Dimitrij Ovtcharov using Hurricane rubber at World Cup 2016!

blade looks like primorac carbon.
definitely not the ovtcharov most truest carbon :-O

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/29440373493/

View attachment 10994

I don't think so... At least, the handle is the same as Senso Carbon (picture below)

Ovtcharov.JPG

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I wonder how Donic feel Dima using this? On the other note how would Dimitrij even get this rubber? it must be a national version. My guess it's Hurricane 3 like the rest of the CNT.
I doubt donic care since he used to use tenergy. And you can get the national version if you have the right contact. ;)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I think it would be pretty difficult to switch to a different set-up at that level.
He may be thinking that by using what the Chinese use, his FH will have an advantage. His expectations would be high perhaps. Miss a few FH's and the equipment change would start to creep in mentally.
I give him thumbs up for wanting to explore changing parts of his game but it must not be not easy when you are trying to re-wire 1000's of hours of conscious to unconscious practice. I bet his coach told him he'd probably lose a few games before it becomes natural.

Actually, it is not difficult to switch for pros of his level. Top ten players experiment with different rubber often, and if they find they like something, they make the switch to it. And they do not attempt to compete with it until they've gotten plenty of hours with whatever it is that's new in their setup.

There are Japanese players that use H3. It's not that strange for a European player to use H3. But about the sponsor, Donic, well that's strange.

This user has no status.
I actually like how he played with it. With time to adjust, it is a good decision as he definitely pushed better with this forehand.

I agree with NextLevel, I think his FH was strong in the game vs Karlsson. I think his problem was that he wasn't as fast and as usual.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Actually, it is not difficult to switch for pros of his level. Top ten players experiment with different rubber often, and if they find they like something, they make the switch to it. And they do not attempt to compete with it until they've gotten plenty of hours with whatever it is that's new in their setup.

There are Japanese players that use H3. It's not that strange for a European player to use H3. But about the sponsor, Donic, well that's strange.

Who uses H3 from Team Japan?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
really nice to see Dima try smth. new. He is looking forward, not only play games - he want to learn. Double pleasure he is using Hurricane III. But where he will get it for his training process?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I just received this photo from my friend, a close up of Ovtcharov's forehand rubber at the World Cup. Look, he is using a Chinese rubber looks like a DHS rubber blue sponge?

Strange I think.

View attachment 10993

Don't mean to be the spoil sport, but can really anybody see the printing properly?

I blew up the pic to fullscreen but couldn't recognize any details on the topsheet.
Or does anybody maybe have this pic in high res?

What I could see is the blueish colour peeping between the topsheet and the side tape though.
just FTR: Donic also uses rubbers with blue sponges....

And as I already wrote in a different thread, there are TT-players working for the R&D department of ESN that can simply produce ANY rubber with ANY printing on it, but only in small batches 'cause it's quite expensive and therefore only for a few pros.

But if anyone's got this pic in high res it could clear up things.

Maybe it's because all these weird conspiracy theories and practices on the web that made me so sceptical this be questioning each and every thing, but guys from this pic I wouldn't be able to tell anything for sure...

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Well, in the 1t set dima changed racket sides when smashing (he was smashing with red one). I don't see why would he do that if his black rubber had simillar trampoline effect as tenergy/bluefire or any other non chinese rubber. Also he was so afraid to play fh loops.

I think he took 1 point (maybe 2) using fh loops/drives in 1st set. Even when he got ball into the middle of fh that normally would be perfect ocasion for him to counter loop he just blocked it with bh in very unnatural way. It wasn't even chop block.

It is not a definitive proof, but I guess that using new chinese rubber that he is not used to would explain everything I wrote about above

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
So another player falls to the dark side (illegal boosting).
I kind of hope Chinese domination continues to the point where everyone boosts and ITTF just legalise the boosting.

As if the Chinese are the only ones to boost. And even if they wouldn't they would still be the best.

Reactions: fz29888
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I kind of hope Chinese domination continues to the point where everyone boosts and ITTF just legalise the boosting.

They should do that anyway. Even if suddenly the Portugese magically go on a run and their players win the next 8 Grams Slam events, they should still legalize boosting.

This user has no status.
Don't mean to be the spoil sport, but can really anybody see the printing properly?

I blew up the pic to fullscreen but couldn't recognize any details on the topsheet.
Or does anybody maybe have this pic in high res?

What I could see is the blueish colour peeping between the topsheet and the side tape though.
just FTR: Donic also uses rubbers with blue sponges....

And as I already wrote in a different thread, there are TT-players working for the R&D department of ESN that can simply produce ANY rubber with ANY printing on it, but only in small batches 'cause it's quite expensive and therefore only for a few pros.

But if anyone's got this pic in high res it could clear up things.

Maybe it's because all these weird conspiracy theories and practices on the web that made me so sceptical this be questioning each and every thing, but guys from this pic I wouldn't be able to tell anything for sure...

Try rotating the picture and compare to your Hurricane. I was skeptical at first too but everything changed when I looked closer and compared it to my sheet. The tail of the DHS chinese logo is noticeable.

I will also list the things I noticed :
1. His ridiculous grunting is still there
2. The contact sound seems different
3. The angle of his racket seems more open
4. His stroke seems more "brushier"
5. He is pals with the CNT ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

If you look at the top players rackets, you simply see that the rubbers are boosted. Doesn't matter if they boost or they get it boosted, it's clearly visible. If you can't see, or don't believe it, you've never seen a boosted rubber.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenansouthall
This user has no status.

It is not illegal if they get it boosted from the factory. Stop calling TT pros cheaters.